If character is so important to the new regime...

C.Biscuit97

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No high effort doesnt trump talent. It just really doesnt.

But thats another debate. Has anyone had McD clarify what he means by Character? I bet you will hear something like puts in the work, film rat, gym rat yada yada. Then some passing reference like and keeps nose clean off field (every coach wants that).

But not every coach adheres to that, at least not fully. Some coaches are much more lenient than others. I have no clue what exactly McDermott is "looking" for, but you can probably guess what character issues he's looking to avoid.

The effort (character) vs talent thing certainly matters, though, especially to our coach. The level of talent in the NFL is pretty close, from an overall roster standpoint. I do believe effort trumps talent, not in just football. Just my opinion, and whether or not that is actually true is debatable, but if it is, to what extent is debatable as well.

You can fill your roster with good guys without completely eliminating top talent from the roster. It may not be as easy, but it can be done, and it's not like it's a bad thing to do, especially after the circus that just left town.

Essentially, effort/talent across the roster doesn't mean jack if you don't have a franchise QB.

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

I'm not sure why. Regardless of character issues they are both mediocre players at best.

Henderson was getting roasted any 2nd and 3rd stringers in the preseason and he was one of the worst starting tackles in the league before his illness flared up.

Powell is a marginal special teams player and not a viable WR. A dime a dozen type.

Maybe it's because the Bills are SOOO weak at their two positions, but stil...

Why are Walt Powell and Seantrel Henderson still on the roster?

Do you know these players personally, so that you can attest to their " undesirable" character?

I heard Walt Powell doesn't return the shopping carts and leaves them in the parking space at grocery stores.

That's what I thought.

As has been noted on this board a multitude of times, Henderson has had many suspensions and incidents related to marijuana use that far predate his Crohn's diagnosis. He's not here because he'd rather smoke pot than play football.

I was going to post the same thing. SH has had issues since his freshman year in Miami. He is physically talented but is very immature and has completely underachieved. He seems like the exact opposite of the players they want.

I'm not sure why. Regardless of character issues they are both mediocre players at best.

Henderson was getting roasted any 2nd and 3rd stringers in the preseason and he was one of the worst starting tackles in the league before his illness flared up.

Powell is a marginal special teams player and not a viable WR. A dime a dozen type.

Maybe it's because the Bills are SOOO weak at their two positions, but stil...

Yeah, that's my point. They could make examples of these JAGs and pump their chest about "doing things the right way."

Or maybe he has Chrons and also happens to like to smoke weed. It not like he gets a prescription.

Dude, the guy liked to get high. Then, he found a reason to legitimize it.

I read he's a clapper. A fringe political movement that believes all social ills can be solved through excessive clapping.

1008349548-billsVikings-14-1260x800.jpg

Haha. The clapping seems like he leans left but the bald white guy definitely seems more right. So maybe he is a moderate.

Dude, the guy liked to get high. Then, he found a reason to legitimize it.

Haha. The clapping seems like he leans left but the bald white guy definitely seems more right. So maybe he is a moderate.

But he has Michael Jackson's nose, so maybe he's liberal.

I read he's a clapper. A fringe political movement that believes all social ills can be solved through excessive clapping.

1008349548-billsVikings-14-1260x800.jpg

I am not sure of what to think about clapping.

On one hand shows dedication and commitment

On the otherhand a timeless classic that might not fit in the modern day fist jumps and jump collisions

Only issues Sentrel has had is trying to medicate crohns with medical marijuana.

Exactly, he should definitely get a free pass IMO

I heard Walt Powell doesn't return the shopping carts and leaves them in the parking space at grocery stores.

Still better than stealing $20 bill off the bar from a cops wife or playing whack a Canadian with his Escalade lol

If anyone's character would be challenged on this team, as of now, it would be Marcel.

I don't think smoking pot shows bad character.

Being half naked after climbing an electrical fence doesn't show bad character, it shows the guy has bigger issues IMO.

I mean, we'll all been there ... amirite guys!

Edited by ndirish1978

Why are Walt Powell and Seantrel Henderson still on the roster?

Because they are a free hold and you never know when you might need them or get something for them - crazier things have happened.

But the wildly varying approach to holding resources has been hard to decipher here (players, scouts, etc...)

• 2 weeks later...