Sammy watch

dave mcbride

@nflnetwork

Sammy Watkins had just two targets on Sunday against the Redskins. Whats behind his slow start in 2017? 1f4fa.png: #UpToTheMinute // @wyche89

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/910308302512205824

@RapSheet

Ian Rapoport Retweeted NFL Network

7 targets, 7 catches through 2 games for Sammy Watkins. Just 2 last game was not what anyone wanted

Joking aside, his current pace puts him at 64 catches and a little over 700 yards. I think most of us expect these two games the be on the slow side, not his high point. maybe I'm wrong but I'm guessing he adds a few explosive plays along the way and ends up north of 1000 and with a handful of tds despite a lot of options and a young qb Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Joking aside, his current pace puts him at 64 catches and a little over 700 yards. I think most of us expect these two games the be on the slow side, not his high point. maybe I'm wrong but I'm guessing high adds a few explosive plays along the way and ends up north of 1000 and with a handful of tds despite a lot of options and a young qb

They haven't fully integrated him into the offense just yet per McVay, so I suspect you're right. We'll see beginning on Thursday.

@AndrewSiciliano

Your @RamsNFL Color Rush uniforms for #TNF

DKIc31SVoAEtxzL.jpg

Having a good receiver with Tyrod Taylor as QB... kinda like wiping before you poop.

These analogies are lame especially if you consider how well Tyrod and Sammy did together in the 2nd half of the 2015 season.

We didn't "have" to go to rookie for a crucial catch. He was wide open.

To say you know Sammy would have been that open or that he'd catch that ball is myopic at best.

When you have Taylor as your qb it doesn't matter who's out there.

Run, run, throw. You're severely handicapping any receivers when the D knows you have to throw on third down.

Either Taylor is that bad and they don't trust him or we have a terrible offensive scheme. Either one sucks and I'm so bummed this is what we have to look forward to all year.

I thought we were done with this style of play, I thought we were "unleashing" Taylor.

All smoke and mirrors. Can't even get excited about the Broncos game now.

Good post.

You don't know this.

No more than you know he would have.

You may know that the Bills would not offer him a market rate contract or something to that effect. You said "never". Suffice it to say that the FO could have picked up his fifth year option. You cannot know what may have happened over those two years. If the FO played their hand correctly there is zero way to know if SW may have re signed in Buffalo IF he played well over two seasons and IF he were offered a market rate contract .

move on

watkins was never resigning here. at least we got something for him.

he's the girl that was dumping us after homecoming so we danced with the other girl who we could take home.

Why wouldn't he have resigned with the Bills? The Bills were his favorite team growing up and he was ecstatic to be drafted by them. Your claim is a lie because you don't have a fuggin clue what he would have did.

Looks like a writer at MMQB have been trolling TBD since he is joining the chorus of how good Sammy is gonna be. It's coming. It's always coming. Thursday night they say. But if not Thursday, next Sunday for sure. Just as soon as the generational talent Is "worked into the Rams system". I thought for sure he was so talented he could run any route and never be covered regardless of the system... I guess he's not THAT good.

But I am very excited for all of the Watkins fanboys for the week he actually does something, maybe 115 yards and a touch. And when that happens I'm sure he will be one step from the HOF.

Joking aside, his current pace puts him at 64 catches and a little over 700 yards. I think most of us expect these two games the be on the slow side, not his high point. maybe I'm wrong but I'm guessing he adds a few explosive plays along the way and ends up north of 1000 and with a handful of tds despite a lot of options and a young qb

I don't know... Goff's boy is Cooper Kupp. He looks for him a lot, and for good reason. Kupp looks like a good one.

OP you're kidding right. It's all about fleecing. I'd love to find some sucker willing to take Dareus off our hands for a substantial amount. You never want to see someone fail and I root for Sammy but I hope that 2nd round pick turns into our HOF franchise qb. Or at least a RT to replace Mills.

I don't know... Goff's boy is Cooper Kupp. He looks for him a lot, and for good reason. Kupp looks like a good one.

Eh, Kupp looks ok, he's getting a lot of single coverage because of Sammy/Woods/Austin.

Problem is exactly what happened on Sunday, Goff looks for Kupp too much. Right off that snap in the last drive, he zeros in on Kupp, who hasn't beaten his guy and throws the ball to him, which is intercepted.

Kupps talent level is no where near Watkins, who took a 5 yard slant for 25 yards on Sunday. The YAC was what everyone here wanted to see. Caught the ball put his foot in the ground and was gone.

Having a good receiver with Tyrod Taylor as QB... kinda like wiping before you poop.

This is a ridiculous analogy. So then by that measure, why have a good Oline? Why have a good RB? Why have a good TE? I mean if your contention is that a good receiver is wasted with Tyrod, then all those positions are wasted. Edited by Wayne Cubed

Why wouldn't he have resigned with the Bills? The Bills were his favorite team growing up and he was ecstatic to be drafted by them. Your claim is a lie because you don't have a fuggin clue what he would have did.

this is the kind of post that is destroying the board.

Thanks for continuing to do that

You need to realize some people here know things

Your baseless claim that I am lying and have no clue what I am talking about I'd unfounded. Even then, if this was purely my opinion, your opinion holds no more weight than mine.

You are what's wrong with the board. Please, leave.