Tell us what you really think, Shady...

Lurker

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NO POLITICS ON BILLS FORUMS-- OR YOU ARE--- AN ---hole

I'd usually agree (and generally hold my tongue on it despite being one of those politically effusive a-hols) except when the President calls NFL players "sons of b's" and our star RB returns volley by calling him a name we can't write here (in many variations, apparently), what's a poster to do?

The other day, one of the ESPN or NFL Network talking heads (i think it may have been Nate Burleson) made the point that these days, you can't really talk sports without talking politics. They're just intertwined. Should they pretend that the President didn't say anything about the NFL on an opinion show?

This is about a comment our star player made after the President attacked players of his sport. How do we not discuss it? The team themselves is having a special meeting the day before a vital home game.

Edited by thurst44

on the contrary. but if i did oppose it i would tow the new progressive line and i would be considered an enlightened member of society! #forward

but these folks are only given a podium because they can do neat things with a ball. not because they are intelligent. these guys believe the earth is flat, run afoul of the law consistently, have more given to them for nothing than anyone, give back a small percentage to the community and all in all do not live in the real world.

the real world is denton, arkansas, plymouth, illinois, paris, ohio, bastian, wv, appleton, wisc, etc... where people live every day lives, working hard for their families, support their communities and live a good life.

You and I went round and round on the "knee" topic awhile back and we have wildly contrasting views on the issue. But I strongly agree with your point about the real world being in places that people in NYC and la refer to as flyover country. This trump conversation occurs in significant part because he recognized that when nobody else did (and won an election because of it). Maybe we can agree that everyone should be heard -- people in middle America who feel that their struggle is ignored, people of color who have a different but equally trying struggle, etc. Bottom line, empathy is a good thing .... except for the broncos tomorrow. Go bills.

because Kimmel was way off in his statements and excised an opinion that knew very little on the subject matter just as these athletes do.

If we want political mumbo-jumbo we turn to the Maddows, carlsons, blitzers, etc.

We want sports and we want to laugh. We don't need a barrage of Media group think when it's shown most disagree with the statements.

what makes you think Kimmel was way off....many people, including reporters and other politicians said he was correct in his statements. To say athletes and others shouldn't comment on these issues is wrong

So you're embracing Kim's insult now? That's where we are now?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3079172/North-Korean-defence-minister-executed-anti-aircraft-fire-disrespecting-leader-Kim-Jong-dozing-military-events-answering-back.html

Congrats, we have about as big of a clown running the US as North Korea.

Kim is literally a psychopath. Have you seen the concentration camps? How he executes people for fun? That guy is a lunatic and should not be in power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You and I went round and round on the "knee" topic awhile back and we have wildly contrasting views on the issue. But I strongly agree with your point about the real world being in places that people in NYC and la refer to as flyover country. This trump conversation occurs in significant part because he recognized that when nobody else did (and won an election because of it). Maybe we can agree that everyone should be heard -- people in middle America who feel that their struggle is ignored, people of color who have a different but equally trying struggle, etc. Bottom line, empathy is a good thing .... except for the broncos tomorrow. Go bills.

I wish everyone thought like this

Dotard is an English word (an arcane one, but definitely our language). Maybe we should be more concerned that a whack job North Korean dictator has a better grasp of the English language than our big league leader does, but that may just be the writer/editor in me.

Even a mass-murdering clock...no, Kim Jong-un doesn't deserve the normalizing of that joke.

All that being said, yeah, we probably shouldn't be running with that one, when there's a ton of other options to use to diss the man.

they're driving this agenda of division. from hollywood celebs to entitled athletes dumber than rocks.

there is no innocence to this. the agenda being pushed is simple and athletes are some of the stupidest people on the planet, right above kardashian level.

they blindly follow what pop culture is doing for the most part. they think people care what they say. but between the coasts these idiots travel between there is a world they will never know. a much better culture where there is no division, where there is no differences which they seem to fuel, a world in which harmony is achieved daily.

but that does not fit the agenda of those looking to simply be an !@#$. this is not about the president, this is simply about those who are looking to espouse the popular opinion as some elite thinker to be against an establishment. this is the liberal agenda.

Thread ended. Couldnt be more dead on.

McCoy is smarter than the president*.

Umm no he isn't. The President was spot on with his comments. Players have the right to protest and no one is disputing that. Their employers also have the right to fire them if their actions reflect poorly on the team. He spoke the truth.

what makes you think Kimmel was way off....many people, including reporters and other politicians said he was correct in his statements. To say athletes and others shouldn't comment on these issues is wrong

this topic is in PPP. It's not too much to go read on it there. But he was way off.

Umm no he isn't. The President was spot on with his comments. Players have the right to protest and no one is disputing that. Their employers also have the right to fire them if their actions reflect poorly on the team. He spoke the truth.

You know those owners didnt want Trump as a partner because they viewed him as a clown.

The problem with Kim is not that he is a clown.

As much as I despise Trump, and did so decades before I had much of a hint of his politics (save for the whole kill the {eventually exonerated} Central Park Five full page ad), he's still yet to resort to murdering his enemies and we can presumably vote him out if we'd like in 2020, if he is still the President.

Kim is a lunatic dictator with absolute power and nuclear weapons.

Dotard is an English word (an arcane one, but definitely our language). Maybe we should be more concerned that a whack job North Korean dictator has a better grasp of the English language than our big league leader does, but that may just be the writer/editor in me.

Even a mass-murdering clock...no, Kim Jong-un doesn't deserve the normalizing of that joke.

All that being said, yeah, we probably shouldn't be running with that one, when there's a ton of other options to use to diss the man.

Obviously, it is an English word. The point is that he has popularized calling Trump that.