Boldin does want to play football

MAJBobby

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The link doesn't mention Boldin at all, what is everyone talking about?

Umm of course it does. Even pulled out a couple posts below

But here it is again

■ In light of Edelmans injury, a league source said the Patriots and recently retired Anquan Boldin had mutual interest in bringing Boldin to New England this offseason, and he remains intrigued by the possibility. But the point is likely moot. Boldin signed with the Bills, and was placed on Buffalos reserve/retired list Aug. 22. That means the Bills retain his rights, and they would need to release him in order to let him sign with the Patriots. That sort of cooperation from a division rival doesnt seem likely.

Edited by MAJBobby

This is a lot of outrage for a "league source" mentioned in one bullet point in one random article. Can't find anything else about this anywhere. I think it's more likely the Boston Globe writer was confused.

Umm of course it does. Even pulled out a couple posts below

But here it is again

■ In light of Edelmans injury, a league source said the Patriots and recently retired Anquan Boldin had mutual interest in bringing Boldin to New England this offseason, and he remains intrigued by the possibility. But the point is likely moot. Boldin signed with the Bills, and was placed on Buffalos reserve/retired list Aug. 22. That means the Bills retain his rights, and they would need to release him in order to let him sign with the Patriots. That sort of cooperation from a division rival doesnt seem likely.

That was my bad, deleted the post. I used ctrl F for "Boldin" then realized the whole article wasn't expanded. Not my finest moment. But that's a very vague quote and I don't believe it offhand. Edited by HappyDays

This is a lot of outrage for a "league source" mentioned in one bullet point in one random article. Can't find anything else about this anywhere. I think it's more likely the Boston Globe writer was confused.

That was my bad, deleted the post. I used ctrl F for "Boldin" then realized the whole article wasn't expanded. Not my finest moment. But that's a very vague quote and I don't believe it offhand.

Then Bills should release his rights. He will stay retired i am sure.

Considering he has yet tk officially file his paperwork with the league

Edited by MAJBobby

Release him. He's older and wants a ring and Superbowl. After his hardwork over the years (not for us) give him that.

--------------

What a slap in the face this is from a supposedly so call "Man of the Year" award winner? Lots of integrity and honor in this gesture huh. Tell you what Anquan. Maybe you can coax BB and Kraft to give up a 2nd round pick for your rights. Other than that you can go f()@k yourself you transparent piece of bull dung.

Speaking of retirement.

I know alot liked this kid in the draft

Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo)

9/3/17, 11:10 AM

Redskins S Su'a Cravens might be taken off the active roster soon, source says. As @AdamSchefter reported, he mulled retirement.

Then Bills should release his rights. He will stay retired i am sure.

Considering he has yet tk officially file his paperwork with the league

Do you have a source for that? How long does the retirement paperwork normally take? Sorry I'm not buying some random league source mentioned in this article. That's a bigger story than the beat writer who put this together realizes, if he knew what he was writing that would have been the headline. Do a search, there is no mention of this in any other publication. It is far more likely that, for example, Boldin and the Patriots had once spoken about him going there and the writer misunderstood what the league source had told him.

1) he tried to not embarrass Buffalo by saying he thought they were a joke after the moves they made.

2). He wasn't given what he was promised when he signed here.

3). I would try to get a 7th but with a guy that respected, you just release him.

My goodness, some commonsense here. Boldin is not the bad guy.

Meh. I dont have a hard line stance in situations like this -- normally i likely say hold the rights to avoid making the competition better. In this case, I'm fine with whatever. I think hes toast and don't think we are pushing our chips on the table - so if a long term vet who was here for a week of practice decided this wasn't the fit for him, go do you dude.

Loser's mentality

I have to say, I can't really get mad at him...I mean, if he lied about wanting to make the world a better place, that is one thing...but it seems like the bills might have been somewhat disingenuous with him (similar to how a lot of fans feel)...he joined a team with some pretty good talent that he thought had a shot at the playoffs...I'm sure he didn't think the team was going to trade away two of it's best players and stockpile picks for the following year, when he isn't even going to be here.

Did it ever occur to some of you that Boldin can save the world from evil AND play for the Patriots* at the same time??

Runs away from the Bills after a few ballsy trades and retires because the situation looks hopeless.

In the following week he soothes race relations across the country and does what folks have been trying to do for centuries.

We are porked!!!!

Do you have a source for that? How long does the retirement paperwork normally take? Sorry I'm not buying some random league source mentioned in this article. That's a bigger story than the beat writer who put this together realizes, if he knew what he was writing that would have been the headline. Do a search, there is no mention of this in any other publication. It is far more likely that, for example, Boldin and the Patriots had once spoken about him going there and the writer misunderstood what the league source had told him.

Hasnt been written about yet, officially filing his paperwork. Take with a grain of salt but buddies of mine that work at various locations in NFL said he hasnt.

Ala Cutler never filed his, insisted done playing well guess not.

Romo never filed his is another one

Vick as well

One thing to say your retired another to actually retire and start drawing the benefits

He should be allowed to play wherever he wants to play and for whatever organization that would be willing to take him on. His signing here made little sense for our team that is undergoing a transtion.

I doubt that New England is very interested in him because they just got another receiver in their trade with the Colts.

No he really shouldn't be allowed. It would set a precedence that anytime a player wants out of his contract all he has to do is retire and then can go where he wants to. He signed here. That's his problem.

1) he tried to not embarrass Buffalo by saying he thought they were a joke after the moves they made.

2). He wasn't given what he was promised when he signed here.

3). I would try to get a 7th but with a guy that respected, you just release him.

Totally agree with 1 and 2.

I do, however, think that letting someone go for nothing - when something can be had - is bad business. This is a business and the Bills don't owe him squat.

I have nothing against Boldin and - as I stated earlier - he did/is doing the smart thing.

But Beane would be crazy, IMO, to release him and get nothing in return.