ROLL TIDE!!

Canadian Bills Fan

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Did you see that freshman Waddle? I was watching him when he was lined up to return a punt. He jumped up to stretch from a standstill and it looked like his knees were over his head. Seriously. An announcer said he is the fastest player on the team and it looks as if he has moves and hands.

The Tide has 4 wideouts that I know of that are off the charts great and I'm not exaggerating. There might even be more; who knows at this point?

Btw, I wouldn't be even a little surprised if Jerry Jeudy turns out to be better than Calvin Ridley.

Both Ruggs and Jaylen Waddle can flat out fly.

I just can't get over Tua Toga, its almost like he plays in a higher gear, and the way the lefty drops his tight spirals in so perfectly.

If Allen doesn't pan out (pretty sure he will) we need to keep an eye on this up and coming superstar.

Dare we say Heisman? 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Figster said:

Both Ruggs and Jaylen Waddle can flat out fly.

I just can't get over Tua Toga, its almost like he plays in a higher gear, and the way the lefty drops his tight spirals in so perfectly.

If Allen doesn't pan out (pretty sure he will) we need to keep an eye on this up and coming superstar.

Dare we say Heisman? 

It wouldn't surprise me. Once again, the tools he has to work with are insane and should even improve.

One of the announcers said that Davonta Smith (of the OT TD catch in the title game) only caught 8 passes last season and had that many catches last night. When teams go all in on pass defense Saban will run it down their throats. The defense does still have question marks imo.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

It wouldn't surprise me. Once again, the tools he has to work with are insane and should even improve.

One of the announcers said that Davonta Smith (of the OT TD catch in the title game) only caught 8 passes last season and had that many catches last night. When teams go all in on pass defense Saban will run it down their throats. The defense does still have question marks imo.

Never gets old watching Saban on the sidelines coaching his players up old school, especially when they screw up. Tide could be ahead 40 to zero in the 4th and he still going to get every drop of coaching into his players he can. Using everything he can to inspire greatness out of his players including basketball greats.

what a coach...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Figster said:

Never gets old watching Saban on the sidelines coaching his players up old school, especially when they screw up. Tide could be ahead 40 to zero in the 4th and he still going to get every drop of coaching into his players he can. Using everything he can to inspire greatness out of his players including basketball greats.

what a coach...

Not a fan of running up the score on a thoroughly defeated cupcake

31 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Not a fan of running up the score on a thoroughly defeated cupcake

Saban put 2nd and 3rd stringers in last night

they just keep rollin...

27 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Tua has been my #1 favorite QB prospect since his SR season in HS ...

last years spring game, when he was still in HS, he lit up Bamas defense and I knew he was special 

i said he should’ve been starting since day 1... he’s gonna be a top pick... his arm is live

Nice job spotting talent 716

4 minutes ago, Figster said:

Saban put 2nd and 3rd stringers in last night

they just keep rollin...

Nice job spotting talent 716

There is just something different about him... you got a stacked Bama Defense...

and this tiny 5’11 kid trots out with the #2s against the #1 Bama Defense in the country and just shredded them. He threw 1 pick but I think he had 3-4 TDs that were absolutely unreal and he was still a HS SR technically 

He was lasering balls down the seam and down the far sideline and I was just laughing in awe... I was like damn, Saban finally got a legitimate QB.. like NFL star potential 

whoever gets Tua will be super happy...

QB crush #2 Trevor Lawrence... I’ve never seen a QB of his age play so mature and have an arm like him in HS. I would’ve spent a first on him this last draft if he were eligible. He’s gonna be a superstar

• Like (+1) 1

When a team knows it will win easily by 40, why not let your QB take some snaps to drop back and throw the ball?

give him a chance to help him develop crucial skills and a better chance to play the pro game instead of heading to the garbage heap as a college QB who was on 2 playoffs teams

20 hours ago, row_33 said:

When a team knows it will win easily by 40, why not let your QB take some snaps to drop back and throw the ball?

give him a chance to help him develop crucial skills and a better chance to play the pro game instead of heading to the garbage heap as a college QB who was on 2 playoffs teams

Why not?

Muscle and brain repitition is one answer. 

22 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

He’s unbelievable.

Jalen is graduating in December. I don’t think he lasts the season. He likely wants to preserve his 2 yrs of eligibility. 

I have to agree. In the second half, Saban threw Jones out there instead of Hurts to finish the game out.

Even for Saban, that was kind of an odd move.

Hurts will play the 4 games he's allowed, and that will be it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.