Report: Bills Add $2.5M in Incentives to Shady's Contract

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Losing Gillislee sucked, but I'm still not ready to put 100% of the blame on McDermott. I am sure he was heavily involved, but The Gillislee original round tender and not matching is exactly the same thing that happened with Hogan the year before. Seems like Whaley's MO to me.

At the very least I think McDermott was relying heavily on Whaley & his staff for their help with personnel evaluations, and I'd be willing to bet that Whaley thought that J. Williams could step right in and fill Gillislee's role, just like Gillislee did with Karlos Williams. Or Whaley thought he could replace Gilly with that 5th round pick (where he drafted both Karlos and Jonathan Williams).

McDermott hadn't been here long st that point and hadn't coached these guys yet, maybe hadn't even met em...

It's a moot point though, because we will probably never know for sure, and I'm not saying that it wasn't 100% McDermott. I'm just saying that I don't like assuming it was because none of us know.

Anyway... honestly I'd take Nate Peterman over Gillislee at this point (we used the Pats 5th to draft him). QB is a much greater area of need for this team than backup RB is.

The bolded wasn't this FO. That's not a defense of this incentive bonus move, but it wasn't them twice. They didn't already do it.

Yes, the Bills did. It's Terry Pegula's money. And yes, it's so illogical that it can only BE a defense of the move. This isn't a change of team situation like when he was traded to Buffalo.........and even then they should have told him no.

My sentiments exactly.

And as I said in another thread.......they ALREADY re-signed/rewarded him unnecessarily ONCE in 2015 with 3 seasons still left on his Philly contract :lol: :doh: .........meaning his unamortized Philly bonus is in his pocket for 2017 too but doesn't show up in his cap figure.

With that pocketed Philly money and his bonuses he's going to be making what Lev Bell will make on the franchise tag.........with no leverage and guarantees still in hand that Lev Bell DOES NOT have.

My big concern when they signed him was that we'd see nothing more than the RB that we ended up seeing in his first year as a Bill in 2015......around league average ypc, injuries and malcontented.......they got ONE season of better play but he's still had about 100 less carries per year than expected and now he needs incentives to do what? What they gave him $26M in new guarantees for in the first place? :lol:

Billsy. :thumbsup:

Agreed 100%.

What does Beane want, to be seen as Mr Nice GM?

So this added incentive, is McCoy suddenly going to work harder? If he does then something was wrong in the first place.

What team just throws money at players already with a good contract?

All posters saying what a great move this is understand next time we let a go player go because we cant afford him.

Stupid move.

Agreed 100%.

What does Beane want, to be seen as Mr Nice GM?

So this added incentive, is McCoy suddenly going to work harder? If he does then something was wrong in the first place.

What team just throws money at players already with a good contract?

All posters saying what a great move this is understand next time we let a go player go because we cant afford him.

Stupid move.

Yup.

Nothing to gain.

He was going to play just as hard and he wasn't going to turn away carries.

He gets $100 for every word over 1000 and an extra million if he gets a Marconi Award at the end of the season.

Hey don't feed the troll..........he thinks you are mentally ill for not liking the throwing incentive money at Shady. :lol:

The troll would be the guy who makes the prediction that Shady wouldn't just be out of Buffalo, but out of the NFL before he turned 30 because he "hit the wall" three years ago.

The troll would be the guy who makes a bet, backs out of said bet because he lacks testicular fortitude to back up his bullshite, and then still tries to talk shite about that bet.

The troll would be the guy who's so mentally unhinged he PMs people uninvited and deranged diatribes about nonsense hoping to make their point.

The troll would be the guy who does nothing but talk down to people on this board, move the goal posts after his arguments have been shown to be hot air, and who completely lacks any discernible sense of humor.

So tell us again, Badnuts, when does Shady's radio show start this week?

u play well, yer actually available for the majority of games, your a leader, you get paid. its that simple. no problem with OBD rewarding a player who deserves it.

shelling out money for potential is just bad business. prove youre worth it, get paid.

The troll would be the guy who makes the prediction that Shady wouldn't just be out of Buffalo, but out of the NFL before he turned 30 because he "hit the wall" three years ago.

The troll would be the guy who makes a bet, backs out of said bet because he lacks testicular fortitude to back up his bullshite, and then still tries to talk shite about that bet.

The troll would be the guy who's so mentally unhinged he PMs people uninvited and deranged diatribes about nonsense hoping to make their point.

The troll would be the guy who does nothing but talk down to people on this board, move the goal posts after his arguments have been shown to be hot air, and who completely lacks any discernible sense of humor.

So tell us again, Badnuts, when does Shady's radio show start this week?

Don't you mean intestinal fortitude? :flirt:

We make a good team.....Badnuts and Badguts. :lol:

Are you EVER going to return to talking about football or beating this dead horse to death?

Shady was a disappointment in 2015 just as I expected.

He turned it around in 2016......as I said he could right here on TSW........ AT HIS LOWEST POINT as a Bill right after his injury in Washington........and I actually provided a statistical prediction.....5.5 ypc......and he ran for 5.4.

Nothing swami-like........just an understanding of what he was doing wrong from a football and team player perspective.

But you are hung up on a throwaway line about radio. :doh:

I apologize that you feel that upset about THAT.........but this nonsense you are trying to sell about this bet we had is absurd.........and I have no respect for you as a result.

As I explained to you a partner of mine in CA passed very unexpectedly.....stroke at 52........ during the timeline of this "bet"........I went out to CA to help his family for a couple of weeks.........and when I came back I asked if the bet was on you said yes........but unknown to me......you had refused my original terms while I was gone.

Simple as THAT.....a miscommunication that you've blown so far out of whack that it's utterly absurd.......and frankly disrespectful of a much more important matter......the death of another human being.

So keep being a childish douchebag and I will in-turn continue to mock and utterly disrespect you and your problems.

Sound fair or shall we move on? :thumbsup: (I could have said this in a pm but, you know, I wasn't invited :rolleyes: )

giphy.gif

As I explained to you a partner of mine in CA passed very unexpectedly.....stroke at 52........ during the timeline of this "bet"........I went out to CA to help his family for a couple of weeks.........and when I came back I asked if the bet was on you said yes........but unknown to me......you had refused my original terms while I was gone.

Simple as THAT.....a miscommunication that you've blown so far out of whack that it's utterly absurd.......and frankly disrespectful of a much more important matter......the death of another human being.

You never explained that, that's new information. Sorry for your loss.

You never explained that, that's new information. Sorry for your loss.

Oh I CLEARLY explained.......you just weren't listening........too busy finding mediocre gifs to respond with quickly and not actually READING the responses.

Case in point above.

Oh I CLEARLY explained.......you just weren't listening........too busy finding mediocre gifs to respond with quickly and not actually READING the responses.

Case in point above.

No you didn't explain that. With your propensity to lie, I'm not sure I really believe that to begin with. But even if it's an imaginary loss, I'm still sorry for your loss.

Had you explained your, situation (which you had years to do btw), it still wouldn't have made a difference since the terms of the bet never changed - something you refuse to admit because you're a narcissistic windbag.

You're allergic to admitting you were wrong and have shown time and time again that you will go to any length to avoid it.

Why?

Because you lack a working set of testicles, Badnuts.