ROLL TIDE!!

Canadian Bills Fan

21 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

This too makes sense.

I saw some of the UCF game on Saturday. Do you remember when you and I were talking about Texas A&M? I think that A&M is WAY better than UCF but once again, that doesn't make me right.

it's all a matter of perception, unless they actually duke it out on the field

this isn't a year for a UCF to get even a remote chance at the playoff, all top teams will have 0 or 1 loss,

even something will happen in the SEC or B1G where the Playoff team doesn't have to play in its Conference Title Game again?

i would like to allow strong mid-majors to get a shot at it, like they do for hoops, but it won't happen soon

5 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I see your point. I simply don't think that UCF is in a class with the top teams. Of course, this doesn't make me right.

Don't get me wrong, not good enough is not good enough.  It is the facade that they are even seriously considered that is disappointing.  

Everything about the NCAA seems fraudulent to me and this is on the lower end of the scale but they are telling schools like UCF a lie.  Recruiting violations for hamburgers and helping kids get home for funerals......fake punishments that are quickly rolled back for a school that covered up child rape.....pardon me if I have my doubts about the selection process.

55 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Don't get me wrong, not good enough is not good enough.  It is the facade that they are even seriously considered that is disappointing.  

Everything about the NCAA seems fraudulent to me and this is on the lower end of the scale but they are telling schools like UCF a lie.  Recruiting violations for hamburgers and helping kids get home for funerals......fake punishments that are quickly rolled back for a school that covered up child rape.....pardon me if I have my doubts about the selection process.

i'm expecting Buffalo to get the "double whammy sudden investigation" for daring to be too good at hoops and football by 2021....  :(

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Cynical said:

Roll Tide Roll! SEC West Division winner.

A great game. Old school Bama ball. A punishing running game, and a suffocating D.

Quinnen Williams was an absolute monster out there.

The outside pass rush from both Jennings and Miller was the best we have seen this season. Also, everyone in the secondary had a great game.

The running game really impressed me this week. Did you see Najee Harris? He was on fire! Sucks that he hurt his ankle but supposedly it isn't so bad.

Edited by Bill from NYC

20 hours ago, Bfanlc said:

I know it's another year away but where do you think Tua goes in the draft?

If Tua continues to play at this level and/or continues to develop during this season and next,

IMHO, Tua has the potential to be the consensus overall 1st pick in 2020.

At the very least, he's a first rounder.

He has all the physical attributes (accuracy, arm strength, vision, anticipation, pocket presence, etc...) and all the mental attributes (pre-snap reads, decision making, leadeship, etc ...) that an NFL franchise could want in a QB.

The only thing he is lacking right now is experience.

If you are looking for a good non-biased (homer) assessment of Tua passing, I recommend this guy:

Matt Wyatt

He is a former a Miss St QB, and presently an analyst for Miss St.

He broke down all of Tua's throws from 2017, and he has done some here and there from this season.

He speaks very highly of Tua, and during an interview this year, said Tua had the best anticipation of any QB in college this year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lol it is 14-7 Bama but ref's say 21-0.  

Please. Two of those calls were shaky, but it is usually the other way around.

And if a team wants to beat The National Champion University of Alabama Crimson Tide, the thing is; you might want to score a point against them. This is something that just has not happened in 8 full quarters.

Make no mistake, the Tide can lose. I fully know this. But do let me know who you think will beat us. ;)

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Please. Two of those calls were shaky, but it is usually the other way around.

And if a team wants to beat The National Champion University of Alabama Crimson Tide, the thing is; you might want to score a point against them. This is something that just has not happened in 8 full quarters.

Make no mistake, the Tide can lose. I fully know this. But do let me know who you think will beat us. ;)

The fumble was a shaky call but the block in the back was Patiotesque  favoritism. 

And FWIW my aunt Joan used to refer to her time of the month as her crimson tide.

Edited by 4merper4mer

5 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Is that the place from which you inherited your jealous traits?

I'm not jealous.  I'm impartial.  You've asked me several times my favorite college football team, and I've stated I don't have one.  How is lea lousy in play here?

Getting calls like the one Bama got yesterday ought to be embarrassing to a Bama fan.  It seems even in this juggernaut of a season, it's not.  Underlying doubts?

22 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I'm not jealous.  I'm impartial.  You've asked me several times my favorite college football team, and I've stated I don't have one.  How is lea lousy in play here?

Getting calls like the one Bama got yesterday ought to be embarrassing to a Bama fan.  It seems even in this juggernaut of a season, it's not.  Underlying doubts?

It just seems weird that you only point out calls that Bama gets or doesn't get in its favor. How come you dont point out the ones that go against Bama that are incorrect? My guess is that you aren't impartial.

Listen no true college football fan wants their team to get calls that aren't correct. But every team every game gets calls one way or the other that are incorrect. The refs are human, they make mistakes plus the sport is getting faster making it harder to catch everything.  It's just going to continue to get worse.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bfanlc said:

It just seems weird that you only point out calls that Bama gets or doesn't get in its favor. How come you dont point out the ones that go against Bama that are incorrect? My guess is that you aren't impartial.

Listen no true college football fan wants their team to get calls that aren't correct. But every team every game gets calls one way or the other that are incorrect. The refs are human, they make mistakes plus the sport is getting faster making it harder to catch everything.  It's just going to continue to get worse.

Dude.

That call in the end zone was atrocious.  The fumble fits your point, but a phantom block in the back that had zero impact on anything?  0% chance Bama ever gets a call that bad against them.  They don't need the help, but knowing it is there in a pinch must be nice.

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

how did my boy Jonah do today ?

The OL was good, not great. LG Lester Cotton was replaced several games ago with a kid who was doing quite well. He got hut and Cotton came back in and you could see the difference. Jonah looked good but I have never seen him look bad since he has ben at Alabama. He was even spectacular at RT at his size.

Jonah is a perfect college LT but remember, he came to Bama as a 245 pound TE. Now this is great for coordination but can he keep the weight on to play in the NFL? Probably, but that (imo) is a risk for a top 10 pick. His weight lifting numbers at the combine will matter a lot imo but again, his balance and footwork would appear to be flawless and he practices every day against monsters.

21 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Dude.

That call in the end zone was atrocious.  The fumble fits your point, but a phantom block in the back that had zero impact on anything?  0% chance Bama ever gets a call that bad against them.  They don't need the help, but knowing it is there in a pinch must be nice.

Nobody said that was a good call.

Now, do you really think that Alabama gets more favorable calls than Notre Dame? Imo, a Notre Dame championship is exactly what the networks want, not another title for the Crimson Tide.

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

The OL was good, not great. LG Lester Cotton was replaced several games ago with a kid who was doing quite well. He got hut and Cotton came back in and you could see the difference. Jonah looked good but I have never seen him look bad since he has ben at Alabama. He was even spectacular at RT at his size.

Jonah is a perfect college LT but remember, he came to Bama as a 245 pound TE. Now this is great for coordination but can he keep the weight on to play in the NFL? Probably, but that (imo) is a risk for a top 10 pick. His weight lifting numbers at the combine will matter a lot imo but again, his balance and footwork would appear to be flawless and he practices every day against monsters.

Nobody said that was a good call.

Now, do you really think that Alabama gets more favorable calls than Notre Dame? Imo, a Notre Dame championship is exactly what the networks want, not another title for the Crimson Tide.

You can't be serious Shirley.  There is a difference between a bad call and a call that would never happen if the teams were reversed.  Being a Bills fan, you should be able to easily recognize one.

I haven't seen ND all year so I couldn't speak to their calls.  I turned on Bama for a few minutes after the Sabres game and saw what I saw.  Impressive that Miss St was #16 even with 3 losses.  It's almost like they grade the SEC teams on a curve or something.  With all those tough games like MSU and Auburn, they better watch out not to fall into a trap game against the high quality Citadel team next week.

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I haven't seen ND all year so I couldn't speak to their calls.  I turned on Bama for a few minutes after the Sabres game and saw what I saw.  Impressive that Miss St was #16 even with 3 losses.  It's almost like they grade the SEC teams on a curve or something.  With all those tough games like MSU and Auburn, they better watch out not to fall into a trap game against the high quality Citadel team next week.

Like the aunt you mentioned, you too are dripping, in your case with with hate and jealousy but please, don't let me get in the way because it is rather amusing.

Have you EVER seen Notre Dame play? If so, don't you think that they get quite a few nice calls? Are you telling me  that the networks would rather see the World Champion, currently undefeated University of Alabama Crimson Tide than Notre Dame, who has a built in religious fanbase of tens of millions? Wake up if you will. Alabama is a small market team. They just happen to be great.

As for teams like Texas A&M and Mississippi State, they are superior to many teams outside their conference. Coming into the game, MSU had the 2nd ranked defense in the country. Auburn? How did they look against Washington? These teams are every bit as good as the 2nd tier Big 10 teams. In fact, MSU reminds me a bit of Michigan. The talent is lopsided to the defensive side.

In any event, enjoy your day. And do enjoy next Saturday locked in a sound proof room, so nobody can hear you cheer for your second rate team. ;)

3 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Like the aunt you mentioned, you too are dripping, in your case with with hate and jealousy but please, don't let me get in the way because it is rather amusing.

Have you EVER seen Notre Dame play? If so, don't you think that they get quite a few nice calls? Are you telling me  that the networks would rather see the World Champion, currently undefeated University of Alabama Crimson Tide than Notre Dame, who has a built in religious fanbase of tens of millions? Wake up if you will. Alabama is a small market team. They just happen to be great.

As for teams like Texas A&M and Mississippi State, they are superior to many teams outside their conference. Coming into the game, MSU had the 2nd ranked defense in the country. Auburn? How did they look against Washington? These teams are every bit as good as the 2nd tier Big 10 teams. In fact, MSU reminds me a bit of Michigan. The talent is lopsided to the defensive side.

In any event, enjoy your day. And do enjoy next Saturday locked in a sound proof room, so nobody can hear you cheer for your second rate team. ;)

Now you hate Religious people?  Geez dude.  How can I be jealous when I have no rooting interest?  My observation is that the playing field is not level. I feel that if it were, Bama would still win.  I'd think you'd want one too.  Are they the only team to benefit?  No.

What % chance is there the same bad call would have been made against Bama?  The answer is zero.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.