"The Process" gets nice shout out from national media

YoloinOhio

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't expect them to beat Atlanta but I do expect them to be competitive. They aren't perfect but so far they bring it every week.

100% agreed. I think we give them a run but in the end they prove too strong. If Julio is out, that does change things tho...

I like this team a lot and like the team they are building. I have no problem with Beane so far outside of any fan would have made a few different moves, for better or worse. For instance I surely would have kept Jonathan Williams for the #2 RB carries over Tonka Toy Tolbert. But again everyone would have little quibbles like that. I very much like how McD has coached three games, the first three games he has ever been a HC. And again there are personal minor quibbles like everyone of you would have but I think he has done a very good job overall.

The problem is this is a half tank. We are better than people predicted but that means we win 8-9 games. We get the middle 15 draft pick again. We have no chance at the two big guys, Darnold and Rosen, unless something crazy happens. Tyrod, having Watkins (and because of Watkins Boldin) taken away from him, IMO, is going to make matters worse. I think he's better than a lot of people give him credit for, as evidenced today, and he is going to play well without WR but not well enough to build a franchise around.

So we are going to win games like this and be a 8-8 or 9-7 team and not get a high pick, but more like 15, and KC is going to give us pick 25, and there will be five teams above us who need a QB and we will have to bet our next 3-4-5 years on the third or fourth rated QB when all of them are 50-50 hit or miss.

I just don't understand the half tank.

I think this is where the disconnect lies. They aren't going into this with a mindset of a tank. They are squarely looking at a dual mission. Which is how do I build this team the way we envision by making them as competitive as possible now with an eye on the future?

Not, well let's make them kind of ok now and who knows? Maybe we make the playoffs or maybe we get a top 5 pick.

It's beginning to look more and more like this team will be somewhere in the 6-10 To 10-6 range. Which would put us in that draft purgatory range. Going into the season I figured we would be in the 4-12 To 8-8 area.

Maybe we don't get Darnold or Rosen, but there are some very intriguing QB prospects aside from those guys and no matter how you slice it, 2 firsts/seconds and third round selections gives this team plenty of opportunities to improve this team from a talent perspective. Not to mention all the cap room we will have.

I think there is reason for optimism for this teams future

I'm feeling good about tre white and poyer and Hyde. Warming to zay and Dawkins. If we're going to be successful we will need to draft well and be coached well. It feels good knowing that after we win all our super bowls we can find talent like white at the end of the first round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like this team a lot and like the team they are building. I have no problem with Beane so far outside of any fan would have made a few different moves, for better or worse. For instance I surely would have kept Jonathan Williams for the #2 RB carries over Tonka Toy Tolbert. But again everyone would have little quibbles like that. I very much like how McD has coached three games, the first three games he has ever been a HC. And again there are personal minor quibbles like everyone of you would have but I think he has done a very good job overall.

The problem is this is a half tank. We are better than people predicted but that means we win 8-9 games. We get the middle 15 draft pick again. We have no chance at the two big guys, Darnold and Rosen, unless something crazy happens. Tyrod, having Watkins (and because of Watkins Boldin) taken away from him, IMO, is going to make matters worse. I think he's better than a lot of people give him credit for, as evidenced today, and he is going to play well without WR but not well enough to build a franchise around.

So we are going to win games like this and be a 8-8 or 9-7 team and not get a high pick, but more like 15, and KC is going to give us pick 25, and there will be five teams above us who need a QB and we will have to bet our next 3-4-5 years on the third or fourth rated QB when all of them are 50-50 hit or miss.

Well first of all it's not a tank. It's retooling the roster on the fly and installing the McDermott process.