ROLL TIDE!!

Canadian Bills Fan

Everybody anoints saban a lessor god but fail to remember he couldn't find his butt with both hands as HC of the phish. Bama is home and wouldn't miss a Tide game but no fan of saban. He's a recruiting genius and knows how to pick coordinators, but if he's smart he'll stay in Tuscaloosa cause he would simply fail again on the big stage.

Everybody anoints saban a lessor god but fail to remember he couldn't find his butt with both hands as HC of the phish. Bama is home and wouldn't miss a Tide game but no fan of saban. He's a recruiting genius and knows how to pick coordinators, but if he's smart he'll stay in Tuscaloosa cause he would simply fail again on the big stage.

I'm not sure how many jobs in football are bigger than Alabama? Maybe the Cowboys? Patriots? The NY teams? Steelers maybe? There aren't many jobs ahead of Alabama.

Surprised to see that take from a tide fan. My sense about Saban has always been that he personally makes sure every single person in the program knows exactly what to do, and he makes his instructions as clear as possible so it's easy for each individual to do his job. Proof is in the pudding - what more could a fan want?

Alabama is a house divided. It's either Bama or auburn. Friday night HS, Bama on Saturday and church on Sunday (except during the NFL season). Saban showed his true colors in the way he departed Miami. To top it off as a 40 year Bills fan, Saban's time with the phish tainted him forever for me. Love my Bills and hated wrex, jauron,moron,mularkey. Same with saban and the Tide. I know it's irrational, he's been great for Alabama, maybe because he has the personality of a door knob, but for what ever reason that's the way it is. He's a winner and I can appreciate what he does as a coach and recruiter but wouldn't want to be stuck on a desert island with the guy. Saban will go down with Bryant as an all time great and Alabama is lucky to have him.

As far as the patsie*** thing goes, I don't think you can view college ball the same way as the pro game. Jalen Hurts will be gone from Alabama next year and someone will take his place. With any luck there will be no drop off. Brady on the other hand, will go all the way from cocaine to rogaine in his time with the putridiots. Like the Bills, Bama is about the institution, not the won/lost record or the star power of the roster. The Bills, the Cubs, the Packers, the Brooklyn Dodgers, Bama, Notre Dame and many others transcend statistics and championships and are institutions because for a myriad of reasons they resonate with their core fans. There's no such thing as finding a new team to root for.

Surprised to see that take from a tide fan. My sense about Saban has always been that he personally makes sure every single person in the program knows exactly what to do, and he makes his instructions as clear as possible so it's easy for each individual to do his job. Proof is in the pudding - what more could a fan want?

You've got to get better at spotting haters. Even closet haters. ;)

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dislike 1

You've got to get better at spotting haters. Even closet haters. ;)

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You might want to go back and read what I wrote one more time. Didn't say I hate the guy, just that I was no fan and then explained why. Nothing I said was inaccurate. I give the man credit for what he does well but if you really are from down state I suspect you don't see as much of him as we do down here. The term delusions of grandeur comes to mind.

But you are right about one thing... ROLL TIDE

You might want to go back and read what I wrote one more time. Didn't say I hate the guy, just that I was no fan and then explained why. Nothing I said was inaccurate. I give the man credit for what he does well but if you really are from down state I suspect you don't see as much of him as we do down here. The term delusions of grandeur comes to mind.

But you are right about one thing... ROLL TIDE

My father was born in Alabama and I have been a fan for 50 years. I was around, albeit just a kid, for The Bear, Namath and The Snake. I have watched virtually every play of every game for many years. Now I can tape them and watch them multiple times.

Coach Saban didn't only transform the football team. The University is now ranked high academically and admission is highly sought by students from all over the country. He is the greatest coach in the history of college football and it isn't close. As far as the pros, he wanted Brees and was given (and promptly cut) Dante Culpepper. With Brees he would have won a super bowl, maybe a few.

You and others can find reasons galore to hate Coach Saban. I'm used to it. Hate and jealousy are ugly and being an Auburn Fan is nothing to be ashamed of. Me? I'll just continue to support the Bills and the Tide. Quite the contrast but it's all good and I truly do wish you well.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yuck, Alabama is the Patriots of college football. How can you root for them? Gross

I'm not an Alabama fan. I don't support a college team at all. I just appreciate them the same way I do the Patriots (I know you all hate me now).

There's something to be said for ruthless efficiency. They're both so organised, nothing is left to chance. I wouldn't want to be friends with Bill Belichick or Nick Saban because I doubt either of them would be to my tastes but I'd love to be coached or mentored by either one.

My father was born in Alabama and I have been a fan for 50 years. I was around, albeit just a kid, for The Bear, Namath and The Snake. I have watched virtually every play of every game for many years. Now I can tape them and watch them multiple times.

Coach Saban didn't only transform the football team. The University is now ranked high academically and admission is highly sought by students from all over the country. He is the greatest coach in the history of college football and it isn't close. As far as the pros, he wanted Brees and was given (and promptly cut) Dante Culpepper. With Brees he would have won a super bowl, maybe a few.

You and others can find reasons galore to hate Coach Saban. I'm used to it. Hate and jealousy are ugly and being an Auburn Fan is nothing to be ashamed of. Me? I'll just continue to support the Bills and the Tide. Quite the contrast but it's all good and I truly do wish you well.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about getting Saban to do some mentoring on Dareus? I'm sure he was a father figure for Marcel at Bama but Marcel on his own is not known for his maturity and work ethic. Dareus has been subjected to a lot of personal tragedies and trauma in his life. However, his less than resolute attitude and irresponsibility that he currently exhibits are not attitudes that his stern college coach would have tolerated while under his guidance.

I'm not an Alabama fan. I don't support a college team at all. I just appreciate them the same way I do the Patriots (I know you all hate me now).

There's something to be said for ruthless efficiency. They're both so organised, nothing is left to chance. I wouldn't want to be friends with Bill Belichick or Nick Saban because I doubt either of them would be to my tastes but I'd love to be coached or mentored by either one.

Belichick and Saban are friends. They coached together on the Browns, and they both happen to be Croatian.

How about getting Saban to do some mentoring on Dareus? I'm sure he was a father figure for Marcel at Bama but Marcel on his own is not known for his maturity and work ethic. Dareus has been subjected to a lot of personal tragedies and trauma in his life. However, his less than resolute attitude and irresponsibility that he currently exhibits are not attitudes that his stern college coach would have tolerated while under his guidance.

Coach Saban would respond to Marcel in a second if he reached out. He did quite a bit to help Upshaw, and I'm sure many others.

I once heard Marcel on a video after he was on the Bills. He said that Coach Saban controlled "every minute of your life" and would have to lighten up if he returned to the pros. When he was at Bama, I heard no stories of him challenging Coach Saban or acting out. I don't sense that he is a bad kid. I just hope he isn't content to have all that money in his pocket but I am not all that confident.

Maybe they're instead cleaning up. :lol:

I think that they were actually better last year and were injured on defense down the stretch. The thing is, Saban coached teams really don't get worse. This team needs more pass rush but it looks like some of the LBs are coming back, and they seem to be sending in defensive backs on blitzes.

Saban has been able to give some freshmen playing time already and they look very deep but we shall see.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.