What a Day for Stephen Hauschka; Again Named AFC ST POTW

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed! Crazy to say, but if the bills had carpenter instead of hauschka, they probably don't win this game today. Just shows how valuable a kicker can be

Yup. I was saying all off season we need to draft the best kicker in college, whoever that is.; We would have won 10 games last year with a decent kicking game. Miami and Seattle both would have been wins. Its a huge part of the game, we need a franchise kicker. the Hauschka rules

Carpenter's extra point problems made him expendable. Hauschka seems to be a good signing. Obviously something needed to be done at that position. Kudos to Hauschka for being a major part of a big win yesterday. Kickers do go through ups and downs though. The time will likely come where he costs us a game or two as well. That's just the life of a kicker.

donno about that yet. He missed an easy one week 1 IIRC.

Any and every kick from a placekicker is always a moment for fans to hold their breath. Kicking is a lot like golf, things are going to go wrong at some point for everyone.

It sure is nice not worrying about Xp's

Agreed. That was the biggest issue with Carp. You can't win close games missing that many XP's.

This is what I expect every week. He's s beast !! Top kicker in NFL!! We paid for the best and we got it!!!!!

------------------------

Easy there bud, the best? He missed one in week 1 and got lucky on one last week when it hit the upright and fell through. I do like his leg and he's a major upgrade from Carp.

Right now Prater from Detroit is really killing it from 50+.

Well we certainly hope. I believe one reason Seattle let him walk is because of his xp troubles.

Exactly. I wonder how this thread got this far without noting the reason he was available in FA. IIRC, he missed 7 PAT's last season, though a number of them were blocked or botched by others. Otherwise, he contributed greatly to successive SB's.

I'm glad we signed him!

Agreed! Crazy to say, but if the bills had carpenter instead of hauschka, they probably don't win this game today. Just shows how valuable a kicker can be

If we had Hauschka instead of Carpenter last year we beat Miami go 9-7 make or just miss the playoffs and Rex is still here. Sometimes things happen for a reason.