Joe Banyard

Wayne Arnold

Just read a post saying the Bills should've retained Gillislee because Joe Banyard stinks and doesn't compare to him.

But why?

Before he signed to the Bills' practice squad in 2015 Gillislee had rushed for a grand total of 21 yards in his first 2.5 seasons in the NFL. He was cut from the Dolphins then released from the Cardinals' practice squad after a month.

Gillislee is like many professional running backs out there - he's a guy who can do some good things when he's given an opportunity. Hence the term 'dime-a-dozen'.

So now Banyard is getting his opportunity with the Bills. Why can't Banyard do what Gillislee did? Even though he's 28 he has little-to-no wear-and-tear on his body. Roughly the same height and weight as Gillislee. Banyard ran a 4.46 40 at the combine years ago compared to Gillislee's 4.57.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-A5APPj-GM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnw-9Cmi_jk

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked what I saw in him, and I suspect it came down to a very close call between him and J will.

As for your question about why some say he stinks and doesn't compare to MG, I think you know the answer. It stems from the seeming desire of some fans to blindly bash whatever the Bills do to make themselves feel important on a message board, to rile up others fans of the team, or it's some kind of bizarre psychological defense mechanism. I lean towards the latter myself.

And don't throw any facts out there like you did. It only makes their affliction worse.

I liked what I saw in him, and I suspect it came down to a very close call between him and J will.

As for your question about why some say he stinks and doesn't compare to MG, I think you know the answer. It stems from the seeming desire of some fans to blindly bash whatever the Bills do to make themselves feel important on a message board, to rile up others fans of the team, or it's some kind of bizarre psychological defense mechanism. I lean towards the latter myself.

And don't throw any facts out there like you did. It only makes their affliction worse.

MG has proven that he can play at the pro level. It's still TBD on Banyard.

I dont think the issue was ever not resigning TD Mike, the issue was not putting a higher round tender on him. Should have learned from the lesson the year before with Hogan.

To your point on Banyard, reminds me a lot of TD Mike. But he has to show he can hold onto the ball.

If the Bills put a high tender on him then they are guaranteeing him a higher salary when they have cheaper options and may get about the same production. MG is no shady. The Bills OLine opened a lot of holes for MG.

"We were able to let Mike Gillislee go because of J Williams." Just another lie they feed us. Wait till the Jets shred this team.

That's the spirit.

Bet your family/friends are really looking forward to watching the game with you this Sunday. (sarcasm)

I hate when people compare numbers like 40yd dash & cone drills...Some running backs just have natural instincts & comprehension skills most people lack...like common sense! I remember watching M.Lynch on the bills, i hated when he jumped step and brake dance near defenders, i thought wow if only he would just move forward instead of sideways. Well Lynch sure did well in Seattle

I dont think the issue was ever not resigning TD Mike, the issue was not putting a higher round tender on him. Should have learned from the lesson the year before with Hogan.

To your point on Banyard, reminds me a lot of TD Mike. But he has to show he can hold onto the ball.

McDermott put an appropriate tender on him - 5th round. Hogan (the average receiver who had a whopping 5 yards receiving last night) was a different story because they didn't get anything for him.