Lorenzo Alexander: "Sean cut the fat."

Beast

Really??? The worst move this org. has ever made was the ridiculous contract they gave this underachieving head case.

If you think that's the worst move this organization has ever made, I don't even know what to say.

That catalog is LONG and distinguished.

Dareus has lots of talent and does contribute at a high level (sometimes). Not saying he's worth the contract. But good God, this team has made so many painful moves that contract wouldn't crack the top 100!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You were apparently responding to the plural so since your were grouping and generalizing people I felt it was fair to comment. :thumbsup:

When the Bills were good in the mid-late 1990's I posted tons of positive content here on TSW......and it was insightful and much of it proved accurate or came to fruition.....hence my rep with the owner/moderators/veterans.

And my track record has remained consistent when the subject matter turned negative when the team got bad.

That's a realist....good in = good out.... bad in = bad out.

I saw these pessimists you speak of back then........but pessimists on TSW are pretty much extinct.......they vanished when the team became utterly irrelevant.........but by all means create a fictional enemy so you have something to fight about........don't want to get out of practice.........I'm sure those pessimists will be flocking back anytime now. :rolleyes: .

Insightful posts = good... Posts delivered with a condescending, dismissive, self-congratulatory tone = bad

Problem is we hear this every year from our team.

Every new Coach has the right idea, the right plan. Some fans fell in love with Chan's reputation with offense, others bought Marrone's tough guy act, I thought Rex would do better with the defense than he did.

So which is it?

New direction or more of what you just spelled out?

You still keep pushing this agenda huh. Had nothing to do with a nagging hamstring injury, Shady just didn't have his head on straight in 2015. :bag:

I heard from a very unreliable source he was concentrating on radio and would be out of league and on radio this year.

I'm pretty sure that we are going to keep Dareus at least through next year unless someone really walks in with a great trade deal. Having $14 M tied up for not having him is a large price to pay compared to $16.5 M for keeping him. Hate Whaley for giving him that contract if you like, but it's there now.

Whaley was NOT responsible for the contract.

I would just like to personally thank all the brave posters who courageously spoke out against the "Uncle Tom" comment.

Sure, it's an innocuous joke that was not intended to denigrate or disparage anyone, but it made reference to racism, and anything that references racism is itself racist. So thank you for showing us how wrong that is and how virtuous you are. Give yourselves a big pat on the back.

I would just like to personally thank all the brave posters who courageously spoke out against the "Uncle Tom" comment.

Sure, it's an innocuous joke that was not intended to denigrate or disparage anyone, but it made reference to racism, and anything that references racism is itself racist. So thank you for showing us how wrong that is and how virtuous you are. Give yourselves a big pat on the back.

Aren't you being racist by referencing racism yourself?

Dareus got cut? Or has Dareus seen the light? :flirt:

Marcell is and has been their biggest individual culture problem in the lockerroom..........I think they gnawed around the bad apple but the core is still there.

Having some difficult personalities to deal with is not an uncommon problem for coaches coming in.........that's why most figure out how to deal with these problem players and get production out of them.........and hopefully win them over rather than just try to pick followers and try to build a leadership core by overpaying a few vets to run the lockeroom(Lorax, Wood and McCoy).

Lots of assumptions and presumptions in this post. Let's look at where the Bills were: 17 years and counting of no playoffs, a total losing culture, no accountability, a dysfunctional FO with no coherent plan, and a mixed bag of a roster with a decent amount of talent.

Gone are Gilmore and Gillislee (FAs), Sammy (trade), Darby (trade), and a chitload of backups or "depth" players who won't be missed.

It seems to me McD and Beane evaluated the roster, saw which players are willing to lead by example, and are making the effort to set the standard for future Bills to follow. Dareus has been a problem, no doubt, but this new regime dealt with him quickly in a way no prior regime did. Will he get the message? None of us know.

I know McD wasn't your choice and it seems you are allowing your apparent distaste for him to color all of your opinions, but I think it's important to point out that these are just opinions because the McBeane era has no results to judge.

Edited by eball

If you think that's the worst move this organization has ever made, I don't even know what to say.

That catalog is LONG and distinguished.

Dareus has lots of talent and does contribute at a high level (sometimes). Not saying he's worth the contract. But good God, this team has made so many painful moves that contract wouldn't crack the top 100!

If Dareus doesn't work out with this staff then that contract will certainly be up there with one of the worst moves in the history of the franchise.

Worse in hindsight, but bad in foresight as well. They paid him like he was the same level as Aaron Donald or JJ Watt. Even when his head is right he's not in that caliber. And his head has never been right.

And that's not even taking into account the part of his contract that said he'd still get paid during his suspensions. Mind-boggling dumb.

....Williams was just extended....even if he became a rotational backup with one of the younger kids stepping up, he is still a viable asset......

Kyle is a free agent after this season.

Whaley was NOT responsible for the contract.

Whaley wasn't responsible for any bad decisions that occurred on his watch while he was GM. Only the good decisions. Poor guy was a victim!

If Dareus doesn't work out with this staff then that contract will certainly be up there with one of the worst moves in the history of the franchise.

Worse in hindsight, but bad in foresight as well. They paid him like he was the same level as Aaron Donald or JJ Watt. Even when his head is right he's not in that caliber. And his head has never been right.

And that's not even taking into account the part of his contract that said he'd still get paid during his suspensions. Mind-boggling dumb.

You're comparing a DE (Watt) to a DT (Dareus).

In each player's first 5 years in the league, Watt played every game while Dareus missed two games.

Watt is obviously one of the best at his position; but so is Dareus.

The only difference I can see - other then playing two entirely different positions, which makes the comparison silly in the first place - is that Watt missed 13 games due to injury last year while Dareus missed 8 games due to suspension/injury.

As far as Dareus' "head not being right," I'll assume you're talking about the bonehead suspension - and I'll agree.

But when he's on the field, he's a force.

I think he's going to have a career year this year. Here's to hoping!

...Dareus will be but Williams won't be in 2018......Dareus cap hit becomes more digestible AFTER 2018......Kirby's thread says Kyle wants "big money" to stay next year.....he'll be 35 and I doubt it...($8.3 mil in 2017)...nobody comes close as a UFA IMO...

DAREUS:

Post-6/1 Release 2019 Dead Cap: $6,400,000 2020 Dead Cap: $1,400,000 2019 Cap Savings: $11,585,000

You're comparing a DE (Watt) to a DT (Dareus).

In each player's first 5 years in the league, Watt played every game while Dareus missed two games.

Watt is obviously one of the best at his position; but so is Dareus.

The only difference I can see - other then playing two entirely different positions, which makes the comparison silly in the first place - is that Watt missed 13 games due to injury last year while Dareus missed 8 games due to suspension/injury.

As far as Dareus' "head not being right," I'll assume you're talking about the bonehead suspension - and I'll agree.

But when he's on the field, he's a force.

I think he's going to have a career year this year. Here's to hoping!

If Watt played on a 4-3 team he'd be a DT.

And it doesn't matter anyway because we're talking about contract. Dareus isn't close to the same effect on each game as Watt.

But if you don't like the Watt comparison - Aaron Donald and Ndamukong Suh. Or Geno Atkins. Or Sheldon Richardson. Or Calais Campbell. Or...

....not sure how much stock you can put into this RAP REPORT, if you consider Williams as part of the "trimming".......interesting........

Ex-Bills RB Jonathan Williams passed through waivers unclaimed.
It's a bad sign for Williams, who shined in preseason with Buffalo but was passed on by 31 teams when he hit waivers with a minimum-salary deal. Williams does have some history of off-field and medical issues, so there may be something going on with him of which we're not entirely aware. Either way, his stock in Dynasty leagues has gone back in the basement as a street free agent.
Sep 4 - 5:45 PM

....not sure how much stock you can put into this RAP REPORT, if you consider Williams as part of the "trimming".......interesting........

Ex-Bills RB Jonathan Williams passed through waivers unclaimed.

It's a bad sign for Williams, who shined in preseason with Buffalo but was passed on by 31 teams when he hit waivers with a minimum-salary deal. Williams does have some history of off-field and medical issues, so there may be something going on with him of which we're not entirely aware. Either way, his stock in Dynasty leagues has gone back in the basement as a street free agent.

Sep 4 - 5:45 PM

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

It's stuff we already knew: the injury from college and the DUI arrest.