Tre'Davious White

Mark Vader

I blame every players back sliding on Rex. I mean that very seriously. If he does not fit McD' big picture that is one thing. A reason Jim S picked him i up i would imagine.

That move surprised me quite a bit

Yea it was kinda surprising.

Darby has blazing speed and is sticky in off man coverage ... but struggles to find the ball in the air... that is a hallmark of a zone corner... and something that Tre and Gaines do very well

Darby's hallmark as a man corner is to not make the QB throw it with his tight coverage . When it's in the air he has bad ball skills.

Sitting in cover 3 and 2 mostly our corners need to have elite ball skills when the ball is in the air and Darby really struggles there

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Tre White has been sensational, no other way to put it. Best corner play I have seen in years here in Buffalo, and I would argue he's been one of the best corners in football the first quarter of the season. Lot of football left still, but so far he has been great.

2. Lattimore also has been impressive, but I would give the nod to Tre on who has been the more impressive rookie. Thats no knock on Lattimore, its just that Tre has been that good IMO.

3. Our secondary as a whole has been great, and all 4 starters are new to the team this year. Given Hyde, Poyer, and Gaines are arguably having the best starts to any season in their career with McD and Frazier, it does make me wonder what this staff could have done with Darby. A kid who showed a ton of promise despite having an awful defensive scheme and coaching around him. Darby in a position to reach his potential along side Tre with Gaines in the Nickel to help reduce wear on him given he seems to get hurt a lot would be a very interesting scenario.

Agree I'd give Tre the edge... PFF gives it to Lattimore.... they have both been outstanding. But if the choice is Lattimore (as much as I love him) or White plus an extra 1st rounder then I am taking White and the pick.

Darby wasn't a fit in this scheme and I was saying it all summer.

Yea it was kinda surprising.

Darby has blazing speed and is sticky in off man coverage ... but struggles to find the ball in the air... that is a hallmark of a zone corner... and something that Tre and Gaines do very well

Darby's hallmark as a man corner is to not make the QB throw it with his tight coverage . When it's in the air he has bad ball skills.

Sitting in cover 3 and 2 mostly our corners need to have elite ball skills when the ball is in the air and Darby really struggles there

Darby has some of the best make up speed i have seen. Even when he is turned he gets back to the play.

His second year he looked just as you described him. He got all Leodis.

I think if he played for Frazier the ball would be in front of him more, and he would know where the help was and take some risks.

Trust the process is all i can say on that one Bud :thumbsup::D

Agree I'd give Tre the edge... PFF gives it to Lattimore.... they have both been outstanding. But if the choice is Lattimore (as much as I love him) or White plus an extra 1st rounder then I am taking White and the pick.

Darby wasn't a fit in this scheme and I was saying it all summer.

You were. and were also not the only one.

I was interested to see how would fare in Phila.

Darby has some of the best make up speed i have seen. Even when he is turned he gets back to the play.

His second year he looked just as you described him. He got all Leodis.

I think if he played for Frazier the ball would be in front of him more, and he would know where the help was and take some risks.

Trust the process is all i can say on that one Bud :thumbsup::D

You were. and were also not the only one.

I was interested to see how would fare in Phila.

Darby definitely does have elite recovery speed and can run with the best of them.

He's still super young so Schwartz should get the most out of him. He needs to be patient on the double moves and not bite as hard. If I'm a QB that's the first thing in my report on Darby. Do your homework young man! They are attacking you out AND UP the field!

Darby definitely does have elite recovery speed and can run with the best of them.

He's still super young so Schwartz should get the most out of him. He needs to be patient on the double moves and not bite as hard. If I'm a QB that's the first thing in my report on Darby. Do your homework young man! They are attacking you out AND UP the field!

Yep he would get behind his man and not see the ball

Interesting take. Something for me to stew on.

Frazier has his point, even if Coach speak.

I recall being high on Darby at one point.

But White has a different feel in the way he plays.

likely Coaching allows him do well so early on.

Excellent pick in the draft . I am looking in retrospect. I have no idea what happens in college except what i read here. Based upon his play, when and how he was picked and how he is developing? Love the Kid so far.

Go Tre !

He's a natural, something I didn't see with Gilmore that I see in White is the confidence in which he plays, it's amazing for a rookie, starting CB. 4 year starter at LSU, McD knew exactly what he was getting and I think he's our Josh Norman . Him and Lattimore are special. Their play pops off the screen. What a draft pick at 27.. That play versus Sanders where he bit on the double move,only to make a super heady play on the ball is an example of his mental toughness and confidence he has in his ability

@PFF

Three rookie CBs are currently among the top 20 graded players at the position

DLYjpz9W4AIXsEu.jpg

Elite talent

He's a natural, something I didn't see with Gilmore that I see in White is the confidence in which he plays, it's amazing for a rookie, starting CB. 4 year starter at LSU, McD knew exactly what he was getting and I think he's our Josh Norman . Him and Lattimore are special. Their play pops off the screen. What a draft pick at 27.. That play versus Sanders where he bit on the double move,only to make a super heady play on the ball is an example of his mental toughness and confidence he has in his ability

Elite talent

The heads up play against Sanders sealed it for me.

he earned my respect right there.

He just got a big shout out from the boys on TNF!

Kewl!

The heads up play against Sanders sealed it for me.

he earned my respect right there.

Kewl!

That fumble recovery was super mature and heady!

I fell on a fumble once and when I got back to the bench the coach chewed me out for not scooping and scoring... I said coach you literally preach falling on fumbles...

He said yea that's for the big goofy lineman... you pick that thing up and get me 6. We woulda won if I scooped and scored :(

That fumble recovery was super mature and heady!

I fell on a fumble once and when I got back to the bench the coach chewed me out for not scooping and scoring... I said coach you literally preach falling on fumbles...

He said yea that's for the big goofy lineman... you pick that thing up and get me 6. We woulda won if I scooped and scored :(

Or you mighta tumbled and lost the ball.

You recovered it, secured and got the turnover.

He was delighted.

Coaches, y'know !

Or you mighta tumbled and lost the ball.

You recovered it, secured and got the turnover.

He was delighted.

Coaches, y'know !

Definitely. He loved me and vice versa

He's the reason I started coaching and he gave me my first position when I was done playing. Grateful for life

Definitely. He loved me and vice versa

He's the reason I started coaching and he gave me my first position when I was done playing. Grateful for life

thought there might be a good story.

Coaching is hardly just calling a game.

Some folks forget the passion needed. that is one reason i still enjoy the game as much as i do. it is not the NFL per se. It is watching a Team work towards achieving greatness. I loved Pop Warner football. Watching the young Fellows develop skills that went well beyond the game itself.

One of the features I do enjoy about this Team, they do seem to be playing as One.

Really have not seen such focus in years from Bills.

even Dareus seems an afterthought as the Buffaloes show no quit.

This year is actually the one I have been waiting for.

Not the W/L column. But seeing a team effort top to bottom.

T White has exemplified the message. Head up, play ball for the team. and it will come.

Trust the Coach dare I say ?

thought there might be a good story.

Coaching is hardly just calling a game.

Some folks forget the passion needed. that is one reason i still enjoy the game as much as i do. it is not the NFL per se. It is watching a Team work towards achieving greatness. I loved Pop Warner football. Watching the young Fellows develop skills that went well beyond the game itself.

One of the features I do enjoy about this Team, they do seem to be playing as One.

Really have not seen such focus in years from Bills.

even Dareus seems an afterthought as the Buffaloes show no quit.

This year is actually the one I have been waiting for.

Not the W/L column. But seeing a team effort top to bottom.

T White has exemplified the message. Head up, play ball for the team. and it will come.

Trust the Coach dare I say ?

Definitely trust McDermott and I agree with you 100%

I'm not even so much a fan of the NFL as I am just a fan of the buffalo bills.

My passion still lies in pop warner, high school and college. It's a beautiful game and you can really see the passion and family at those levels

I pick up my father and we go to semi pro ball in the spring and he still has UB season tickets and I take him to HS games with me occasionally still

It's what we know

aint nuthin wrong with that 716.

:thumbsup:

you are a good Kid it seems.

Now back to Bills football.

Is Gaines starting this week or....

The dynamic duo will be back and ready to report for Bengals duty.

Ike Taylor giving props to White and Gaines:

@AroundTheNFL

WEEK 4 CORNERBACK DUOS: MY TOP THREE

#3 Duo

Players: Tre'Davious White and E.J. Gaines.

The Bills boast the No. 1 scoring defense in the league through Week 4, giving up one touchdown while picking off six passes and allowing a 64.1 passer rating against. With the lone touchdown allowed by safety Micah Hyde in Atlanta, cornerbacks White and Gaines have impressed week in and week out. Both are first-year Bills, as White was the team's first-round draft pick back in April while Gaines arrived in the preseason via a trade with the Los Angeles Rams. Gaines was instrumental in the Bills' upset win over the Falcons, recording his first interception of the season along with three passes defensed. Next, this duo faces a Bengals team that ranks No. 18 in passing offense but one that has improved over the last few weeks. White and Gaines will have their hands full.

Next up: at Cincinnati Bengals, 1 p.m. ET on Sunday.

who's next though. That's always my concern. Depth

This week it would probably be sharece wright.

Good week to get used to AJ Green... he does play pretty physical... much bigger than his size. And he is smooth With good agility in man and good pattern awareness in zone so him and Tre should be enough to handle Green

As long as the pass rush is revved up

@PFF

Three rookie CBs are currently among the top 20 graded players at the position

DLYjpz9W4AIXsEu.jpg

They have obviously regraded since I looked yesterday because they still had Lattimore slightly ahead at that stage. Tre just ahead feels more right to me. They are both gonna be very good for a long time.