How would you rate Dion Dawkins 1st start?v

CEN-CAL17

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the pressure had nothing to do with it

No push in the run game, lots of pressure given up on the pass rush. TT bailed him out a few times on what would have been sacks with a less mobile QB.

Still a rookie. Still a work in progress...

I think it's safe to say that none of us watched closely enough to grade him fairly at this point, but as far as Von Miller's numbers go, a lot of NFL OT's have done far worse. There are no OLB's that I've ever seen play that are any better than Miller and I've been watching pro football since the 60's. Frankly, I expected far worse.

Good Enough to help us win...

For sure and he was playing against probably the best pass rusher in the league. It was a rough start on a tough assignment. There will be better days to judge Dion than this game. Cordy remains one of the top 3 players on this team though and they need to get him healthy asap.

I think it's safe to say that none of us watched closely enough to grade him fairly at this point, but as far as Von Miller's numbers go, a lot of NFL OT's have done far worse. There are no OLB's that I've ever seen play that are any better than Miller and I've been watching pro football since the 60's. Frankly, I expected far worse.

Not even Lawrence Taylor?

I may be in the minority. I expected much worse. It was baptism by fire and even though Von got his sacks, he didn't wreck the whole game plan. They couldn't stop him they could only hope to contain him, and imo it was a decent performance for a rookie in his first start vs not only a player of that caliber in Von Miller, but that whole DL is made up of studs.

Edited by YoloinOhio