This is the first time I go into opening day with......

absolutely no expectations or predictions on how the season is going to roll....

I know a lot of you have predetermined a losing season.....hey you might be right

Im not auto counting on anything

I expect the D to be better

I dont know if TT can run this system because he hasnt shown it yet and we might be seeing Peterman before the season is out

Our running game that has been tops in the league might slip a little bit

Im not convinced that our receiving targets are worse. sammy was better but oft hurt

i have no expectations

absolutely no expectations or predictions on how the season is going to roll....

I know a lot of you have predetermined a losing season.....hey you might be right

Im not auto counting on anything

I expect the D to be better

I dont know if TT can run this system because he hasnt shown it yet and we might be seeing Peterman before the season is out

Our running game that has been tops in the league might slip a little bit

Im not convinced that our receiving targets are worse. sammy was better but oft hurt

i have no expectations

Never change Johnny.

It's funny, I have no predictions or expectations either. I see a team that lingered around .500 for the last several seasons but has undergone remarkable roster turnover this offseason. The WR and secondary corps are completely new. Nearly all of the depth across the board has been replaced. The team is very strong at DL and starting RB, but after that it's one huge question mark. We haven't seen these coaches implement a regular season game plan. I understand why everyone seems to be predicting gloom and doom, but the truth is we just don't know yet. I'm very happy that the front office now appears to be unified and pursuing a discernible strategy -- something lacking over the past two decades.

I'm excited for the start of football season as always, but there's also a sense of dread with the Bills because if they lose today it's going to be a long, ugly season.

...a lack of excitement. I feel like this season will just be going through the motions to get to next year's draft to hopefully get the franchise QB that will once again restore my belief that they can be a playoff contender. It's just a matter of what pick they get.

I think many of the level headed fans feel the same way John. New coach , new GM, the feel is everyone is unified in the approach . Turnover on the roster has us interested to see the product on the field. All this said I think the Bills are building something that will take some time. In sports though I have seen that time line speed up or never arrive. I also don't know how much we are going to learn after today. Opening day and football is back and that's all that matters. Go Bills!

This team is so different, how can anyone know what it will be like? I guess that makes it kind of cool though. Other then the uniforms, this team is nothing like we have seen. It would be silly to think we know what it will be. I too have 0 expectation and I'm not sure if that bothers me or not. Turn the tv on and it be what it be.

Vague expectations:

I think the defense may be better because idiot Rex Ryan is gone.

I think the offense will be worse even if Shady stays healthy. Running game will not be as good. Granted, Watkins was hurt last season, but he would have been healthy going into this one, and that would have been an improvement that is now not going to happen. Can't see TT becoming a more effective passer--he is what he is. But how steep a fall off is a matter of speculation.

Special teams seem to be good for at least three major penalties a game on returns. Field goals consistency should be better. Punting may be better if Schmidt is back to form. Bills KO and punt returners do not strike me as being improved at all.

What this amounts to who knows. I disagreed strongly with a number of moves Opie and the Beane made, but it would be hard to imagine that they would coach the team as poorly as Rex did--except maybe in the offensive line. We'll see if that makes a difference; I doubt it will make enough of one to make up for the personnel losses.

Please surprise me, Bills.