Target TY Hilton? Other options at WR?

Dragonborn10

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Brown is being under-utilized in Arizona with only 17 targets.

He's the guy in my head that makes sense. I don't know the specific guys they are looking at but the phones are being worked.

When you say actively trying to acquire someone with speed, is this from what you are hearing from around the way or something you read? or?

Luck is set to come back. Luck and Hilton have had great chemistry, I just have a hard time believing they'd split that up.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it happening, I just don't believe it would.

I'd be down with this.

That's what I am hearing.

He's the guy in my head that makes sense. I don't know the specific guys they are looking at but the phones are being worked.

That's what I am hearing.

I'm anxious and hope we do something. I imagine it could be a 3rd or 4th tier guy who would get little fanfare similar to Justin hunter. But, look what hunter did for us, though not by trade.

I want to see how this will work to Whaleys pro scouting, too

I'm anxious and hope we do something. I imagine it could be a 3rd or 4th tier guy who would get little fanfare similar to Justin hunter. But, look what hunter did for us, though not by trade.

I want to see how this will work to Whaleys pro scouting, too

That's a good point. Whaley was ridiculous as a pro scout. We turned a bunch of guys into Pro Bowlers (Zach Brown, Incognito, Tyrod, Alexander) and then ended up with solid NFL players like Worthy. That was definitely his strength.

That's a good point. Whaley was ridiculous as a pro scout. We turned a bunch of guys into Pro Bowlers (Zach Brown, Incognito, Tyrod, Alexander) and then ended up with solid NFL players like Worthy. That was definitely his strength.

It was his strength. He was able to find some gems.

I don't think the Bills want to give up a valuable pick to take on a receiver with a high salary. I think the coaching staff and front office value flexibility in their future. Less premium picks and less cap space for a player who might not fit the system or have chemistry with the QB is a bit of a risk. I think if a quality vet receiver on a more modest deal could be had for a 4th or 5th round pick or less then I think you could actually see them make a move.

Edited by billsfan89

from what I understand of the office they run now the wait until such and such is not what they're about.

This is my opinion. But, I have heard from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another you've been messing around.

:lol:

For clarity, what I've heard from sources I trust is they are not pleased with their lack of speed in their WR corps. I have not heard any specifics about a trade, that's pure speculation. But if a trade was in the works, it makes sense to do a deal next week during the bye than now.

But if a trade was in the works, it makes sense to do a deal next week during the bye than now.

By then they know if they're a serious contender at 4-1 heading into the weak spot in schedule, or not. Plus, teams that are 0-5 or 1-4 may be more willing sellers as well

John Brown is being under-utilized in Arizona with only 17 targets.

Thats what I was thinking. Zona can maybe do without him and might unload him for a day three pick though they could ask for a second rounder I suppose but he is a UFA in 2018 so no. If he is healthy again that is a trade I could see happen.

I think the Bills will stand pat tho. Maybe they can get a receiver by committee going but personally I think that they could use a burner to take advantage of Taylors long ball and soften things up underneath. I dont think that Philly Brown is that guy. But I do think John Brown is.

Edited by starrymessenger

I wondered what happened with Marques Colston. He was a stud, NY guy and great team player. He was producing at a reasonably high level until last year. Is he healthy? I wouldn't mind kicking the tires if he is. Other than that, I hope Streater gets healthy and comes back. Trades don't seem likely.

He wasn't on a team last year nor was he on a roster at any point this year. His last season in 2015 wasn't very impressive. Seems like he just retired outright instead of taking a lower end deal to continue his career.