ROLL TIDE!!

Canadian Bills Fan

Just now, Bill from NYC said:

Mississippi has a very dangerous offense. They are said to have problems on defense but imo we need our defense to step up. I would like to see more pass rush.

Check out #9 on defense!

I am hoping for 300 yards on the ground from our collection of RBs. :)

I would love that!

16 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

could be the first tackle off the board. I'm torn between him and Bosa

He has everything except perhaps the size. That might matter less these days; I'm not too sure. I would be interested in his bench press numbers at the combine.

Edited by Bill from NYC

7 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

He has everything except perhaps the size. That might matter less these days; I'm not too sure. I would be interested in his bench press numbers at the combine.

I'd rather see him his squat that is were the real power is.

Size at tackle isn't as important as it used to be with all these small DEs running around. I want bigger Guards though.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Size at tackle isn't as important as it used to be with all these small DEs running around. I want bigger Guards though.

BB.....you might want to watch Ross Pierschbacher too. He played Guard last year and now Saban has him at Center. He can really play and centers tend to not go so early.

If it were up to me, the Bills would have a slew of early draft picks for the next 2 seasons. It really looks like we will pick in the top 5 and I'm being kind. They could turn that into a plethora of blockers and pass rushers.

Will they? You tell me. :huh:

9 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

BB.....you might want to watch Ross Pierschbacher too. He played Guard last year and now Saban has him at Center. He can really play and centers tend to not go so early.

If it were up to me, the Bills would have a slew of early draft picks for the next 2 seasons. It really looks like we will pick in the top 5 and I'm being kind. They could turn that into a plethora of blockers and pass rushers.

Will they? You tell me. :huh:

They better or it's already over.

I think they will draft 2 Olinemen even though we need 4..

With McD being a defensive guy he will more than likely get some pass rushers in here. If we don't get Bosa there are plenty of other rushers (and DTs) to fill the void , which is why we should have went offense last year and defense this next offseason.

I've said this in other places but we made a mistake in not trading Tyrod and McCoy last year and starting Peterman. This way we wouldn't have to trade away all those picks to get Allen and we would have more picks as well. When getting a franchise QB he should be surrounded by talent so he doesn't struggle , now Allen has to survive this unit and somehow get better in the process.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

The thing is, as a Bills fan I have seen what bad bench numbers can bring. Remember Demetrious Bell (sic)? People used to tell me how fast he was and how he had good feet and it was true, however; he had 9 reps on the bench at the combines and was also tiny by LT standards. Blitzing safeties would take him out on some plays.

When you think about it, we have seen almost every specific type of inept blocker on our team. :(

6 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

The thing is, as a Bills fan I have seen what bad bench numbers can bring. Remember Demetrious Bell (sic)? People used to tell me how fast he was and how he had good feet and it was true, however; he had 9 reps on the bench at the combines and was also tiny by LT standards. Blitzing safeties would take him out on some plays.

When you think about it, we have seen almost every specific type of inept blocker on our team. :(

Bench is important for sure. But being fast doesn't mean your strong. Lineman need to be able push an anchor and that comes from hip strength and squats are the key to taht.

Yep, we had them all , I just wish we would keep the good ones.

letting go of Wolford during the Super Bowl years is what led to the downfall of that team. Then Jason Peters and now Glenn, Incognito and Wood, which is the problem now as they were not properly replaced.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Another great game!

Yes it was. Tua finally faced a stiffer challenge, and came away still looking good.

And he still has yet to play in the 4th quarter. He came so close this week, but not yet.

Going into the aTm game, Tua was throwing a TD pass for very 7.5 passes.

After this game, it's now 1 for 6.7 (80 pass attempts, 12 TDs).

1 hour ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Can someone explain to me this 4 game redshirt rule as it applies towards Hurts?

Players are allowed to appear in up to 4 regular season games and still be able to Redshirt

so if Hurts only appears in the first 3-4 games he can still be redshirted 

Edited by Buffalo716

About 40% of the freshman class had a 30 or greater ACT test score. That means that 40% of the students in the freshman class are among the top 5% of test takers. They also enrolled 187 National Merit scholars. That will be UA among the highest in the nation.

https://www.ua.edu/news/2018/09/high-achieving-freshman-class-graduate-school-growth-highlight-ua-enrollment/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.