Sammy watch

dave mcbride

We didn't "have" to go to rookie for a crucial catch. He was wide open.

To say you know Sammy would have been that open or that he'd catch that ball is myopic at best.

When you have Taylor as your qb it doesn't matter who's out there.

Run, run, throw. You're severely handicapping any receivers when the D knows you have to throw on third down.

Either Taylor is that bad and they don't trust him or we have a terrible offensive scheme. Either one sucks and I'm so bummed this is what we have to look forward to all year.

I thought we were done with this style of play, I thought we were "unleashing" Taylor.

All smoke and mirrors. Can't even get excited about the Broncos game now.

No offense, you either do not understand passing or you did not watch any part of the play other than the part where the ball went off Zay's hands.

The film 100% shows ZJ stumble slightly on his cut just enough to throw him slightly off his route causing him to turn and spot the ball late. That is the ONLY reason it was a tough catch, not because it was a bad pass. Had Zay NOT had the sloppy cut he would have been hit right in the hands for an easy walk in TD rather than try an akward stretch.

Sammy is an exceptional route runner. ZJ had an unforced sloppy cut. Its MORE than safe to say had Sammy been running that route he would have caught the ball in stride walking into the end zone because he would have ran a precise route. Furthermore, even if Sammy had the same stumble, that is very much in Sammys catch radius and would have likely still made the catch in the first place. But that point is mute, I have no doubt the route would have been crisp and it would have been an easy catch and walk in.

You and a few others keep making it about the long stretch to catch the ball while completely ignoring that was SELF INFLICTED by ZJ with his poor cut and late turn for the ball, all of which happened when the ball was already in the air going to the spot where he should have been for an easy score.

Edited by Alphadawg7

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To have a full picture of who won the trade, I agree.

But when you lose a game because you score 3 points and have to go to a rookie wr for a crucial catch, then it's ok to wonder if Sammy makes a difference.

We have a high school passing attack.

how did he do yesterday against washington? was it two catches for 30 yds?

woods had one catch for 8 yrds.

not trying to knock him but since goffs go to guy yesterday was everett and gurley, watkins was no real factor. as for whether the zay play would of come out differently had watkins been there. you would like to believe it would of but then again I couldn't say with certainty watkins makes that catch either.

time to move on from sammy watkins.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

I don't see the point in wanting to know who "won" the trade. NFL trades are not made to try to fleece the other side, they are made to try to be mutually beneficial to both sides. One because everyone knows everyone in league personnel offices and information is rarely withheld when doing a deal. If a team feels they got fleeced, they won't want to do business with that team in the future.

If a player is in the drug program they don't have to share that but they do. If they have long term health concerns , locker room issues, etc. they don't have to share that but they do. Teams want as many options as possible to be able to make trades - and agents are involved as well. The goal is for everyone to feel happy with what they got in the deal, not for one side to feel they got a bad deal. Ideally both teams will feel they got value in return, with the openness to do more deals in the future. It doesn't always work out that way but that's the goal.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't see the point in wanting to know who "won" the trade. NFL trades are not made to try to fleece the other side, they are made to try to be mutually beneficial to both sides. One because everyone knows everyone in league personnel offices and information is rarely withheld when doing a deal. If a team feels they got fleeced, they won't want to do business with that team in the future.

If a player is in the drug program they don't have to share that but they do. If they have long term health concerns , locker room issues, etc. they don't have to share that but they do. Teams want as many options as possible to be able to make trades - and agents are involved as well. The goal is for everyone to feel happy with what they got in the deal, not for one side to feel they got a bad deal. Ideally both teams will feel they got value in return, with the openness to do more deals in the future. It doesn't always work out that way but that's the goal.

I mean.....that sounds good......but no.

Nobody swung more deals than Jimmy Johnson and he made no bones about the fact that he was trying to lopsidedly win trades.

Something tells me Bill Belichick felt no remorse giving the Raiders peanuts for Randy Moss or taking a first rounder from the Bills for Bledsoe when he felt Bledsoe was washed up.

You have some good takes.......then you have some of these. :thumbsup:

watkins was never resigning here. at least we got something for him.

he's the girl that was dumping us after homecoming so we danced with the other girl who we could take home.

Okay that explains his/her hair.

Still would have benn nice to at least get laid at Homecoming instead of sitting home jerking around though :nana:

The girl just wanted you to pay for the limo, tux, tickets, etc but was planning on going home with someone else who would promise week on beach in south seas isle.

I think before this season is over we are going to be really happy with zay

Rookies make mistakes

I do too.......so long as he doesn't get those Josh Reed-yips.

Zay had a surreal catch radius in college.......he normally catches both balls that went off his hands yesterday.

Without those magic hands he's nothing special.

The big issue right now is that McDermott has assembled a VERY old roster for a reason.........to avoid on-field mistakes.........and then the game comes down to a rookie making a play........that's kinda' on the coach.

@nflnetwork

Sammy Watkins had just two targets on Sunday against the Redskins. What’s behind his slow start in 2017? 1f4fa.png: #UpToTheMinute // @wyche89

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/910308302512205824

@RapSheet

Ian Rapoport Retweeted NFL Network

7 targets, 7 catches through 2 games for Sammy Watkins. Just 2 last game was not what anyone wanted