ROLL TIDE!!

Canadian Bills Fan

20 hours ago, Cynical said:

Saban does not opt for Citadel.  He does not want to play teams like the Citadel. But Saban is not the AD.

I realize people think Saban has full control of the program, but this an area he does not have any control over.

As I said before, from the time Saban became the HC, he has been vocal about wanting more games against the bigger traditional powers.

But if the AD, and more importantly,  the big money boosters/alumni, do not want it, it's not going to happen.

Nobody "told" UCF they were FBS (BCS?).

They are FBS because they chose to move up, and they met the NCAA requirements.

Nobody outside the school forced them to move up to FBS.

There are 128 schools playing at the FBS level. Quite frankly, at least 50% have no business being there.

i've read a big number in that 128 would love to drop out because it's killing their financial and academic and safety picture.

1 hour ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Thanks for posting.

What a beautiful campus

It really is. The grounds are impeccably maintained. It’s a wonderful environment.

They announced a $600M plan to renovate athletic facilities so campus will be even better.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/16/2018 at 3:56 PM, row_33 said:

i've read a big number in that 128 would love to drop out because it's killing their financial and academic and safety picture.

Would not doubt it. But lure of playing in the big boy sand box is more than they can handle.

The financial perks and PR is too big of a draw, even though they keep losing money.

6 hours ago, Cynical said:

Would not doubt it. But lure of playing in the big boy sand box is more than they can handle.

The financial perks and PR is too big of a draw, even though they keep losing money.

Its a financial bloodbath for those teams, they are trapped and can’t get out. 

Chicsgo was the last school to quit voluntarily...  in the 1930s???

Edited by row_33

On 8/15/2018 at 2:43 PM, Cynical said:

Boise State might not want to unless Bama is willing to cough up a minimum of $1M. That was Boise States demands a few years ago.

UCF. Cannot say for sure, as they are busy playing teams like Florida Atlantic, South Carolina State, Austin Peay, and Florida International.

To satisfy my curiosity, what does Bama typically pay the cupcakes that they schedule?

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:33 AM, Sky Diver said:

Great new drone video of campus.

I read a recent article that said Alex Leatherwood is on the top of the depth chart at Right Guard. remember how great he looked against UGA when he played the second half at LT? He is a road grader and what he can do at Guard is just plain scary! :) 

RTR!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/25/2017 at 2:26 PM, WRONG JOSH said:

Yuck, Alabama is the Patriots of college football. How can you root for them? Gross

Saban doesn't cheat.....nuff said

On 9/25/2017 at 7:23 PM, Bill from NYC said:

Belichick and Saban are friends. They coached together on the Browns, and they both happen to be Croatian.

Coach Saban would respond to Marcel in a second if he reached out. He did quite a bit to help Upshaw, and I'm sure many others.

I once heard Marcel on a video after he was on the Bills. He said that Coach Saban controlled "every minute of your life" and would have to lighten up if he returned to the pros. When he was at Bama, I heard no stories of him challenging Coach Saban or acting out. I don't sense that he is a bad kid. I just hope he isn't content to have all that money in his pocket but I am not all that confident.

Yea Nick.....lighten up and let us smoke pot......

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/25/2017 at 7:23 PM, Bill from NYC said:

Belichick and Saban are friends. They coached together on the Browns, and they both happen to be Croatian.

Not sure how much the Coatian thing matters, but I can understand the bond formed during their time together in Cleveland.

Surviving a stint in Cleveland is the NFL's version of San Quenton or Fallujah

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Not sure how much the Coatian thing matters, but I can understand the bond formed during their time together in Cleveland.

Surviving a stint in Cleveland is the NFL's version of San Quenton or Fallujah

The only time the Browns mattered in my 43 years of watching they named them the Kardiac Kids

Edited by row_33

9 hours ago, Figster said:

Tua is definitely not your typical bama QB, what an amazing athlete, wow

I'm not sure how anyone can beat the Crimson Tide now. 

Did you see that freshman Waddle? I was watching him when he was lined up to return a punt. He jumped up to stretch from a standstill and it looked like his knees were over his head. Seriously. An announcer said he is the fastest player on the team and it looks as if he has moves and hands.

The Tide has 4 wideouts that I know of that are off the charts great and I'm not exaggerating. There might even be more; who knows at this point?

Btw, I wouldn't be even a little surprised if Jerry Jeudy turns out to be better than Calvin Ridley.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.