ROLL TIDE!!

Canadian Bills Fan

8 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

No doubt, especially as a pro prospect. Hurts truly might not be the best QB on Alabama. If he was injured (God forbid) on the first play of the game, it might not matter all that much. Have you seen Tua play?

That said, what separates Hurts from a freshman is how cool and calm he is. I have seen every one of his games and he never gets rattled.  The kid doesn't panic and is Derek Jeter cool. Last week he was asked by a reporter what he did in the city of New Orleans before the game. His answer was "Nothing." Trust me BB, it was a business trip for this kid.

I have stated ad nauseam that this Alabama team isn't as good as the previous 2 and they could easily lose this game. Kirby Smart is a great coach but you might want to look at Coach Saban's record against ex-assistants. It's pretty good. ;) 

I wouldn't bet the farm on UGA, but that's just me.

This the season for streak ending B-)

I have to admit at halftime I had little to no hope. Felt like I was watching a Bills game.

I thought this was the worst game I have ever seen Bama play and also Hurts is the worst QB I have ever seen.

Then I thought "Hey its Saban, he will make some halftime adjustment and Bama will be a different team in the 2nd half"

I was right

9 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I have to admit at halftime I had little to no hope. Felt like I was watching a Bills game.

I thought this was the worst game I have ever seen Bama play and also Hurts is the worst QB I have ever seen.

Then I thought "Hey its Saban, he will make some halftime adjustment and Bama will be a different team in the 2nd half"

I was right

1st half was rough. But what I have learned about Saban during his tenure: Never, EVER, under estimate Saban.

He might not always win, but I do not think there is anybody better at finding ways to win.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I was right

ONE. Every great coach has that ability - to make great adjustments at half time. We see that with Belichick. We've seen that at times with McDermott this year. And that's what I ALWAYS look for in coaches - can you make big changes to the gameplan on the FLY. No doubt, Saban's a great coach, if the 5 championships before yesterday didn't prove it, last night did.

TWO. But TUA!!! HOLY FORK!  I'm a neutral fan. just wanted to see a great game. WHAT A GREAT GAME. but that KID Tua just BALLED. never started a game. Bet the game plan wasn't there built for him. Holy Fork, just brought the whole team back.  I mean Georgia was freakin dominant in that first half. 13 points didn't do them justice (and I knew them not finishing their drives was going to bite them in the butt it did).

I think Saban would be a fool to not start this kid Tua next season. Tua might be the best QB Saban's ever had, pros or college. To come in, unprepared, as a freshman, into the BIGGEST STAGE with the eyes of the entire nation on him, with his team desperately behind. The kid showed uncanny poise and great decision making at critical moments. Showed no nerves, taking to the field with AUTHORITY, delivering balls with AUTHORITY, having the presence of mind to escape out of trouble in a few occasions, and shaking OFF a HUGE mistake just before the heroic moment. Coz that game was in his hand. They had NO KICKER. Even an extra point was doubtful. If Bama was going to win, it had to be a TD. And you just lost 16 yards on a stupid sack and into an unmakable field goal range. What does he do? It just rolled off his tough shoulders like nothing, looked off a safety like a veteran all-pro and threw the perfect ball downfield like he was Kelly. Or Steve Young as Lane Kiffin would say.

I've seen a lot of great Quarterback performances. live or replay. Never seen one so unexpected so great with so much on the line. College or pros.

There's great ability. There's great talent. Tua's is beyond that. This kid has A GIFT. HE is THE GIFT. just call him that from now on.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, CanadianFan said:

He better be. Lane said Tua was leaving if he didn't get the job: 

Eh, I am always skeptical of what Kiffin says. He will say and do things just to cause controversy and chaos.

That said, I do not think he was totally wrong. Saban had 2 QB's transfer on him after Hurts won the starting gig last year, so it was a real possibility.

I do think Tua would have transferred if he thought he had no chance for an open QB challenge in the spring.

Tua is 100% the starter next year .

he is a very good athlete and a much better passer than Hurts.

At Alabamas spring game last year I saw an 18 year old HIGH SCHOOL Tua put on a show

i said right there that if Bama wanted to win another National Championship they have to turn to the freshmen Tua

I loved him as a recruit and him giving all the Glory to Jesus Christ after sealed it for me 

hes my favorite college QB

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Tua is 100% the starter next year .

he is a very good athlete and a much better passer than Hurts.

At Alabamas spring game last year I saw an 18 year old HIGH SCHOOL Tua put on a show

i said right there that if Bama wanted to win another National Championship they have to turn to the freshmen Tua

I loved him as a recruit and him giving all the Glory to Jesus Christ after sealed it for me 

hes my favorite college QB

How are the QB reviews coming?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.