Cordy Glenn has two injured feet (Returning to practice 12/6)

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, wiskibreth said:

2012 started/played in 13 games, suffered an ankle injury in week 4, missed 3 games

2013 - started/played all 16

2014 - started/played all 16

2015 - started/played all 16

2016 - started/played in 11, suffered an ankle injury in week 11, missed 5 games

2017 - Started in 5, played in 6, and has missed the last 4 games all due to ankle/foot, missing a total of 6 games thus far in 2017

Grand total of missed games due to injury: 14

but but but... he is always injured.

Thanks for showing he is a relative ironman with Bills players.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sal Capaccio on radio just now “Dion Dawkins is the franchise LT for this team” 

As I'm sure you recall Yolo, the note on Glenn when he came was out of college was that he may very well be a better Guard than Tackle. Now, he's played very, very well when he's healthy. But, in your quote of Sal and as others have speculated, the team really seems to like Dawkins at LT and he has played admirably all things considered. 

With that in mind, maybe it makes more sense to move Glenn to LG since Richie may or may not be here next year and either way is a bit long in the tooth. To me, (when healthy) that puts two of your better Offensive linemen on the left side that are relatively young and can make make that left side even better. If Richie stays, it makes more sense to move HIM to RG since he's a short timer with the Bills anyways.

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 6:53 AM, billsherd said:

LT with one of the 1st round picks.

OR 2nd round pick.  Something...

4 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

As I'm sure you recall Yolo, the note on Glenn when he came was out of college was that he may very well be a better Guard than Tackle. Now, he's played very, very well when he's healthy. But, in your quote of Sal and as others have speculated, the team really seems to like Dawkins at LT and he has played admirably all things considered. 

With that in mind, maybe it makes more sense to move Glenn to LG since Richie may or may not be here next year and either way is a bit long in the tooth. To me, (when healthy) that puts two of your better Offensive linemen on the left side that are relatively young and can make make that left side even better. If Richie stays, it makes more sense to move HIM to RG since he's a short timer with the Bills anyways.

I would DUMP Cordy Glenn and his contract while they still might get anything for him.

39 minutes ago, Socal-805 said:

OR 2nd round pick.  Something...

I would DUMP Cordy Glenn and his contract while they still might get anything for him.

I understand the frustration given the end of last season and how little he's played this season, but all you need to do is look at the games he's played when he's been relatively healthy - which was most of them up until the end of last year - to see just how good of a blocker he truly is.....additionally, they already have him under contract and if the Bills could find a way to put both him and Dawkins on the left side, I think that's a great left side to have...

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

I'd move Cordy to RT if they feel that Dawkins is the LT.

You can get away with paying Cordy until the time comes to pay Dion, which will be at least another 2 seasons.  By that point, Cordy will be on the wrong side of 30 and cost $12.7M against the cap (while cutting him prior to the start of the 2020 league year would save $9.5M against the cap).

There's no downside to Glenn, since he's being paid as a premier LT, and there's no downside to Dawkins, since it sets him up to get paid like a premier LT when his rookie contract expires.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, thebandit27 said:

You can get away with paying Cordy until the time comes to pay Dion, which will be at least another 2 seasons.  By that point, Cordy will be on the wrong side of 30 and cost $12.7M against the cap (while cutting him prior to the start of the 2020 league year would save $9.5M against the cap).

There's no downside to Glenn, since he's being paid as a premier LT, and there's no downside to Dawkins, since it sets him up to get paid like a premier LT when his rookie contract expires.

I wouldn't be in such a hurry to jettison Cordy if he can regain his foot/ankle health with OL often playing at a high level well into their 30s.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I wouldn't be in such a hurry to jettison Cordy if he can regain his foot/ankle health with OL often playing at a high level well into their 30s.

Definitely too far down the road to think about just yet. If we move Cordy to RT and he gets healthy, we can theoretically pay Dawkins and retain Cordy. It remains to be seen what other vets or prospects could come our way in FA/draft in 2019-20. 

15 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

bandit, good to hear from ya! Haven't seen you around for a while, hope all is well!

I get the point about moving Glenn to RT, but given Glenn has played on the left side for most of his career and that he may be more suited for a Guard at this point, reinforcing the left side - especially if the Bills draft a right handed QB - makes more sense to me as they will most likely need to draft or sign an OT anyways, let it be a RT. 

15 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

In a hurry?  I'm talking about after 2 more seasons.  The overarching point is that what to do with Cordy after a successful transition to RT is a problem for another day.

Just now, BigBuff423 said:

bandit, good to hear from ya! Haven't seen you around for a while, hope all is well!

I get the point about moving Glenn to RT, but given Glenn has played on the left side for most of his career and that he may be more suited for a Guard at this point, reinforcing the left side - especially if the Bills draft a right handed QB - makes more sense to me as they will most likely need to draft or sign an OT anyways, let it be a RT. 

Thanks for the sentiment!

Of course what you're saying is salient; the plan would be predicated upon Cordy showing the ability to play on the opposite side.  If he doesn't, then you have to re-think the plan for the starting 5.

Just now, thebandit27 said:

In a hurry?  I'm talking about after 2 more seasons.  The overarching point is that what to do with Cordy after a successful transition to RT is a problem for another day.

Mostly that was a general comment regarding him moving beyond this season. 

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Agree 100%. Recall that coming out of college many thought Glenn was best suited to play RT or guard anyway. That said, I would still like to see 1-2 offensive linemen drafted in the mid rounds.

4 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

I still don't know what the actual injury is.  Tendons, a fracture , high ankle sprain ?   I do know having a healthy Glenn and Dawkins next year would be nice.  

A healthy Glenn and Dawkins would be a solid combination but the chance that Cordy decides to eat Dawkins has to be considered.

In all seriousness I can see why Cordy is on the outside looking in, it's a hard sell on a guy that looks like that and plays a proffesional sport for a living. He ain't takin this serious