Cordy Glenn has two injured feet (Returning to practice 12/6)

YoloinOhio

I think the simple truth is to keep players in Buffalo you have to overpay. Sucks but the truth of the modern day NFL.

He's in the 2nd year of a very large contract $, and can't make it through the first game or two of the season: he's always had some sort of health issues it seems regardless of money.

I say sit both him and Dareus (if he is in fact hurt) the next two games, get these guys healed up through the bye, Atl is going to be tough and is a non conference game as it is so why play someone whos hurt? I think we can beat Cincy without these two so let them heal up

this sounds like a smart move to me. Come out of the buy with two of your best players coming back. Just make sure Dareus doesn't do anything stupid while "away".

That's the truth of the franchise's current state. It's not true in Green Bay or Pittsburgh. If they start winning, players will come. Hey: We got Anquan Boldin didn't we?

But in any era, not just the "modern era," players would rather be in Miami than Buffalo. You'll never get over that.

I don't know. The fan base in Miami is blah. I think people would rather play in Green Bay or Pittsburgh or Buffalo. You can live in Miami in the off-season.

I say sit both him and Dareus (if he is in fact hurt) the next two games, get these guys healed up through the bye, Atl is going to be tough and is a non conference game as it is so why play someone whos hurt? I think we can beat Cincy without these two so let them heal up

The NFL is a battle of attrition, I know fans and even coaches think week to week and want their best players out there as soon as possible. But I always think it is better to sit a player out a week or two longer than needed than to rush them back a week or two earlier and make an injury worse. It's much better to let an injury heal to as close as 100% for an extra 2-3 weeks than to push a player out there too soon and they make the injury worse and are out 5-8 more weeks.

I never said Cordy got 100M. He can make up to 66M with guarantee and incentives. He's had injury issues just like Sammy. That a very lucrative deal for an injury plagued player. Like I said I'd rather invest that kind of money on a franchise QB than lesser positions.

There are no franchise QB's you can invest that money into in this context. Any QB worth a big contract almost never becomes a free agent. In the past 15 years a franchise changing QB has become a free agent 2 times, one was Drew Brees and the other was Peyton Manning at the age of 37 coming off of a serious neck injury. It's not like the Bills choose to give Dareus and Glenn big contracts over giving that money to a QB. Of course you want a QB worth (And keyword is worth) 100 million but those are typically players you resign not players that become free agents.

Every team is willing to hand out a 100 million contract with huge guarantees to a franchise QB. But you have to find one first and you aren't finding one via free agency. So please refrain from painting the picture of these big Dareus and Glenn contracts were the reason the team couldn't sign a 100+ million dollar franchise changing QB. That's simply not the dynamic.

If what you are saying is you would rather have a QB worth giving a big contract to as opposed to a DT or OT then all you are saying is something very obvious.

this sounds like a smart move to me. Come out of the buy with two of your best players coming back. Just make sure Dareus doesn't do anything stupid while "away".

I think at this point you are hoping Dareus does something stupid because then you don't have to pay him. I would have Hemp plants growing all over the place at OBD.

I think at this point you are hoping Dareus does something stupid because then you don't have to pay him. I would have Hemp plants growing all over the place at OBD.

No at this point you hope he wakes up and plays to his potential as a dominant All Pro DT.

@viccarucci

McDermott: Glenn (foot/ankle) won't practice, unlikely to play vs. #Falcons. Lawson (groin) not practicing, game-time decision. #Bills

These sounds reasonable enough.

But without consulting with the medical staff, I have no idea what's the best course of action.

Edited by hondo in seattle