Cordy Glenn has two injured feet (Returning to practice 12/6)

YoloinOhio

No not just PFF.

I just don't see where he's been an elite LT during his time here. Solid, average...sure. A few dominant games per season, yes.

For me in the end though Glenn is a lot like Wood, and that's a mostly average player throughout the season who is really bad when he struggles and really good on those games he's locked in. Also the too many injuries in recent years to be counted on long term.

So just like that, you want him cut from the team?

Alright then, who do you replace him with? You must have an idea as to who you want to be our Left Tackle.

Give us some names, or are you just saying all of this because you hate the contract he has and is now hurt?

I personally have nothing against Glenn and at least he doesn't have off the field issues like Dareus, but this was yet another horrible deal by Whaley and we need to move on from Glenn after this year.

I think the simple truth is to keep players in Buffalo you have to overpay. Sucks but the truth of the modern day NFL.

Edited by clearwater cadet

I think the simple truth is to keep players in Buffalo you have to overpay. Sucks but the truth of the modern day NFL.

That's the truth of the franchise's current state. It's not true in Green Bay or Pittsburgh. If they start winning, players will come. Hey: We got Anquan Boldin didn't we?

But in any era, not just the "modern era," players would rather be in Miami than Buffalo. You'll never get over that.

Nah...he was a 27-year old LT that was about to hit the open market. He was going to get $12M+ AAV one way or another, so that's what they gave him.

As for whether or not it was a smart deal, I'll say this: when you find a LT that can play the position to the point where you barely notice him, that's a guy that you pay money to keep. The money they paid him was a bit of a projection for the OT position, but it's certainly good market value for what he brings. He's tied for the 6th-highest paid LT in the league based on AAV.

I say sit both him and Dareus (if he is in fact hurt) the next two games, get these guys healed up through the bye, Atl is going to be tough and is a non conference game as it is so why play someone whos hurt? I think we can beat Cincy without these two so let them heal up

I personally have nothing against Glenn and at least he doesn't have off the field issues like Dareus, but this was yet another horrible deal by Whaley and we need to move on from Glenn after this year.

+ 1

I think, like Dareus, there the "out" situation isn't really feasible until after the 2018 season.

i don't understand the "out" meaning specifics, however that's what the contract people say.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cordy-glenn-9851/

until we start winning, that is. Winning cures all. That, and our fan base. Players love to play in front of rabid fans. Not many other teams offer what our fans have (GB, PIT, CLE,)

I bet he plays less than 75% of the games this year.

I set over/under at 9.

Question is, if he still has these issues come next spring what do you do?

I'd sit him all year if there is any chance of these issues coming back next season. Unless you really need him due to another injury this year. Or amputate both legs and turn him into a robot :)