ROLL TIDE!!

Canadian Bills Fan

You mean like next year or the past few years? There is no team, absolutely no team that doesn't play cupcakes. Bama plays the top teams in the country every year. This is the one year where the ooc hasnt been killer. 

If you guys dont like Bama why come in here and talk crap? Dont watch em.

On 11/30/2019 at 8:54 PM, cle23 said:

Alabama schedules its own non conference games, and they're almost always beyond awful teams.

On 11/30/2019 at 9:33 PM, cle23 said:

It's not any harder than the Big 10. And Bama always schedules then late in the year

The SEC office schedules all in conference games a few years in advance.

"...they're almost always beyond awful teams."

If only scheduling OOC games were as simple as you think it is.

On 11/30/2019 at 7:54 PM, cle23 said:

Alabama schedules its own non conference games, and they're almost always beyond awful teams.

Not entirely true. This season, for instance, Bama played in the Chick-fil-a Kickoff game, against an ACC opponent. That opponent was Duke. Bama didn't choose them, but we were selected for that game, and we played the opponent that was chosen for us. We've played Clemson, WV, Virginia Tech, and Florida State among others in that game. We've also played openers against Wisconsin, USC, and Michigan in recent years. Most of these were neutral site games where we didn't choose the opponent, just opted to accept an invitation to play in a game. 

Now, we also are going to schedule 3 cupcakes at home every year, as do every other program in the world. But please don't act as though Bama has complete control of the non-con schedule. You've also got to get teams to agree to play you (which ain't always easy).

On 12/1/2019 at 6:13 AM, Joe in Winslow said:

Enjoy the gator bowl Alabama

We really are kind of struggling with this. The rest of y'all know what it's like to miss the playoff. It's uncharted territory for us... 

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

good to see you are getting over it, hopefully give you Notre Dame for a big NYD game

everyone is much enjoying your misery

how many hours of the Paul Finebaum Show did you download for Monday and Tuesday?

You really are wrong about this.

Bama had too many bad breaks and injuries to compete at their best level this season. I am not angry at all about this game. Remember, I am a Bills Fan for decades. I have known football misery lol.

The Tide will be fine Bro. ;)

PS: I hope that our top players sit out the Bowl game.

Edited by Bill from NYC

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Bama had too many bad breaks and injuries to compete at their best level this season. I am not angry at all about this game. Remember, I am a Bills Fan for decades. I have known football misery lol.

PS: I hope that our top players sit out the Boll game.

It ruined the fun when Tua went down, took all the spark out of cheering/hating the team.

At least there are worthy replacements in the SEC this year as we all await to see how good Clemson really is....

Alabama is a proud program and has been there for so many important games of my watching and attending of games (saw them at Fayetteville in 2000)

Look forward to jeering them next season.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

It ruined the fun when Tua went down, took all the spark out of cheering/hating the team.

At least there are worthy replacements in the SEC this year as we all await to see how good Clemson really is....

Alabama is a proud program and has been there for so many important games of my watching and attending of games (saw them at Fayetteville in 2000)

Look forward to jeering them next season.

They need to seriously fortify the DL, especially the nose. A returning DL named Baremore looks like he will be great.The OL should be fine. Waddle will be back at wr and watch out for a returning soph. named Metchie, also a wr. Trey Sanders will be back at RB.

They have an early commit from a QB from California who looks great.

The schedule will be brutal but I am optimistic.

58 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

They need to seriously fortify the DL, especially the nose. A returning DL named Baremore looks like he will be great.The OL should be fine. Waddle will be back at wr and watch out for a returning soph. named Metchie, also a wr. Trey Sanders will be back at RB.

They have an early commit from a QB from California who looks great.

The schedule will be brutal but I am optimistic.

A few heads will roll on the coaching staff?

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 2:10 PM, row_33 said:

A few heads will roll on the coaching staff?

Perhaps but maybe less than last season. The DC is a young coach who sounds very bright. As I said, he didn't have a good enough NT and lost both ILBs, and one was a certain 1st round pick.The freshmen who filled in are very talented but were ill equipped in terms of experience. DE Antonio Alfano was said by many to be the top prospect in the nation last year. He had some emotional (and/or other) problems and never reported. Huge loss.

Sarkasian is (imo) a fine OC. I hope that he stays.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/4/2019 at 9:03 AM, Bill from NYC said:

PS: I hope that our top players sit out the Bowl game.

^^^^^ALL THIS^^^^^

• Like (+1) 1

waaaaahhhhhhhh injuries.... as if no team hasn't suffered them

it's kind of amazing Bama did play at the top level for years before using this excuse

i would be disappointed if the Tide wasn't back in contention next year

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

waaaaahhhhhhhh injuries.... as if no team hasn't suffered them

it's kind of amazing Bama did play at the top level for years before using this excuse

i would be disappointed if the Tide wasn't back in contention next year

Look, nobody feels sorry for Bama, nor should they. But I would venture to guess no team has suffered a rash of injuries like us over the last three years. Saban was INCREDIBLY lucky with injuries over the first 6-7 years at Alabama. Just didn't have many. Not so the last couple of seasons. Since I don't have a clue how to make a tweet show up here, I'll just copy the text and post it (this seems relevant)

With credit to @CFBNerds:

You wanna know how bad Alabama's injury luck has been?

Mocks have some combination of Tua, Diggs, Ruggs, Jeudy, Lewis, Smith, Wills, and Moses in the first round.

In 3 years, they never all played in the same game.

Edited by BillsFanCRNA
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 12/4/2019 at 1:21 PM, Bill from NYC said:

Perhaps but maybe less than last season. The DC is a young coach who sounds very bright. As I said, he didn't have a good enough NT and lost both ILBs, and one was a certain 1st round pick.The freshman who filled in are very talented but were ill equipped in terms of experience. DE Antonio Alfano was said by many to be the top prospect in the nation last year. He had some emotional (and/or other) problems and never reported. Huge loss.

Sarkasian is (imo) a fine OC. I hope that he stays.

I agree about Sark. Thought the Iron Bowl was probably his best game ever at Bama. I'm fine with him coming back. I feel like Golding may be in over his head a bit as DC. Great young, energetic position coach. Good recruiter. Not quite ready to be DC, IMO. It was the same thing with Tosh the last couple of seasons. The defense has slipped since Pruitt left. We had a long run of experienced successful DCs, From Steele, to Smart, then Pruitt. But the last couple of hires have felt forced. I would love to get Muschamp if SC fires him, or to be able to lure Chizik out of retirement (both EXTREMELY unlikely). Golding could go back to coaching ILB's only. Best case scenario, IMO.

14 hours ago, BillsFanCRNA said:

I agree about Sark. Thought the Iron Bowl was probably his best game ever at Bama. I'm fine with him coming back. I feel like Golding may be in over his head a bit as DC. Great young, energetic position coach. Good recruiter. Not quite ready to be DC, IMO. It was the same thing with Tosh the last couple of seasons. The defense has slipped since Pruitt left. We had a long run of experienced successful DCs, From Steele, to Smart, then Pruitt. But the last couple of hires have felt forced. I would love to get Muschamp if SC fires him, or to be able to lure Chizik out of retirement (both EXTREMELY unlikely). Golding could go back to coaching ILB's only. Best case scenario, IMO.

Sark is a very skilled, smart and confident coach. He is perfect for Saban, who as we know doesn't hesitate to override decisions by assistants when he deems fit to do so.

I agree with all that you say about Golding. I just feel like he will only improve as he continues to learn Saban's complicated system.

The biggest issue they now face (imo of course) is at NT. The last 4 or 5 players we had at that position were great. I cannot stress enough the importance of this position in this defense. Now, Baremore looks like a budding superstar and could probably do it, but it sure is nice having him rush from more on the outside. I am 100% certain that Saban will go all out on the DL next season. He has to.

Edited by Bill from NYC

17 hours ago, BillsFanCRNA said:

Look, nobody feels sorry for Bama, nor should they. But I would venture to guess no team has suffered a rash of injuries like us over the last three years. Saban was INCREDIBLY lucky with injuries over the first 6-7 years at Alabama. Just didn't have many. Not so the last couple of seasons. Since I don't have a clue how to make a tweet show up here, I'll just copy the text and post it (this seems relevant)

With credit to @CFBNerds:

You wanna know how bad Alabama's injury luck has been?

Mocks have some combination of Tua, Diggs, Ruggs, Jeudy, Lewis, Smith, Wills, and Moses in the first round.

In 3 years, they never all played in the same game.

hands up all non-Bama fans who are crying for injuries the team sustained....

anyone?  Bueller?

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

hands up all non-Bama fans who are crying for injuries the team sustained....

anyone?  Bueller?

As I already said, no one feels sorry for Bama, NOR SHOULD THEY. But let’s not be intellectually dishonest and act as though the injury situation the last couple of years have had no effect on the on-field product. 

Good grief, eliminate just the injury at QB this season alone, and y’all would all be crying about Bama being back in the playoff. AGAIN.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.