Cordy Glenn has two injured feet (Returning to practice 12/6)

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Odds are you are correct. When he is healthy and playing well he is worth his contract. Our OL is not overloaded with talent. Getting rid of a player who has demonstrated that he can play well is a set back and not a step forward. 

Know what's even worse?

Paying big money for a guy sitting on the training table. Wasted roster spot. Wasted money.

25 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The other night I used Ghirardelli dark chocolate with raspberry filling.  It was the only chocolate I had and it worked beautifully.

The marshmallow heated the raspberry filling inside to a perfect temp.  

were you soaking in the tub with another man when you had this?

29 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The other night I used Ghirardelli dark chocolate with raspberry filling.  It was the only chocolate I had and it worked beautifully.

I can tell I need to up my s'mores game.

4 minutes ago, teef said:

were you soaking in the tub with another man when you had this?

Who on earth would risk ruining a perfectly good s'more with soggy graham crackers?  Everyone knows you soak in hot tubs with a crisp Chablis and fresh strawberries.  Kidz these days, sheesh.

8 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Know what's even worse?

Paying big money for a guy sitting on the training table. Wasted roster spot. Wasted money.

St Louis former Rams fans are *nodding sadly* to this whilst thinking of Bradford.

Injuries happen everywhere to good and great players.  At some point a team has to shrug and move on.

Where that point is?  Judgement call.

I think Glenn is done in the long term for us.. he just can't stay healthy.. If he comes in and plays the rest of the season I think you still draft another OT and run Cordy to at least the trade deadline next year with some luck and hope he plays at a solid lvl then trade him for a ransom to a depserate team...

OR If the team is gelling then you keep him but I would plan ahead for his departure... If our new OT is showing promise you can definitely get a 1st rd pick for a solid LT like Cordy from a team who is on the cusp.  But depending on Cordy is hard ot do these last few seasons.. I just feel he will miss games when we need him most

OTs are a premium but Cordy to me will miss games his the rest of his career, so if we can squeeze another season and 1/2 out of hiim it and actually have another OT ready to take over outside Dawkins then get a premium for him 

Glenn has been a good to very good player for this team and as far as we know, he’s had no issues that would make me think they would want to ship him off.  But, it’s a business and if he’s not available enough to produce in line with his cap hit, and they think they can adequately replace him for cheaper, that’s what they need to do. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Marshmallows worthless? Terrible take. Ever had S’mores? Try with Reese’s cup instead of Hershey bar. You’re welcome. 

(Heads to wegmans for graham crackers and reese's)

Cordy seems to keep injuring his feet. Maybe we should shut him down and let him focus on rehabbing. Dawkins has played well in his absence 

52 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

? there goes my diet...

6 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

So does a good blocking scheme and offensive coaching staff

QB has a better chance of making the OC / HC and the Offense in general look much better than vice versa IMO.

1 minute ago, ddaryl said:

QB has a better chance of making the OC / HC and the Offense in general look much better than vice versa IMO.

Yeah, you could be right.  It's amazing, though, how much better the OL looked last year, even with Tyrod.

7 minutes ago, Zac said:

Would like for him to demonstrate that he can still play.  I can't help but think he'd be good trade up ammo vs. burning our draft pick stockpile

So we have more terrible Beano trades to look forward to in the off season leading up to and during the draft.

Great. Can't wait.

Beano has make one trade as a Bill employee(Benjamin) that was not anything other than a complete and utter fail/loss. And based on his previous actions and guessing his obvious mindset concerning previous players on roster, he has more than a few blackballed/scarlet letter Rex/Whaley guys he still needs to dump for peanuts.

Edited by cba fan

31 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Yeah, you could be right.  It's amazing, though, how much better the OL looked last year, even with Tyrod.

Cordy being out a bunch set us back some for sure.. WOods is getting long in the tooth and the right side needs help for sure but lot of it is not having a QB who can make those quick slants that forces Ds to adjust back a little.. I can't imagine every successful team has the perfect OL combo.. Basically if you only have to hold your block / assignment for 3 seconds it makes the position a lot easier and makes average OL more competent on paper

I also think teams figured us out by containing the outside so TT nor Shady can bust it that way and forces them up the middle.

Edited by ddaryl

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

Know what's even worse?

Everyone in the NFL is injury prone. It's the cost of doing business. When he's healthy, Glenn is very good. If this isn't chronic and he's healthy next season, they should keep him. He's better than most. 

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Everyone in the NFL is injury prone. It's the cost of doing business. When he's healthy, Glenn is very good. If this isn't chronic and he's healthy next season, they should keep him. He's better than most. 

You know, there's a truism in the NBA that I think also applies here. Big men with foot/ankle problems are likely done.

You could be right, of course. He could come back and be the next coming of Anthony Munoz. Or he could never be the same. Are you willing to roll the dice with his money?

16 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

WOods is getting long in the tooth

And didn't we just give this guy an extension?  Yeah.  I think 2/5 of the line is new next year.  Wood, Incog, and Dawkins start.  Maybe Miller or Groy can step up.  Groy must be really bad in practice as we don't see him at all

Damn there will be a LOT of holes on this roster next year

Edited by MarkyMannn

5 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

You know, there's a truism in the NBA that I think also applies here. Big men with foot/ankle problems are likely done.

You could be right, of course. He could come back and be the next coming of Anthony Munoz. Or he could never be the same. Are you willing to roll the dice with his money?

Hard to say. Jason Peters had foot injuries and came back better than before. So did Kyle Williams, who had bone spurs in both feet that really undercut his play in 2011 or so. I'm less worried about feet/ankle injuries than back injuries when it comes to big men. 

Re: rolling the dice with his money, they're rolling either way - his 2018 dead money charge is huge. If he's healthy next season and they draft a stud qb, wouldn't you want a top-10 LT protecting him? I would. I'm not saying that the problem isn't chronic, btw - we simply don't know. It's just that I'm so tired of Bills fans (not you) saying Bills players are injury prone and therefore expendable. Paul Posluzny comes to mind. He's a good player and looks like he's going to have a 12-15 year career. When he was on the Bills, everyone said he was injury prone. His injuries weren't of the chronic kind, however; they were the sorts of random injuries that can happen to any player on any play and aren't a huge problem long term. 

Edited by dave mcbride