If character is so important to the new regime...

C.Biscuit97

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henderson is going to get a look at RT once he gets back. If they didn't think he had enough talent to at least be a swing tackle they would have cut him by now. Mills kinda won the job by default. Dawkins is a rookie switching sides and still needs time to acclimate to the right side, plus now it seems he may be seeing some time on the left side to fill in for Glenn. And then Henderson, they knew he had the suspension for the first five games, so who was left? Mills.

I'm almost certain they like Powell because he can play special teams as a returner/gunner. He's also got some speed to him so he may be a guy they wanna utilize for deep shots down the field.

Also, it doesn't hurt them at all to retain a suspended player. They don't count for a roster spot. Only when their suspension is up do they have to worry about either cutting them or cutting someone else to give them a spot on the active roster.

I though this was going to be another "cut/trade Dareus" post.

Maybe we're putting a bit too much emphasis on the whole "character" thing. It's obviously something that McDermott cares about when it comes to building a team, but they aren't going to simply get rid of every single person that has any kind of off field issue. The Cowboys and Bills may be on different ends of the character spectrum, and even though guys like Powell and Henderson aren't top talent players, they aren't exactly guys that have had multiple issues, and they provide solid depth. Henderson has had some "issues", but mostly health related.

It will take a more serious violation for the Bills to simply move on from a player.

Not sure but obviously Henderson is probably going to get a shot at the starting RT spot when he comes back because Mills a true turnstile and one of the worst starters this team has seen at any position in the last 17 years.

Cornell Green was worse. I'm not sticking up for Mills, just saying there was an even worse player than him at RT during this time period.

Why are Walt Powell and Seantrel Henderson still on the roster?

I'll give you Henderson for violating the same rule twice but Powell was his first strike and sounds more like an honest mistake. Could not be but seemed genuine in his statement.

I was disappointed to recently find out that I had mistakenly used a product that caused a positive result during testing. Although I’m frustrated with the result, I’ve accepted the league’s discipline of a four game suspension. I apologize to my teammates, coaches, the entire Bills organization and the Bills fans for my mistake. I will continue to give the Bills my best effort every day, and help contribute to a successful 2017 season.
Edited by The Wiz

Maybe we're putting a bit too much emphasis on the whole "character" thing. It's obviously something that McDermott cares about when it comes to building a team, but they aren't going to simply get rid of every single person that has any kind of off field issue. The Cowboys and Bills may be on different ends of the character spectrum, and even though guys like Powell and Henderson aren't top talent players, they aren't exactly guys that have had multiple issues, and they provide solid depth. Henderson has had some "issues", but mostly health related.

It will take a more serious violation for the Bills to simply move on from a player.

Ya think? :D:beer:

It's a process and a signal. The process entails starting to separate the wheat from the chaff. That means you try to get as much good while disposing of as much bad as possible. You can never get rid of all the bad in one swing. The more important point is the signal. When you start cutting the dead weight off, those who may be minor issues will turn it around of get gone. The serious offenders, get removed, unless they have monster contacts (See: the fat car racer). In a room of 53, like an office, you'll always have a few trouble sports. The points is the process and the signal is about reducing that number to as manageable a number as possible so as not to be overrun by them. I try to recycle 100% of the time, but I can't 100% of the time. So does that means I'm not true to my word or beliefs or does it indicate I do the best I can within context?

Cornell Green was worse. I'm not sticking up for Mills, just saying there was an even worse player than him at RT during this time period.

I honestly can't keep track because we've seen such terrible players in Buffalo during the drought but yes who can forget Cornell Green and all 5 starts he made before he was dumped.