Why are you so sure we aren't a playoff team?

I think we could still win more.

Hmmm. I hope you are right. I think playing the first of the top QBs on our schedule next week will give me a better feel.

We don't have to beat Ryan and the Falcons but we have to play them tough for me to believe that we can upset a Carr or a Brees or a Brady down the road. If we lose to Ryan and those 3 we would have no margin for error to get to 10.

I agree with that but we still have a really tough slate of QBs to play. I have said all offseason... we could play better and win fewer games.

But today is a day to be really proud. The team played well and looked well prepared and well coached.

So realistically.... I still think Houston makes a run at it.. then it is Denver and after that we are in the mix potentially. Just not sure I see 10 wins on out slate. If we can get in 9-7 having gone 7-5 in the AFC then yes it is believable.

While I love Watson and think he is going to be a very good QB, I don't expect it to be this year. Houston's offense is very vulnerable and they are 1 or 2 injuries away from having an ordinary defense.

We should at least be excited about what we have seen so far. This team may just claw their way into the hunt in December. And NE defense? Don't tell me we have no chance of beating them once.

Of course we do. This is a pretty good team. We need to stay healthy and have a few things break our way,like all playoff teams. There was never any reason to think this team would not be at least as good as last year's 7-8 team, or better when the Ryan Brothers are removed from the equation. Coaching was really all that separated the Bills from the Dolphins last year.

You can't assume everything from the previous season will simply carry over. Especially with new coaches, players, systems etc. those are plenty of reasons to think they may not be as good. We still don't know. They didn't lose their first two this year, so that's a big help. Still issues to clear up, they are hardly out of the woods yet. This offense still isn't as good as last years at this point. The D is much improved. They aren't beating themselves as much and it shows. They have an outside shot because they still play in the East and if Brady is healthy the Pats win it. That's a big disadvantage from other teams.

Hmmm. I hope you are right. I think playing the first of the top QBs on our schedule next week will give me a better feel.

We don't have to beat Ryan and the Falcons but we have to play them tough for me to believe that we can upset a Carr or a Brees or a Brady down the road. If we lose to Ryan and those 3 we would have no margin for error to get to 10.

I think we have a. chance next week, but only if Dennison doesn't try to win by running on first down and controlling the clock. Tyrod can do some good thing when we open up the offense and that's what we'll have to do.

While I love Watson and think he is going to be a very good QB, I don't expect it to be this year. Houston's offense is very vulnerable and they are 1 or 2 injuries away from having an ordinary defense.

We should at least be excited about what we have seen so far. This team may just claw their way into the hunt in December. And NE defense? Don't tell me we have no chance of beating them once.

You may beat NE defense. But from what I've seen they won't beat Brady.

I think we have a. chance next week, but only if Dennison doesn't try to win by running on first down and controlling the clock. Tyrod can do some good thing when we open up the offense and that's what we'll have to do.

Put it this way... if we beat or go very close to beating Atlanta next week, whether by keeping up with them on offense or stopping them on defense, then I will be fully bought into our playoff chase. As it is I just don't think this team is ready to win 10 games.

Put it this way... if we beat or go very close to beating Atlanta next week, whether by keeping up with them on offense or stopping them on defense, then I will be fully bought into our playoff chase. As it is I just don't think this team is ready to win 10 games.

If the 2016 Dolphins can make the playoffs, then the 2017 Bills certainly can.

Every time we win is it just going to be "next week is going to give me a better feel" for some of you?

That's the sense I get.

And of course, we aren't in the playoffs until we're in the playoffs. But can we just pretty definitively say this team is better than the vast majority expected?

The problem I see is the Bills have a conservative offense. It can be successful with a good defense and minimal mistakes. We saw this in the Bills running the ball two straight drives to try for field goals instead of touchdowns only coming away with one field goal. It was enough to win but if the defense didnt stop the Broncos it could have gone the other way. I think you try for touchdowns and settle for field goals. Most Bills games will be close games and they dont have the offensive horsepower to put up a lot of points if the defense cant limit high scoring offenses like Falcons, Saints, and Pats

Every time we win is it just going to be "next week is going to give me a better feel" for some of you?

That's the sense I get.

And of course, we aren't in the playoffs until we're in the playoffs. But can we just pretty definitively say this team is better than the vast majority expected?

Well, no. I predicted us to be 3-0 preseason. So whilst I am encouraged today we are a game behind where I think we needed to be... I only got us to 8-8 even after a 3-0 start. The QBs on the schedule are a big challenge. We have played 2 of the worst we will play and 1 middling one who is playing terribly. The first time we face a legitimate contender next week is an important measuring stick.

Well, no. I predicted us to be 3-0 preseason. So whilst I am encouraged today we are a game behind where I think we needed to be... I only got us to 8-8 even after a 3-0 start. The QBs on the schedule are a big challenge. We have played 2 of the worst we will play and 1 middling one who is playing terribly. The first time we face a legitimate contender next week is an important measuring stick.

i expected 2-2 after next week. I'm getting more confident about the home games now. For example, I pegged the Raiders as a loss, but not the way they look tonight.

If we can split Altanta and Raiders we are in fine shape, IMHO. Pats are shaky right now, but hooded one will probably right the ship somehow. That D looked bad against Texans though. And bad against Chefs. Did not see any of their Ain'ts game. And Miami - I have no respect for them. We should have beat them twice last year, and we were a joke in many ways. Lose to the Jets by 20? I know it wasn't actually 20, but they scored in garbage time. We COULD (not saying will) win the division.

If we can split Altanta and Raiders we are in fine shape, IMHO. Pats are shaky right now, but hooded one will probably right the ship somehow. That D looked bad against Texans though. And bad against Chefs. Did not see any of their Ain'ts game. And Miami - I have no respect for them. We should have beat them twice last year, and we were a joke in many ways. Lose to the Jets by 20? I know it wasn't actually 20, but they scored in garbage time. We COULD (not saying will) win the division.

Their D is pretty rough...no pass rush, front 7 is weakest its been in a while...they are going to have to outscore teams this year, but they are well equipped to do so...

Edited by matter2003

• 3 weeks later...