Jerry Jones Impeding Contract Extension for Roger Goodell - Extension Officially Signed

26CornerBlitz

there is no escaping it for the NFL who has refused to pick any stance and let themselves be whored out to scauses

It's all to their own fault and brought them to a level where Papa John's can claim this. Two years ago anyone blaming the NFL for misfortune bwould be laughed at but today the NFL is in the corner. And !@#$ed

You ever eat one? :sick:

This^^^^^^^

Jerrah Jones wants a Yes Man who will do whatever he & the other top revenue clubs wants. Dont think for a second this is about the 🇺🇸. This is a power grab under the guise of Goodell being a poor executive, and really this is about crony billionaires wanting even more power. Jones can hide behind patriotism and pretend he is doing right by the league. We all know Jones true character, hes the guy who takes selfies in bathrooms with 20-something groupies despite being married to the same woman for over 50 years. Hes a lying sack of $hite and you all know it. As is Bob Kraft.

Damn right. And Jerruh doesnt have a patriotic bone in his zombie body. He is a greedy cretin concerned only about his bottom line. And he would have sold and trucked the Bills to toronto, london, LA, tokyo in a friggin heartbeat if the pegulas didn't step in and ralph didnt booby trap the lease.

And now jerkoff sponsors like Papa John are going to embolden this homunculus to complain more and eventually get his way.

You ever eat one? :sick:

I used to work at a place in the middle of nowhere, it was out in Salisbury North Carolina. And on Fridays for my crew I I would often order them pizza or other things and Papa John's is the only option we had

I'm no fan of Goodell. But I wish he would make even more millions, and probably deserves it,  just by keeping sleazebags like Jones, Kraft, Snyder, etc. (not you Terry and Kim :D), from eating each other, and thereby taking more of their money. 

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Goodell has increased the bottom line and league profits.  Each owner's franchise is worth more than what they paid originally, in some case a lot more.  As for punishment the players gave him the power to be judge, jury, and executioner and he uses it.  He has been inconsistent at times with punishment, but the only time you hear a peep from an owner is if its his player affected.  The anthem thing - he is walking a thin line between jingoistic fans and players who feel they have a legitimate grievance about unequal police actions and want to voice their opinion.

Overall he has done his job.  Not perfectly but he's certainly not a train wreck.  And now you have an owner in Jones that is butt hurt because it's his player.  An owner who preaches morality but doesn't appear to practice it at times.  An owner who signs guys like Greg Hardy and Elliott and wants to preach to the rest of the league.  A guy who wants to divide the league into have and have nots along with Kraft, Snyder and McNair.

Jones gets his way it starts the end of the NFL.  He'll put in a puppet commissioner, there will be a strike next CBA.  The average fan will have to pay either insanely high ticket prices to see the game in person or to stream coverage.  Coverage will be pay per view as CBS etc.  will decide to not be held hostage, especially as viewership erodes.  Franchises will fold or move.

i think Mark Cuban is an overofficious jerk at times, but he's right on this one.  Greed may kill the NFL.  Goodell understands that.  Jones personifies it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Goodell has increased the bottom line and league profits.  Each owner's franchise is worth more than what they paid originally, in some case a lot more.  As for punishment the players gave him the power to be judge, jury, and executioner and he uses it.  He has been inconsistent at times with punishment, but the only time you hear a peep from an owner is if its his player affected.  The anthem thing - he is walking a thin line between jingoistic fans and players who feel they have a legitimate grievance about unequal police actions and want to voice their opinion.

Overall he has done his job.  Not perfectly but he's certainly not a train wreck.  And now you have an owner in Jones that is butt hurt because it's his player.  An owner who preaches morality but doesn't appear to practice it at times.  An owner who signs guys like Greg Hardy and Elliott and wants to preach to the rest of the league.  A guy who wants to divide the league into have and have nots along with Kraft, Snyder and McNair.

Jones gets his way it starts the end of the NFL.  He'll put in a puppet commissioner, there will be a strike next CBA.  The average fan will have to pay either insanely high ticket prices to see the game in person or to stream coverage.  Coverage will be pay per view as CBS etc.  will decide to not be held hostage, especially as viewership erodes.  Franchises will fold or move.

i think Mark Cuban is an overofficious jerk at times, but he's right on this one.  Greed may kill the NFL.  Goodell understands that.  Jones personifies it.

Extremely well said.  Bravo.

23 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This makes me like Goodell even more. If Jerry doesn’t like him, he must be doing something right. 

Have to agree with Jerry on this one, though probably for different reasons; Goodell needs to go.  I suspect Jerry wants Goodell gone because of the whole Zeke Elliott mess.

Football was much better in 2006 then it is now.  It is the biggest sport in the country- and amazingly Goodall has !@#$ed it up.  Too many commercials, and inferior product, wishy-washy authoritarian rule, ticky tack rules, bull **** calls, etc.  Sure the bottom line might be better, but there is a lot more to life then the bottom line.  !@#$ him

This is a bigger deal than it may seem.  What Jerry is doing could threaten the entire system - parity, the salary cap, etc.  I wonder if this is just his first salvo with an eye toward all of that.  He probably resents that he just gets one vote despite a larger market share.  I’m very curious to see how this plays out, especially with the collective bargaining agreement coming up for renegotiation.  And I can’t help but keep thinking about Mark Cuban’s “pigs get slaughtered” comment.  The NFL as we know it may be coming to an end soon...

Get Goodell and the personal conduct policy outta here.

Goodell and his office has covered up the cheating pats so much in the past. The 4 game ban on brady was an itsy-bitsy slap on the wrist.

Please goodell- get out. Please brady- retire or get an injury . And please go with him belichek.

The world, let alone nfl, will be a much better place without you all anywhere near the sport.