Power Rankings

Anyone have any idea what the Bills highest ranking has been since Flutie? Was it when Trent Edwards had us at 5-1 or whatever our record was? I think we reached top 5 that year before it all went to hell after he was concussed.

Fitz led the team to 4-1 after that (then 5-2) before 7 straight in the loss column.

Neither Carolina or Atlanta trounced who they played. In fact they played down to them. The Bears dropped a few balls near and in the end zone that would of won them the game. Carolina played a Hoyer led 49ers who are a shadow of what they once were and Cam looked off the whole game. It is not inconcievable buffalo finds a way to win one or both of those games. That being said it was week one and teams don't really find their true identities until after week 4 thats when they separate the wheat from the chaff.

I hope we stay at the top in the win column.

I do not care about someone's power ranking opinion. The lower the rank the better, and may our opponents have "bad days" every week.

TheRinger had it Jets #32, Bills #31 before the game.

Did the win improve the BIlls ranking?

i think the year that the bills beat the pats with bledsoe, i think the bills were 1 or 2 after the first two games. we all know how that turned out.

Correct, I believe we were ranked #1 following week 2 after we destroyed the Patriots and Jaguars by a combined score of 69-17. We won 4 more games the rest of the year.

TheRinger had it Jets #32, Bills #31 before the game.

Did the win improve the BIlls ranking?

Can't wait to see the Jets vault to 30, and the Bills stay at 31, because "hey, the Jets weren't as historically bad as we thought, and the Bills didn't crush them."

Correct, I believe we were ranked #1 following week 2 after we destroyed the Patriots and Jaguars by a combined score of 69-17. We won 4 more games the rest of the year.

this is definitely it. off the top of my head, i can't remember who we lost the 3rd game too, but it was quite the letdown.

Neither Carolina or Atlanta trounced who they played. In fact they played down to them. The Bears dropped a few balls near and in the end zone that would of won them the game. Carolina played a Hoyer led 49ers who are a shadow of what they once were and Cam looked off the whole game. It is not inconcievable buffalo finds a way to win one or both of those games. That being said it was week one and teams don't really find their true identities until after week 4 thats when they separate the wheat from the chaff.

Atlanta certainly got a scare in Chicago but they won and I suspect they will start looking a lot better in the coming weeks and certainly by the time we play them.

And the Panthers also took care of business against a 49ers team that many believe will be in the running for the #1 overall pick next year alongside the Jets. But they did win by 20 points coming all the way across country which was certainly more impressive than our 9 point victory at home against the Jets especially factoring in Newton playing a Tyrod Taylor type of game or worse.

I happen to believe that the Bills can win this weekend. Our defense was good against the Jets, without doing anything exotic at all. I think they will mix it up and try to confuse Newton. We've got some good guys coaching out there.

I expect that the OL will open enough holes for Shady to pop thru and get his 100.

I wouldn't be surprised to be 2-0 and ranked as highly as #29.

i think the year that the bills beat the pats with bledsoe, i think the bills were 1 or 2 after the first two games. we all know how that turned out.

2003. They started out 2-0 and they were ranked #2 in ESPN's power ranking behind the Chiefs. Interesting to note, the Bills have started out good in 2008, 2011 and 2014- every three years. Perhaps that pattern continues this year. Doubt it though.

Can't wait to see the Jets vault to 30, and the Bills stay at 31, because "hey, the Jets weren't as historically bad as we thought, and the Bills didn't crush them."

I remember Joe Willie hunched over walking off the field that gray November afternoon at Shea....

Edited by row_33

We probably will. 😣

We lose big, or win barely.

I'm not so sure about that. I think we have the ability to win big. I really do.

Big reason is I feel that Cam's shoulder is bothering him to the point it impacts his play. I think they have a subpar OL, the rookie RB and Stewart should be contained.

I feel Carolina will be stout defensively but we have the best, most consistent player on the field in Shady, and if that run attack gets rolling early,the play action, we could really establish a quick lead and never look back.

We'll see in 4 days!