ROLL TIDE!!

Canadian Bills Fan

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Again, Texas A&M is a good team. The only time they looked bad was while losing to the Crimson Tide.

Aggies have never done a thing in my 45 years of watching

but I have a sentimental feeling they have to be a good team, that makes them one right???  :D

LSU and Georgia and the SEC title game in quick succession will be challenge enough for Bama

Edited by row_33

58 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Aggies have never done a thing in my 45 years of watching

but I have a sentimental feeling they have to be a good team, that makes them one right???  :D

LSU and Georgia and the SEC title game in quick succession will be challenge enough for Bama

They came within 2 points of beating Clemson. Does that tickle your sentiments?

21 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

They came within 2 points of beating Clemson. Does that tickle your sentiments?

so did Cuse

whoomp dee darn frikkin doo

some teams are sentimental fan favourites, you think they are good but for most of 45 years they haven't been all that....

examples are Texas A&M, BYU (had one year of greatness), Virginia Tech (2-35 against top 6 opponents over the years)

Notre Dame has this automatic appeal but it has produced on the national scene, but 1988 (edit:  i think maybe a few years after that they were up there) was the last great season.... sadly Texas has been a joke for most of the last 25 years...

don't worry about Bama'a cupcake ride so far, even in its crummiest years you couldn't get out of the SEC with a title and/or conference championship without giving blood

and don't worry, Bama is easily a top 4 team, probably the best, but you gotta walk the walk, and they will have 3 tough games coming up to prove it, even if they lose 2 of these games they will get a playoff spot unless it is totally unconscionable

Edited by row_33

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

so did Cuse

whoomp dee darn frikkin doo

some teams are sentimental fan favourites, you think they are good but for most of 45 years they haven't been all that....

examples are Texas A&M, BYU (had one year of greatness), Virginia Tech (2-35 against top 6 opponents over the years)

Notre Dame has this automatic appeal but it has produced on the national scene, but 1988 (edit:  i think maybe a few years after that they were up there) was the last great season.... sadly Texas has been a joke for most of the last 25 years...

don't worry about Bama'a cupcake ride so far, even in its crummiest years you couldn't get out of the SEC with a title and/or conference championship without giving blood

and don't worry, Bama is easily a top 4 team, probably the best, but you gotta walk the walk, and they will have 3 tough games coming up to prove it, even if they lose 2 of these games they will get a playoff spot unless it is totally unconscionable

Your standards are pretty high, no? Both Texas and Notre Dame played for the title in the last 6 or so years.  :)

37 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Your standards are pretty high, no? Both Texas and Notre Dame played for the title in the last 6 or so years.  :)

more of a blip than them consistently living up to the hype fans hold for them

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

more of a blip than them consistently living up to the hype fans hold for them

Ya got me there. That said, I think that by the time the season is over, A&M will be respected as a quality team. Having Jimbo will help quite a bit.

If there is a team to be cited for an easy schedule it is Clemson imo.

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

Bama is easily a top 4 team, probably the best, but you gotta walk the walk, and they will have 3 tough games coming up to prove it, even if they lose 2 of these games they will get a playoff spot unless it is totally unconscionable

I really doubt this. They might not even get in with 1 loss.

On 10/10/2018 at 2:07 PM, Bill from NYC said:

Ya got me there. That said, I think that by the time the season is over, A&M will be respected as a quality team. Having Jimbo will help quite a bit.

If there is a team to be cited for an easy schedule it is Clemson imo.

I really doubt this. They might not even get in with 1 loss.

A&M is a quality team, as is LSU. Neither team has the depth of Alabama, but Jimbo will have A&M contending, and will soon be the biggest challenger to Bama in the SEC West. LSU obviously is this year, because they have Bama at home, and upset UGA.  

There are eight unbeaten teams left, and we know three will for sure disappear as UCF, USF and Cincinnati all have to play each other, as does Clemson and NC State. College Football will likely once again have an unbeaten team from the American Athletic Conference on the outside looking in at the playoff. Should Bama, or any other unbeaten slip, that will clear a path for the UCF/USF/Cincinnati survivor. There will be four unbeatens in this year's playoff, IMO. A 1-loss Bama would be out. If Tua is out in three weeks, Bama is very vulnerable vs LSU. Supposedly, he's OK though.

Still, Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, Notre Dame in the playoff.

4 hours ago, buffaloaggie said:

A&M is a quality team, as is LSU. Neither team has the depth of Alabama, but Jimbo will have A&M contending, and will soon be the biggest challenger to Bama in the SEC West. LSU obviously is this year, because they have Bama at home, and upset UGA.  

There are eight unbeaten teams left, and we know three will for sure disappear as UCF, USF and Cincinnati all have to play each other, as does Clemson and NC State. College Football will likely once again have an unbeaten team from the American Athletic Conference on the outside looking in at the playoff. Should Bama, or any other unbeaten slip, that will clear a path for the UCF/USF/Cincinnati survivor. There will be four unbeatens in this year's playoff, IMO. A 1-loss Bama would be out. If Tua is out in three weeks, Bama is very vulnerable vs LSU. Supposedly, he's OK though.

Still, Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, Notre Dame in the playoff.

Lol if you think a one loss Bama would be out I have a bridge to sell you ....in Brooklyn.  

Honestly though in most scenarios a one loss Bama would actually deserve to get in this year.

On 10/14/2018 at 10:14 AM, 4merper4mer said:

Lol if you think a one loss Bama would be out I have a bridge to sell you ....in Brooklyn.  

Honestly though in most scenarios a one loss Bama would actually deserve to get in this year.

I agree Bama is the best team, but if they did slip up, and if UCF once again goes unbeaten, they will have beaten two top 25 teams, the same as a 1-loss Bama, if, and it's a big if, LSU would upset Bama, it'd be tough to leave out a team that will have not lost in two years. Again, it's an unlikely scenario, but it's an interesting "what if". Also assuming Clemson, Notre Dame and Ohio State all go unbeaten.

4 hours ago, buffaloaggie said:

I agree Bama is the best team, but if they did slip up, and if UCF once again goes unbeaten, they will have beaten two top 25 teams, the same as a 1-loss Bama, if, and it's a big if, LSU would upset Bama, it'd be tough to leave out a team that will have not lost in two years. Again, it's an unlikely scenario, but it's an interesting "what if". Also assuming Clemson, Notre Dame and Ohio State all go unbeaten.

Lol you assume it is fair.

That scenario won't happen but even if it did.....Bama is in.

11 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lol you assume it is fair.

That scenario won't happen but even if it did.....Bama is in.

There is no possible way that UCF should get into the playoffs. If they were in the SEC they would finish somewhere around .500, perhaps below that.

At least half in the SEC Teams are clearly superior to UCF. And before you bring up bowl games, they no longer matter and are little more than exhibition games.

I am NOT in any way saying that Alabama will make the playoffs. Anything can happen but if in fact they get there and they were to play UCF, I would be the happiest guy in town. Alabama's 3rd team would destroy them.

Edited by Bill from NYC

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

There is no possible way that UCF should get into the playoffs. If they were in the SEC they would finish somewhere around .500, perhaps below that.

At least half in the SEC Teams are clearly superior to UCF. And before you bring up bowl games, they no longer matter and are little more than exhibition games.

I am NOT in any way saying that Alabama will make the playoffs. Anything can happen but if in fact they get there and they were to play UCF, I would be the happiest guy in town. Alabama's 3rd team would destroy them.

If any team were to go 2 straight undefeated years including wins in the top 25 and make the playoff in neither, isn't calling them part of FBS a lie and a sham?

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

If any team were to go 2 straight undefeated years including wins in the top 25 and make the playoff in neither, isn't calling them part of FBS a lie and a sham?

it would suck but that's how she burns

thank goodness for this...

(when Colin Kapp was a hero...)

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I see your point. I simply don't think that UCF is in a class with the top teams. Of course, this doesn't make me right.

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

I see your point. I simply don't think that UCF is in a class with the top teams. Of course, this doesn't make me right.

back in the 80s the journalists got really cynical...

they handed the NCAA title to a nothing BYU, who bravely came back to beat a barely bowl-eligible Michigan to seal it off

and when Bo Jackson got hurt they trumpeted a Division 3 player on the cover of SI for the Heisman

so it's possible we get back to that level of cynicism or a season where many top teams lose 2 or more and you give a perfect nobody a change?

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

back in the 80s the journalists got really cynical...

they handed the NCAA title to a nothing BYU, who bravely came back to beat a barely bowl-eligible Michigan to seal it off

and when Bo Jackson got hurt they trumpeted a Division 3 player on the cover of SI for the Heisman

so it's possible we get back to that level of cynicism or a season where many top teams lose 2 or more and you give a perfect nobody a change?

This too makes sense.

I saw some of the UCF game on Saturday. Do you remember when you and I were talking about Texas A&M? I think that A&M is WAY better than UCF but once again, that doesn't make me right.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.