Tre'Davious White

Mark Vader

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love our new secondary. These guys could become a very special unit.

What a game by E.J. Gaines, he had a strong performance.

I do want to focus on Tre'Davious White. The Broncos had a target on him and they picked on him all day.

During the first half White bit a few times and got beat badly by Emanuel Sanders. As another poster said, this was White's "Welcome to the NFL game."

In the second half, White stepped up his play. He would give up some more completions, but he was right there to make the tackle.

His interception today, is probably the easiest he will ever make in the NFL, but it came at a crucial time.

White was able to finish out the game with good play and he and Gaines helped the defense a lot today.

One thing that has really impressed me with White, that I have seen on replays during these first three games, is how he will go into coverage of his receiver and he will look back at the quarterback, and that at times has caused him to knock down passes headed towards him. It's something that you don't see a lot of CB's do.

I look forward to watching White grow as a player.

Very tough matchup against two, high quality veteran receivers who have played in some GREAT passing offenses and he shined by the end. :thumbsup:

Tre is a straight baller. As are the other three new DBs. And as others have observed, I don't think we have ever had a pair of corners that hit harder. What was the good corner who couldn't catch, signed as a free agent with Minnesota and had a great career? He could really hit. I think these two are there with him, and I don't think we have had better hitters than the three of them.

Tre is a straight baller. As are the other three new DBs. And as others have observed, I don't think we have ever had a pair of corners that hit harder. What was the good corner who couldn't catch, signed as a free agent with Minnesota and had a great career? He could really hit. I think these two are there with him, and I don't think we have had better hitters than the three of them.

Antoine Winfield

Winfield. He could cover with the best NFL CB. And was one of the best tacklers in the league.

He got better at catching the ball when he left the Bills.

Winfield. He could cover with the best NFL CB. And was one of the best tacklers in the league.

He got better at catching the ball when he left the Bills.

Antoine was the best pound for pound pure tackler I have ever seen on any team. Obviously bigger guys and linebackers made more tackles and were better players. But Antoine was the best technician and basically as soon as he hit you you were down. It was incredible. Way, way underrated.

From my perspective as someone who was at the game and had a few pops in me I know he got beat on some plays but my god the kid was all over the field today. Kid isn't afraid of contact and was in on tackles left and right. And he was getting the crowd worked up during timeouts and just looked like he was really enjoying himself. He's got the passion I absolutely love this kid,

Let's give Poyer some props, too. He and Hyde have been pleasant surprises at the S position.

I'm not going to lie, I thought secondary was going to be our biggest weakness due to the turn over. Every edition has been absolutely fantastic - I couldn't be happier.

I love our new secondary. These guys could become a very special unit.

What a game by E.J. Gaines, he had a strong performance.

I do want to focus on Tre'Davious White. The Broncos had a target on him and they picked on him all day.

During the first half White bit a few times and got beat badly by Emanuel Sanders. As another poster said, this was White's "Welcome to the NFL game."

In the second half, White stepped up his play. He would give up some more completions, but he was right there to make the tackle.

His interception today, is probably the easiest he will ever make in the NFL, but it came at a crucial time.

White was able to finish out the game with good play and he and Gaines helped the defense a lot today.

One thing that has really impressed me with White, that I have seen on replays during these first three games, is how he will go into coverage of his receiver and he will look back at the quarterback, and that at times has caused him to knock down passes headed towards him. It's something that you don't see a lot of CB's do.

I look forward to watching White grow as a player.

incredibly titled thread first of all, way to preview what you were about to say...genius.

that being said he defended about 5 passes and was totally solid, havent seen this since thomas smith, maybe even nate odomes