If Saquan Barkley really is a better NFL prospect than Zeke.

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Zeke would be first I was very high on him. I would have to go back and check my final grade on Fournette last year but he and Barkley pretty close.... all top 10 grades. Gurley I had a mid 1st on. 

I loved Zeke as a prospect but I don’t know how much of that was from me being a homer. I liked Gurley a lot and am high on Barkley. I liked Fournette a little less than most and he would have been 4th for me (but still a 1st rounder).

53 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I loved Zeke as a prospect but I don’t know how much of that was from me being a homer. I liked Gurley a lot and am high on Barkley. I liked Fournette a little less than most and he would have been 4th for me (but still a 1st rounder).

I still would rank Zeke higher than Barkley because I think he’s a better pure runner. Barkley made big plays at the beginning of the game but often in crunch time he didn’t come through. Zeke was the opposite - he was a clutch performer and still is. His game had few if any holes with his nfl ready blocking and overall Football acumen. He is an every down RB. I also think he’s quicker than Barkley when it comes to hitting the hole and taking off. Where I think Barkley will score much higher is the character area. He’s also a more polished receiver and phenomenal kick returner. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Barkley's summer was filled with insane weightlifting sessions. Then more insane weight-lifting sessions. He can squat 525 pounds five times, and there's also video of him benching 225 pounds 30 times. Lastly, he reportedly was timed at 4.38 seconds in the 40-yard dash over the summer.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-combine-saquon-barkley-among-most-likely-to-blow-up-at-indianapolis/

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/29/2018 at 6:05 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

Late to the game but—

zeke

barkley

gurley

fournette 

And if not for the knee issue I’d have swapped the middle two. I like Fournette a lot but I don’t think his body will last as long and while he’s exciting - something about him just isn’t as “hold your breath every touch” like zeke or going back to Peterson (at least for me)

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Late to the game but—

zeke

barkley

gurley

fournette 

And if not for the knee issue I’d have swapped the middle two. I like Fournette a lot but I don’t think his body will last as long and while he’s exciting - something about him just isn’t as “hold your breath every touch” like zeke or going back to Peterson (at least for me)

That probably would have been my exact order and reasoning. I might have still had Gurley at 2. For me Fournette isn’t as elusive or well-rounded. He’s still explosive in the open field and a really good back. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/23/2017 at 10:50 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Does he go top 5? Top 3? Zeke went 4. If so that helps push down a QB

@ekaplan15

Very interesting, NFL scouts are saying that Penn State's RB Saquon Barkley is better than Zeke. Much faster than Zeke, and has more twitch

Should be the first non QB off the board.  2 or 4 is my guess.

No no better way to prolong Eli’s career than pairing him with that kind of running game.  

On 4/19/2018 at 12:53 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Should be the first non QB off the board.  2 or 4 is my guess.

No no better way to prolong Eli’s career than pairing him with that kind of running game.  

Pretty much what Payton is doing with Brees

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.