Red Sox Caught cheating too

frogger

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/05/sports/baseball/boston-red-sox-stealing-signs-yankees.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fsports&action=click&contentCollection=sports&region=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=sectionfront

The Yankees, who had long been suspicious of the Red Sox stealing catchers’ signs in Fenway Park, contended the video showed a member of the Red Sox training staff looking at his Apple Watch in the dugout and then relaying a message to players, who may have then been able to use the information to know the type of pitch that was going to be thrown, according to the people familiar with the case.

Baseball investigators corroborated the Yankees’ claims based on video the commissioner’s office uses for instant replay and broadcasts, the people said. The commissioner’s office then confronted the Red Sox, who admitted that their trainers had received signals from video replay personnel and then relayed that information to some players — an operation that had been in place for at least several weeks.

Is sign stealing really cheating? I tend to think not.

Edit: just read the article. Using tech to steal signs is definitely cheating. Using your own two eyes and brain, not cheating.

agree, a player or coach seeing a sign themselves and relaying it back to other players or coaches isn't cheating. Using cameras, equipment not normally part of the game/field of play or players/coaches not normally on the field to detect and relay signs is cheating.

It's always funny that it's the teams that shouldn't need to cheat are the ones that get caught doing it

How those Boston teams like to cheat!!!

Is sign stealing really cheating? I tend to think not.

Edit: just read the article. Using tech to steal signs is definitely cheating. Using your own two eyes and brain, not cheating.

I agree.

Same in football. If you see it, fine. But when the electronics, computers, cameras, radio, etc... go into service... Then it is crossing into cheating.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/05/sports/baseball/boston-red-sox-stealing-signs-yankees.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fsports&action=click&contentCollection=sports&region=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=sectionfront

The Yankees, who had long been suspicious of the Red Sox stealing catchers signs in Fenway Park, contended the video showed a member of the Red Sox training staff looking at his Apple Watch in the dugout and then relaying a message to players, who may have then been able to use the information to know the type of pitch that was going to be thrown, according to the people familiar with the case.

Baseball investigators corroborated the Yankees claims based on video the commissioners office uses for instant replay and broadcasts, the people said. The commissioners office then confronted the Red Sox, who admitted that their trainers had received signals from video replay personnel and then relayed that information to some players an operation that had been in place for at least several weeks.

That's over the top. Cheating. Who knows whay Belicheaty is getting away with. Probably taught his cross town, Bay State Buddies. Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Big Yankee fan here, I always considered attempting to stealing signs in baseball as strategy....that said.....F the Sawx!!!!!

Big Yankee hater here :D

But I agree, it's strategy. And if you think the guy on second (or the guy with the Apple watch) is stealing signs, show him the curve sign and bring it high and tight to the batter. Problem solved.

Yeah... But you go down the rabbit hole with electronics... Look what an abortion football has become since the cut the headset cord... It's a real mess... Helmet mics, etc... That game needs to be eviscerated of the over use of electronics.

Baseball getting it right. Vacate the wins... It will stop, the BS that is, real quick!

I've said for a while that Brady is still getting signals or some sort of electronic communication long past the cutoff point. Probably from the non-coach Adams (I think that's his name) who is allowed in the coaches box and a headset to communicate to anyone on the other end.

• 1 month later...