Cordy Glenn has two injured feet (Returning to practice 12/6)

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Hard to say. Jason Peters had foot injuries and came back better than before. So did Kyle Williams, who had bone spurs in both feet that really undercut his play in 2011 or so. I'm less worried about feet/ankle injuries than back injuries when it comes to big men. 

Re: rolling the dice with his money, they're rolling either way - his 2018 dead money charge is huge. If he's healthy next season and they draft a stud qb, wouldn't you want a top-10 LT protecting him? I would. I'm not saying that the problem isn't chronic, btw - we simply don't know. It's just that I'm so tired of Bills fans (not you) saying Bills players are injury prone and therefore expendable. Paul Posluzny comes to mind. He's a good player and looks like he's going to have a 12-15 year career. When he was on the Bills, everyone said he was injury prone. His injuries weren't of the chronic kind, however; they were the sorts of random injuries that can happen to any player on any play and aren't a huge problem long term. 

I was -PISSED- when they moved Poz. That was ridiculous. I'm curious as to just how many games Cordy's missed over his career with injury.

Still a bit peeved with Whaley for giving him the contract he did, however.

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

I was -PISSED- when they moved Poz. That was ridiculous. I'm curious as to just how many games Cordy's missed over his career with injury.

I get that, but IF he is healthy come training camp, he's a good player that should be retained. He's the best lineman on the team when healthy. 

7 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

You know, there's a truism in the NBA that I think also applies here. Big men with foot/ankle problems are likely done.

You could be right, of course. He could come back and be the next coming of Anthony Munoz. Or he could never be the same. Are you willing to roll the dice with his money?

That’s my thought process.  BIG men with foot problems is a scary combo imo.  Rolling the dice sounds about right to me. If we can get something of good value for him, I’d pull the trigger based on health.  It would be good for Cordy too.  He could possibly block for a legit qb

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

I get that, but IF he is healthy come training camp, he's a good player that should be retained. He's the best lineman on the team when healthy. 

I'm not so sure that's the case. Dawkins has been a revelation as a rookie and should only get better.

Just now, joesixpack said:

I'm not so sure that's the case. Dawkins has been a revelation as a rookie and should only get better.

We shall see, but Glenn has always been good when he played. Regardless, I'd rather have too good OTs than one. This is a team that can't be wasting early draft picks on o-linemen next year. It has to be QB all the way, and they're going to need to trade up.

12 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

And didn't we just give this guy an extension?  Yeah.  I think 2/5 of the line is new next year.  Wood, Incog, and Dawkins start.  Maybe Miller or Groy can step up.  Groy must be really bad in practice as we don't see him at all

Damn there will be a LOT of holes on this roster next year

Like I've been saying even an average O Lineman start to look much more competent when the QB is hitting those short passes quickly, and that Averge OL starts to look much better with a consistent QB capable of gettng rid of the ball quickly and an OC system that been runnign for a few years.. 

How many times have we changed OC's in the last 5 years, 10 years, on average every 3.. and not once did we have anything but average QB play even on our best days in that time. A few accpetional games mixed in of course but each season saw more QB struggles that successes. Which caused more turnover at the HC OC and DC positions which keeps us in a tail spin

Get the QB... unfortunately JP losman and EJ Manual were on nobodies short list of QB's but they were our 2 1st rd attempts.. Got to go get a college player who show signs of being able to throw accurately and make quick reads.. Neither EJ or JP showed that and we saw the results. Move up ang get that player.. But intangibles like arm stregth and size mean nothing if the abilty to process quickly and natural accuracy is not there IMO

Edited by ddaryl

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Marshmallows worthless? Terrible take. Ever had S’mores? Try with Reese’s cup instead of Hershey bar. You’re welcome. 

And instead of Graham Crackers use Keebler Fudge Stripe Cookies. You're welcome.

46 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

As I recall, they did not " move" Poz, he left in free agency.  I also recall they did try to sign him. He had multiple reasons for wanting to move on, including I believe a pending change in D schemes. 

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

2012 started/played in 13 games, suffered an ankle injury in week 4, missed 3 games

2013 - started/played all 16

2014 - started/played all 16

2015 - started/played all 16

2016 - started/played in 11, suffered an ankle injury in week 11, missed 5 games

2017 - Started in 5, played in 6, and has missed the last 4 games all due to ankle/foot, missing a total of 6 games thus far in 2017

Grand total of missed games due to injury: 14

Edited by wiskibreth

17 minutes ago, wiskibreth said:

2012 started/played in 13 games, suffered an ankle injury in week 4, missed 3 games

2013 - started/played all 16

2014 - started/played all 16

2015 - started/played all 16

2016 - started/played in 11, suffered an ankle injury in week 11, missed 5 games

2017 - Started in 5, played in 6, and has missed the last 4 games all due to ankle/foot, missing a total of 6 games thus far in 2017

Grand total of missed games due to injury: 14

With the bulk in the past two years, and both in the ankle/foot area.

Disconcerting.