Marrone finally has his QB Nassib

CanadianFan

I fully expect Alex Smith to be the starting QB in Jax in 2018

Maybe even Dalton if Cincy moves on (though he turns the ball over to much likely for St Doug)

Actually TT makes sense for St Doug. Ultra conservative QB that doesnt turn the Ball over and offers running ability.

Edited by MAJBobby

"He knows the system."

Ahahaha!!! Shouldn't laugh with how our team decided to take a working 4-3 offense and change it into a Westcoast one, this year...

and he's better than Kaepernick?

That fool quit playing the second he and his lady called team owners slave drivers...

Maybe even Dalton if Cincy moves on (though he turns the ball over to much likely for St Doug)

Actually TT makes sense for St Doug. Ultra conservative QB that doesnt turn the Ball over and offers running ability.

You have seen Smith play this year?

Edited by Paulus

Ahahaha!!! Shouldn't laugh with how our team decided to take a working 4-3 offense and change it into a Westcoast one, this year...

That fool quit playing the second he and his lady called team owners slave drivers...

You have seen Smith play this year?

Yes and the Chiefs will move him in the offseason

Confirmed Nassib signs with Jags. Marrone, Hackett and Nassib finally re-united in Syracuse South. Here comes National Champions!

oh wait.. his best record was what? 8-5. Playoffs? Maybe? LMAO

Don't laugh too loudly. Right now, the Jags have the same record as the Bills, and at the end of the season, they'll likely have more wins. Maybe a lot more wins. McDermott's play-not-to-lose philosophy is shared by so many great coaches, starting with Dick Jauron.

Yes and the Chiefs will move him in the offseason

Oh, yes, they're most certainly going to send Smith packing to take a chance on a sophomore QB who's played in exactly 0 NFL games that count. :doh:

This may come as a shock to you but some football teams value winning football games more than just making more profits for their owners. My guess is that KC is one of those teams ... the Lombardi is priceless, and they don't have one.

Oh, yes, they're most certainly going to send Smith packing to take a chance on a sophomore QB who's played in exactly 0 NFL games that count. :doh:

This may come as a shock to you but some football teams value winning football games more than just making more profits for their owners. My guess is that KC is one of those teams ... the Lombardi is priceless, and they don't have one.

Chiefs won like SuperBowl 5, but youre right about the rest. I think the poster is just priming himself to B word about the trade, and making Mahomes starter now so he can mentally B word to himself.

Don't laugh too loudly. Right now, the Jags have the same record as the Bills, and at the end of the season, they'll likely have more wins. Maybe a lot more wins. McDermott's play-not-to-lose philosophy is shared by so many great coaches, starting with Dick Jauron.

He is in the last year of his contract. They paid their price to move up their next option. They will not extend Smith so they are going to move him for assets.

When has Andy Reid not been able to develop a QB.

He is in the last year of his contract. They paid their price to move up their next option. They will not extend Smith so they are going to move him for assets.

When has Andy Reid not been able to develop a QB.

You don't know that. They've got Mahomes for 5 years, so if Smith has a good year, Reid feels he's still got gas in the tank, and they feel that they have a legit chance to go to the Super Bowl in 2018, they'll extend Smith. It might only be a two year deal but KC isn't going to throw away a shot at the SB to "develop" a QB who has never played in an NFL game.

The AFCW seems pretty competitive with Oakland, KC, and Denver all looking like serious playoff contenders, so the chances of Mahomes getting meaningful playing time seems unlikely unless Smith gets hurt. Of course, even then, there's a big gulf between a good backup who can come in and play decent for 3 or 4 games and a good starter as Brock Osweiler proved most recently ... and Kevin Kolb proved to Reid back in 2010.

To answer your rhetorical question, Reid couldn't develop Kolb into a starting QB even though he'd been a decent backup to McNabb for 2-3 years, so ol' Andy replaced him with Michael Vick. That was 2010.

Marrone may have, but whaley may have not. Who knows. Either way Nassib is not a good nfl qb. I'm actually surprised he's still even in the NFL

Well to be fair, it's to a third string role in Jacksonville. How "in the NFL" is that really?

I'd feel really bad for Alex Smith if he ended up there.

• 3 weeks later...