I'm Surprised by Zay Jones' Slow Start

26CornerBlitz

...yup...genetics play a HUGE role....yet another astute assessment....what if he was adopted?...now what?..................

Genetics wasn't the point. Duh!

I do think that a guy who has been around the NFL his whole life, who has a dad who was a player and teaches him what being in the NFL take and what the league is all about is an advantage. It's not really genetics. The same way that the son of a high school coach is usually a distinct advantage.

Someone gets that the implication was that the game wouldn't be too big for him.

I dont have an issue with him struggling with routes as much as I have with passes going off his hands. He's now had bad drops in all 3 games to start the season. Hopefully this corrects itself and we start to see the kid that showed some real promise in the Preseason.

Unfortunate and harsh truth is we SHOULD be 3-0 right now had he not botched week 2 final play. And again, I am not referencing even the ball going off his hands, he cost us that TD with his poor route which made what was a great throw hard to catch because he got his head around late after the stumble. He is NOT the ONLY reason we lost, but he did fail during a wide open opportunity to win the game.

I think Zay had the yips at the moment. It's like a golfer. After the drop last week, he's trying so hard and wants to do so well. I feel for him. He's a great kid that cares. Next week the Bills should come out and run a couple of rollout drags to him for easy catches. He needs to get his confidence back. He's a really talented player but it's in his head at the moment.

great write up Kirby

I can't figure out Zay's drops issue. The dude looks like a legitimate NFL receiver to me physically. Most all of his drops have not been gimmies. But still NFL receivers are expected to make those grabs more times than not. I think maybe he just has to get used to the speed of the game. I think he'll be fine in the long run.

Cute. Still no excuse for this thread. Might as well trade him away too right?

NFL players are expected to preform at a high level. I don't see what your issue is with 26 acknowledging the fact that many people, probably the Bills too, expected more from him through three games. This is enhanced by the fact he was praised for his sure hands coming out of college.

what are your expectations for him?

NFL players are expected to preform at a high level. I don't see what your issue is with 26 acknowledging the fact that many people, probably the Bills too, expected more from him through three games. This is enhanced by the fact he was praised for his sure hands coming out of college.

what are your expectations for him?

Whew I guess neither of you understand hyperbole. I could care less about his college production or pedigree. Fact is he's a rookie, and the OP's original vomit was suggesting this guy should be coming out the gate lighting it up and he's (surprised) that hasn't happened? Wow.

So i countered with an equally ridiculous idea. You get it now? Class on tuesdays and fridays sir.

Whew I guess neither of you understand hyperbole. I could care less about his college production or pedigree. Fact is he's a rookie, and the OP's original vomit was suggesting this guy should be coming out the gate lighting it up and he's (surprised) that hasn't happened? Wow.

So i countered with an equally ridiculous idea. You get it now? Class on tuesdays and fridays sir.

Your interpretive comprehension skills are seriously lacking. He's having issues with the most rudimentary element of playing the position which is catching the football. It's plain as day by any objective measure. How you inferred anything more than that is beyond me.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz