Crow Eaters Thread

Jasovon

This ^^^^

Great win !!!

But a little to early with all the awards ( IMO)

I still believe this team will have plenty of struggles in 2017.

That we lack talent in certain areas such as WR, OL, LB and QB.

My point is that Mcd/Beane are more competent and prepared than what some fans believe and as a result already a better than a dire 3-13 caliber team.

Admittedly I didn't believe we would be this far ahead of schedule and it is very possible that we regress in a couple areas at some point but for now this is looking like a well coached team with players really buying in.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still believe this team will have plenty of struggles in 2017.

That we lack talent in certain areas such as WR, OL, LB and QB.

My point is that Mcd/Beane are more competent and prepared than what some fans believe and as a result already a better than a dire 3-13 caliber team.

Admittedly I didn't believe we would be this far ahead of schedule and it is very possible that we regress in a couple areas at some point but for now this is looking like a well coached team with players really buying in.

Agree 100% Magox. I am not convinced yet that this team is talented enough (particularly on offense) to playoff contend in 2017... but in terms of the coaching this is a huge improvement and it is already evident.

There are a lot of so-called experts of this board that should be eating a whole lot of crow.

First, Gaines has been more valuable to this team so far this year than what Watkins has been for the Rams.

Second, some people here were sure that we would only win a couple more games and gave us no shot at winning against the Broncos, because we lacked "speed and talent"

Third, there has been criticism of the coaching and it's clear as day that this is the best coached team we've had in quite some time.

Fourth, people have been critical of Beane and the front office this offseason, virtually all of his major moves we've made have been positive contributors to this team.

This is what a real football team looks like, not bits and pieces of a team via star power.

Can't wait till next year when we have 6 picks in the first three rounds and all that cap room.

I can't fight that logic. This was pry are most impressive victory since the Packers in '14. There's still this part of me that thinks trading Watkins was a huge mistake as I've seen our running game struggle the last two weeks, but in Beane I trust.

I can't fight that logic. This was pry are most impressive victory since the Packers in '14. There's still this part of me that thinks trading Watkins was a huge mistake as I've seen our running game struggle the last two weeks, but in Beane I trust.

My opinion on Beane hasn't changed but I'm ready to separate McBeane. McDermott has shown me that his teams are prepared, communicate well and in general play to or above their talent.

The Watkins trade is still asinine to me. The Bills desperately lack playmakers and it will catch up at some point. Tyrod and Shady are the only playmakers. It's possible that someone may emerge and maybe it's even a practice squad guy? I liked Reilly and I've always like Dupre. At some point maybe those guys get a shot? I also expect improvement from Zay. At the same time you win with stars in sports and Watkins will be a star (if he isn't already).

In general though our weapons aren't good and it's magnified by the design of the offense. They can't get Shady going on the ground and it isn't because Shady isn't good. There are guys getting penetration and guys not getting separation. When Tyrod or Shady play great they have a chance. They have a chance against the teams that don't get into shootouts. Next week will be tough. In general though they are a dropped pass from 3-0. As much as I blamed Rex for getting the least out of his talent I think McDermott is doing the opposite at the moment.

Yep ... there is a shortage on Crow .... demand is outstripping supply and prices are through the roof ... I myself have been eating it since 1:15pm yesterday ... look forward to more servings in the coming weeks.

Beyond dining on such a delicacy ... and trying not to wash it down with Bills Kool Aid .... I do like the McD fingerprints on this team and love the fact that we are back to a 4-3.

Perhaps the crow will outsell "Dirty Birds" next Sunday ... I can only hope.

I did not believe the Bills would win....so I'm happily choking down the bird. However, my opinion on Tyrod remains the same. Great Defense by the Bills and my opinion of TT notwithstanding, great mental fortitude by the Offense to keep plugging and fighting. To me that reflects coaching as much as anything else, which bolsters my guarded positive opinion of McD.

**One thing to nit-pick: time management, needs to get better, but considering all things, this team is playing like....a team. Been a long time for that to happen and it's refreshing.

I had this team pegged at 4-6 wins this season.

With that said, I have been optimistic about Beanedermott, and have liked the moves. I just believed that the team was going to go through a transition, and with the schedule, it was a throw-away season.

Yesterday was probably the Bills' most quality win in some time. I think of Green Bay in 2014, but that was a lot of smoke and mirrors. Special teams homeruns and Nelson dropping a sure TD. The way they got the ball with 7 minutes left, and bled clock and timeouts is something the Bills have failed at 95% of the time in the past 17 years. Makes me optimistic. McDermott seems to have the lockerroom. This Trump thing was used as a positive and unifying force. Yesterday was without 2 key players in the trenches... and it wasnt the McCoy solo-show. They are now 2-0 in the AFC. We have a season (as of now)

My opinion on Beane hasn't changed but I'm ready to separate McBeane. McDermott has shown me that his teams are prepared, communicate well and in general play to or above their talent.

The Watkins trade is still asinine to me. The Bills desperately lack playmakers and it will catch up at some point. Tyrod and Shady are the only playmakers. It's possible that someone may emerge and maybe it's even a practice squad guy? I liked Reilly and I've always like Dupre. At some point maybe those guys get a shot? I also expect improvement from Zay. At the same time you win with stars in sports and Watkins will be a star (if he isn't already).

In general though our weapons aren't good and it's magnified by the design of the offense. They can't get Shady going on the ground and it isn't because Shady isn't good. There are guys getting penetration and guys not getting separation. When Tyrod or Shady play great they have a chance. They have a chance against the teams that don't get into shootouts. Next week will be tough. In general though they are a dropped pass from 3-0. As much as I blamed Rex for getting the least out of his talent I think McDermott is doing the opposite at the moment.

Agreed. It is fair to say that we may not have beaten the Broncos without Gaines. But we also may well have beaten the Panthers with Sammy. There are the very good players (Jordan Matthews and Zay included) and then there are the rare playmakers who take you to a higher level.

I also am not ready to declare that the Broncos win means we can compete with any elite team. I am not sure the Broncos are elite, or even that their D is elite. They have been before, but things change year to year or even within a season. Recall that in their Super Bowl run a couple years ago, Demarcus Ware was injured mid season and they lost some games, and looked more vulnerable, while he was out. He came back at the end of the season and they rolled through the post season. Point is that one or two key pieces can make a big difference. Our D is dramatically different than last year. We won't know for a few more weeks, or more, if Denver is an elite D and how meaningful this game was. I'm thrilled we played a complete game and won, but I still think it is too early to draw conclusions from it. Now, next week vs Atlanta - we know they are an elite team, playing at home. Look forward to seeing how we stack up.

Sammy or not is pretty exciting that the Bills look to be a very competitive team with a much improved defense... All this and we haven't even seen the play-makers they will draft with the treasure chest of picks. I'd much rather be in this position than be the Jets/browns, etc.. The Bills have a very solid foundation, good coach/GM combo and will continue to get better.

I figured we would hang close through the first half with our defense and then they would just get gasses because our offense has issues staying on the field. I thought that mid way through the third Denver would pull away and then walk away with it. Glad I was SO wrong. What a game it was. This defense is for real, and hopefully the offense can keep making progress.

Loved that we won, I had so much fun at the game. Was pleasantly surprised at Tyrod. I won't eat crow till we make the playoffs because if there is no playoffs it really doesn't matter we won. Go Bills

The Thread is about the Broncos game predictions. But don't let that oversight stop you from your crusade.

Loved that we won, I had so much fun at the game. Was pleasantly surprised at Tyrod. I won't eat crow till we make the playoffs because if there is no playoffs it really doesn't matter we won. Go Bills

you did mention that you thought it was possible that tyrod could throw 4 pick 6s.

on the theme of the tread, i didn't think the bills had much of a chance, especially after the panthers game. i feel the same way about the falcons, but i'm more intrigued by the game than i thought i would be.

Agree with each point.

I will have no crow........I had this as a win......Bronocs aren't nearly as good as they played last week.

Zay is struggling and it's killing them because they put too much stock in his readiness.

Tyrod had his 4th consecutive very well played game as QB of the Bills.........he's clearly improved........a light seemed to come on in that Miami game and he hasn't had a bad day since.

I've been sold on the defense since the preseason.

If Watkins were still here they'd be 3-0 and the offense would look entirely more effective and efficient.

Still need to replace Watkins with a deep threat at least...........the all-22 will show utter disrespect for the Bills passing game.......people lamented 8 man fronts last week.......but this week there were ACTUAL 8 man fronts that the Bills were running head-long into.......Taylor could have easily had another 100-150 yards in the air......even with the ill matched WR group with some better play calling.

Mike Tolbert is basically Boobie Dixon at the beginning of 2015..........fan favorite while killing drives with his touches.

A lot of moves working out.......but the offense is a stud WR, a better #2 RB and some better play calling/design on offense from being a wildcard favorite.

Now, you tell us you had Buffalo +3.

Help out your fellow forum members. Please post some winners this week, no more past posting. We need to make some $ cake.

Forget about the other crap.

Edited by reginald

TT is still VERY inconsistent at being a dropback pocket passer.

I always wonder how the math works with something like this. Taylor was 20 of 26, but at least two passes were dropped.

So that leaves 4 passes out of 26 for TT to be VERY inconsistent.

I guess it must be all those "plays left on the field" by Taylor alone, no other NFL quarterback doing so.