If character is so important to the new regime...

C.Biscuit97

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One down

...yup I know it is the omnipotent NFL making the rules, but Henderson is caught in an awkward spot where marijuana allegedly (we do not know the facts) was for medicinal purposes and legal in many states......what if he was a Colorado resident and had a Colorado doctor prescribing marijuana for his crohn's disease and tested positive as a Broncos player?...would love to see the NFL deal with THAT one...............

Admittedly I don't know when the tests happened but I'd imagine Henderson was more concerned with recovering or even just living than the NFL's drug policy.

...yup I know it is the omnipotent NFL making the rules, but Henderson is caught in an awkward spot where marijuana allegedly (we do not know the facts) was for medicinal purposes and legal in many states......what if he was a Colorado resident and had a Colorado doctor prescribing marijuana for his crohn's disease and tested positive as a Broncos player?...would love to see the NFL deal with THAT one...............

for some background... I'm pro legalization and work in hr.

The NFL doesn't have to allow marijuana use. They get to determine if they want to make concessions on it but can hold employees (players) to the federal standard. I just went through a webinar about marijuana and the workforce. I thought going I that people with prescriptions would be protected by the ada but unfortunately it isn't so.

AFL - they made it clear already - they are using the federal standard.

If a Bronco player got it legally from a Colorado Doctor and tested positive- BAM no difference that a Buffalo player - into the treatment program.

It is allowed in several states, but is still a federal crime and the new administration is looking to go back on it legality at the state level.