Sammy watch

dave mcbride

disagree.

I think it's more about the meatheads who make Sammy out to be something he's clearly not.

As always.

Each and every player and suit for the Bills who has gotten slammed in here wouldnt get half the abuse they get if not for those defending them who just wont STFU.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Exactly . Anti -Sammys will believe what they want to believe. I've watched several Rams games this season and have seen Sammy open quite often. Even saw a sure TD to an open SW in the end zone passed up by Goff to throw it to Kupp near the sideline ( Kupp did score on the play but had to beat a defender). I know what I saw SW do when Roman made a decided effort to get him the ball. I'd love to see him on the current Bills. He wants the ball, big deal. No different than many WRs over the years. He probably is just playing his cards to become a FA if the Rams aren't going to focus on him getting targets. They know they can score with the other players they have and could be limiting his targets to keep the price down. It's actually a smart move by Watkins. He wants to hold the cards at contract time.

How many people quit football after the anthem stuff and are now back? We should have a welcome back party!

Regarding the bolded, do you think the team has a meeting every year to limit touches for players in contract years?

Edited by BeginnersMind

He probably is just playing his cards to become a FA if the Rams aren't going to focus on him getting targets. They know they can score with the other players they have and could be limiting his targets to keep the price down. It's actually a smart move by Watkins. He wants to hold the cards at contract time.

So now the new excuse for Sammy's lack of production is that there is a concerted effort and conspiracy that involves the GM of the Rams, their head coach, Offensive coordinator and Goff and that the reason why they are all in on it is that they can pay Sammy less???

:doh:

Alden GonzalezESPN Staff Writer

Jaguars coach Doug Marrone had Sammy Watkins as a rookie in Buffalo. After the 2014 season, there were reports that Marrone was upset the Bills traded up to draft Watkins. Asked about that on Wednesday, Marrone said: "It wasn't the player for me. I love Sammy. We wanted Sammy as much as anybody. We were excited about that when the pick came through. What's gone on is, I was a little concerned about just giving up too much, not knowing what our quarterback situation was. That was the only thing that I voiced. After that, s--- I was happy as hell to get Sammy, and you go on. Not many times like that are you able to get a special player like Sammy, and that's how I think of Sammy Watkins. He's a special player."

Alden GonzalezESPN Staff Writer

Jaguars coach Doug Marrone had Sammy Watkins as a rookie in Buffalo. After the 2014 season, there were reports that Marrone was upset the Bills traded up to draft Watkins. Asked about that on Wednesday, Marrone said: "It wasn't the player for me. I love Sammy. We wanted Sammy as much as anybody. We were excited about that when the pick came through. What's gone on is, I was a little concerned about just giving up too much, not knowing what our quarterback situation was. That was the only thing that I voiced. After that, s--- I was happy as hell to get Sammy, and you go on. Not many times like that are you able to get a special player like Sammy, and that's how I think of Sammy Watkins. He's a special player."

So much stuff that doesn't fit the butt hurt anti Sammy 'lil job crowd's narrative. I thought the price was too high for a non QB, but could see what SW brought to the table. Loved the player, not the trade up. Still do. I swear lots of folks on this board must've been stalking him on Instagram harassing him for getting injured.

or he has to pretend he is satisfied because he knows he won't be getting a big contract.

Or ... he thinks he has enough money. He knows he'll be getting paid by someone.

My prediction:

Rams and Goff go on to stink up the place. Sammy remains healthy and underutilized. Pats go on a tear and due to all of their WR injuries make a late season trade to acquire disgruntled Sammy from the Rams for a 5th round pick, because given Goff's struggles, he is worth no more to the Rams and they are not planning on resigning him. Brady and Sammy go on to light up the Bills and knock them out of the playoffs in Week 16, after Bills enter the game 9-5 with a legitimate chance of making the playoffs (W vs Bucs, L vs Raiders, W @ Jets, L vs Saints, W @ Chargers, L @ Chiefs, W vs Pats, W vs Colts, W vs Dolphins) .17 seasons and counting! Pats go on to win Super Bowl. Sammy signs extension. Pats offense fueled by ex-bills well into Brady's 40's. You couldn't dream up this stuff (except, I just did :doh: )

NFL.com: Watkins 'frustrated' by reduced role in Rams' offense

Sammy Watkins expected to be the main course after being traded to the Los Angeles Rams. Instead, he's mostly been a side dish.

The Rams' receiver has just one catch for 17 yards over the past two weeks. Sunday against Seattle he put up a goose egg on four incomplete targets. The two disappearing acts came after Watkins blasted off in Week 3 for 106 yards on six receptions.

Since then, he hasn't found the range with Jared Goff. Watkins admitted to being frustrated with his production but isn't squawking about receiving a bigger role.

"As a player, of course you're going to be frustrated," Watkins said, via the L.A. Daily News. "I don't know a player, a wide receiver, that's not frustrated throughout the game if you're not getting the ball. Each week, it could change. They had certain coverage that kind of took me out of the game, and that's part of the game."

Watkins role in drawing coverage shouldn't go unnoticed in the Rams operation. Defenses still must respect speedy receiver and roll coverage that way at times, which opens up the middle for tight end Tyler Higbee, the underneath for Todd Gurley, and Kupp on intermediate routes.

Wide receiver Sammy Watkins met with the media to address a variety of topics following practice at Cal Lutheran.

WR Sammy Watkins addressed his social media posts and offensive targets with reporters after Wednesday's practice.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz