ROLL TIDE!!

Canadian Bills Fan

Starter among three suspended by Alabama for College Football Playoff over team rules violation

The No. 1 Crimson Tide will be without a starting offensive lineman for the Orange Bowl

Alabama announced on Monday that three players -- junior offensive lineman Elliot Baker, sophomore offensive lineman Deonte Brown and sophomore tight end Kedrick James -- did not make the trip to South Florida for the College Football Playoff semifinal and are suspended for the Orange Bowl due to a violation of team rules and policies.

Brown is the most notable player of the trio. The 6-foot-4, 344-pounder from Decatur, Alabama, earned the starting job at left guard midway through the 2018 season. He started five games for the Crimson Tide, beginning with the Tennessee game on Oct. 20. He missed a contest against The Citadel on Nov. 17 but returned for the Iron Bowl vs. Auburn on Nov. 24.

A key member of a Tide offensive line that came of age during the last month of the season, Brown helped paved the way for Alabama's rushers to average 5.62 yards per carry during the final month of the regular season, including 5.41 in the SEC Championship Game win over Georgia. 

I think I am developing a serious man crush for this guy.

Jalen Hurts: 'The story is not over'

"Q: How do you want to be remembered at Alabama?

A: Everyone wants to go down with a … I think every competitor wants to leave some kind of legacy, and be remembered in a great fashion, and go down in a legendary style, but I can’t say that my story is over."

"Q: Have you submitted any paperwork to potentially put your name out there in that transfer model, or are you going to wait until after the season?

A: I’ve spoken about that already in the fall. I’ve never said anything about transferring. Those words have never came out of my mouth. Those have always been kind of assumptions, and if I haven’t spoken about it, then I don’t think it’s a conversation to be had."

????

Could it be ...

2 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Refs did the right thing.  They let the play finish before reviewing it.  Replay clearly showed it was a forward pass and the play was overturned

What about the fumble and incompletion?

No matter though, this joke of an Ok defense is something to behold.  How anyone with eyes can think this is a deserving team is mind boggling.  The best part of their defense is literally hoping the similar team colors will lead to Tua confusion and interceptions.

1 minute ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

What a game! ROLL TIDE!!

Indeed!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

What about the fumble and incompletion?

No matter though, this joke of an Ok defense is something to behold.  How anyone with eyes can think this is a deserving team is mind boggling.  The best part of their defense is literally hoping the similar team colors will lead to Tua confusion and interceptions.

Do you think Notre Dame is a better team?

11 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Refs tried to gift THREE touchdowns?

Refs sure tried to keep Oklahoma in it. Lineman off the ball....lol suuuurreee. Replay says no. Offensive linemen jump on Q Williams after a play is over and no flag mmmkay. And the olinemen does more to injure his QB than Q. Nice.

6 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

OK, sorry. :)

I was really hoping for much more from Notre Dame. I wonder how they look for next year.

Take this year's games. Save them and then rewatch next year. Will be the same team. 

Edited by Bfanlc
  • Like (+1) 1

Congrats to Clemson on a very impressive, well deserved victory.

Thanks to the players who played their last game in Crimson.

Thanks to Coach Saban, the GOAT.

To the returning players: not to worry, the Crimson Tide isn't going any place but back on top.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Congrats to Clemson on a very impressive, well deserved victory.

Thanks to the players who played their last game in Crimson.

Thanks to Coach Saban, the GOAT.

To the returning players: not to worry, the Crimson Tide isn't going any place but back on top.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huge of you, and I’m also sure they will be fine.

at what point did you realize it was over?

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Huge of you, and I’m also sure they will be fine.

at what point did you realize it was over?

I quit watching at the end of the third. My son had school the next day and we were at a friends house so had to get home. Frankly I've never seen a worse coached Saban team. Not sure we have any leaders on defense.  Have two good players on defense, Jennings and William's. Everyone else on defense was blah.

11 hours ago, Bfanlc said:

I quit watching at the end of the third. My son had school the next day and we were at a friends house so had to get home. Frankly I've never seen a worse coached Saban team. Not sure we have any leaders on defense.  Have two good players on defense, Jennings and William's. Everyone else on defense was blah.

I still was believing until i realized it was 44-16 in the 4th, waiting for some magic to arise.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.