ROLL TIDE!!

Canadian Bills Fan

23 hours ago, Bfanlc said:

My son and I are at the football camp this week. Saban yelled at his coaches lol If you've never met him he is an extremely motivated, one main goal, very detailed person. 

What position does he play?

Is he working his azz off?

He loves defense, has played def line, off line. He was in the camp as a tightend. He is tall for his age, has speed but not elite wide recvr speed. They definitely keep the kids (and parents moving). He was open most of the times they played 7 on 7. All in all he did good and learned a lot. He had fun and as we were leaving Tutwiler said he couldn't wait to go to college lol 

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:48 PM, Cynical said:

What position does he play?

Is he working his azz off?

Can you even imagine this team with a good place kicker?

Hey, do you think they will move Williams and play Leatherwood at LT? He was shoving Ga. players around with ease as a freshman.  My hunch is that this offense will be virtually unstoppable.

On 6/13/2018 at 5:09 PM, Bfanlc said:

He loves defense, has played def line, off line. He was in the camp as a tightend. He is tall for his age, has speed but not elite wide recvr speed. They definitely keep the kids (and parents moving). He was open most of the times they played 7 on 7. All in all he did good and learned a lot. He had fun and as we were leaving Tutwiler said he couldn't wait to go to college lol 

At The University of Alabama, I hope.

On 6/13/2018 at 10:15 PM, Bill from NYC said:

Can you even imagine this team with a good place kicker?

Hey, do you think they will move Williams and play Leatherwood at LT? He was shoving Ga. players around with ease as a freshman.  My hunch is that this offense will be virtually unstoppable.

The offense is going to be fun to watch this year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2018 at 11:28 AM, Bfanlc said:

This is an amazing run guys. Don't think we'll realize just how special until years down the road. Now if I could only get a job working for Bama life would be perfect.

Some of us don't have to wait to realize. I know now just how special this is.

Saban will go down as one of the best, if not the best, college football coach. Ever.

Saban is in a class all his own when compared to other coaches. And that's kind of a problem.

Saban warps peoples perception what a "great" head coach is.

Les Miles at LSU went 114-34 (62-28 conference), 2 NC appearances with 1 win (probably would have won the second one if it wasn't for the aberration in Tuscaloosa), and was fired.

That's insane when you consider there was no scandal or NCAA investigation attached to that firing.

How many programs out there would have given their left nut for that kind of record?

Hell, I would have been thrilled with that kind of record post Shula.

But Miles was fired, partly because he struggled to get past that "freak" in Tuscaloosa.

Enjoy the ride now, while it's still going. Because I pity the poor bastard who comes after Saban, just like I pitied the bastard that came after Bear Bryant.

1 hour ago, Cynical said:

Some of us don't have to wait to realize. I know now just how special this is.

Saban will go down as one of the best, if not the best, college football coach. Ever.

Saban is in a class all his own when compared to other coaches. And that's kind of a problem.

Saban warps peoples perception what a "great" head coach is.

Les Miles at LSU went 114-34 (62-28 conference), 2 NC appearances with 1 win (probably would have won the second one if it wasn't for the aberration in Tuscaloosa), and was fired.

That's insane when you consider there was no scandal or NCAA investigation attached to that firing.

How many programs out there would have given their left nut for that kind of record?

Hell, I would have been thrilled with that kind of record post Shula.

But Miles was fired, partly because he struggled to get past that "freak" in Tuscaloosa.

Enjoy the ride now, while it's still going. Because I pity the poor bastard who comes after Saban, just like I pitied the bastard that came after Bear Bryant.

Hopefully Dabo is the coach post-Saban. He's a UA grad so maybe they can lure him away.

On 7/2/2018 at 3:21 PM, Sky Diver said:

Hopefully Dabo is the coach post-Saban. He's a UA grad so maybe they can lure him away.

He does have the Dubose stink attached to him. Not sure how well that will go over with some of the older fan base and alumni.

On the flip side, he did stop Clemson from being Clemson, and won a NC title.

2 hours ago, Bfanlc said:

I actually prefer Kirby. He is more like Saban than Dabo. Dabo is too rahrah for me.

Seriously doubt Kirby will leave UGA voluntarily. He is a UGA grad.

However, if Kirby was able to build UGA into a consistent power, and then leave for the Bama job ...

I can only imagine the howling and moaning I will hear from the UGA base.

14 hours ago, Cynical said:

On the flip side, he did stop Clemson from being Clemson, and won a NC title

Think that may have been more of Deshaun Watson than Dabo. If the acc was a stronger conference , Clemson would have lost more games last year. They were pretty pitiful against Bama.

On 7/4/2018 at 3:11 PM, Canadian Bills Fan said:

It was awesome seeing them in the March Madness tournament albeit for a short time 

Losing Collin Sexton hurts, but maybe they will be better without him. They relied on him too much.

Donta Hall was a stud. Looking forward to seeing what he does this year. Riley Norris will be back so he should be a stabilizing influence and the young guys have a year under their belt.

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:56 PM, Sky Diver said:

>>>>>Since 2008, 48.3% of the five stars who played for Alabama have been drafted in the first round. The rest of college football is 17%. The difference alone is staggering. This statistic shows the player development program that Alabama runs compared to the rest of the nation.

Since Saban arrived, 77 Alabama players have been drafted. LSU is second with 72, followed by USC with 66. Saban has produced 26 first round draft picks which is 15 better than LSU and ten more than Ohio State.  Twelve players drafted this past April set an Alabama and SEC record.

The iconic Saban even has produced 30, consensus All Americans during his eleven years at the Capstone.  Oklahoma has 14 and Florida State is third with 12.  Every school on the list below has had their head coach replaced except Mike Gundy at Oklahoma State during Saban’s eleven years.<<<<<

Those are some absolutely amazing stats. Seriously, it would seem to be impossible to accomplish these things, especially while changing coordinators almost every season.

3 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

>>>>>Since 2008, 48.3% of the five stars who played for Alabama have been drafted in the first round. The rest of college football is 17%. The difference alone is staggering. This statistic shows the player development program that Alabama runs compared to the rest of the nation.

Since Saban arrived, 77 Alabama players have been drafted. LSU is second with 72, followed by USC with 66. Saban has produced 26 first round draft picks which is 15 better than LSU and ten more than Ohio State.  Twelve players drafted this past April set an Alabama and SEC record.

The iconic Saban even has produced 30, consensus All Americans during his eleven years at the Capstone.  Oklahoma has 14 and Florida State is third with 12.  Every school on the list below has had their head coach replaced except Mike Gundy at Oklahoma State during Saban’s eleven years.<<<<<

Those are some absolutely amazing stats. Seriously, it would seem to be impossible to accomplish these things, especially while changing coordinators almost every season.

Those are amazing numbers. Roll Tide!

The recent flooding in T-Town looks pretty bad. Hopefully it didn't do too much damage to the campus.

Speaking of the campus, it's beautiful. The grounds are meticulously maintained and the facilities are state of the art, including a new engineering complex.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.