Baker Mayfield...

KellyToughII

Stats ATT COMP YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

19 20 329 95.0 16.45 51 3 0 1 282.7

In the first half....

I would like to add, he has read through to his 4th Option at least a couple times and has hit 10 different WR's

He is a great college QB.

He is on the small side though.

2-4 round pick with some Upside if he can play in an NFL system.

Stats ATT COMP YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

19 20 329 95.0 16.45 51 3 0 1 282.7

In the first half....

I would like to add, he has read through to his 4th Option at least a couple times and has hit 10 different WR's

That's a helluva first half. Heck...that's a helluva game.

Baker Mayfield is a complete and total a-hole. He was a walk on at Texas Tech and had a good freshman year but then demanded he be given the starting job over Mahomes without competing and earning it. Coach said no so he just left without telling anyone and enrolled at Oklahoma without even telling Stoops or asking if he could have an opportunity to walk on. Oklahoma is in the same conference and Texas Tech still held his rights so they blocked the transfer and Mayfield wasn't able to play in 2015 as a result. He won the job in 2016 and obviously had a great year, 4th in Heisman voting. Then he got arrested for public intoxication and trying to run from the cops. There's a pretty funny video of 3 cops tackling him. Somehow he wasn't suspended for that incident. He also keeps a "hit list" on his phone for anyone that has ever said anything bad about him that he says he uses for motivation. Biggest knock on him besides being an a-hole is that he's only about 5'11ish. He's probably a 4th round or later guy but might be worth a look. Jim Kelly was a huge a-hole too and that worked out well. You need to have a chip on your shoulder to be great. He might not be the prototypical passer but he might win you some games. Worth a late round look

We'll learn a lot about Mayfield in his game against Ohio State this weekend. He'll face a defense that has a top-end line but a shaky secondary. We'll see what he does when presented with a combination of bright lights, physical pressure, and what should be several opportunities to find his receivers downfield.

We'll learn a lot about Mayfield in his game against Ohio State this weekend. He'll face a defense that has a top-end line but a shaky secondary. We'll see what he does when presented with a combination of bright lights, physical pressure, and what should be several opportunities to find his receivers downfield.

just read that Tate Martell is "scout team" Baker Mayfield. They are clones in many ways as far as size and playing style. It's perfect.

I won't be surprised if Oklahoma wins because mayfield has looked great and OSU secondary needs a lot of fine tuning with the newbies. Bracing myself for the usual hours of misery and just hoping for the eventual payoff if they can pull it off.

Did you see this though:

Oklahoma OL says OSU DL is "right up there" with KU😳

https://t.co/GJmjNowu6k?amp=1

Edited by YoloinOhio

just read that Tate Martell is "scout team" Baker Mayfield. They are clones in many ways as far as size and playing style. It's perfect.

I won't be surprised if Oklahoma wins because mayfield has looked great and OSU secondary needs a lot of fine tuning with the newbies. Bracing myself for the usual hours of misery and just hoping for the eventual payoff if they can pull it off.

Did you see this though:

Oklahoma OL says OSU DL is "right up there" with KU

https://t.co/GJmjNowu6k?amp=1

Smart :doh:

Hilarious that anyone on Oklahoma said anything after the "basic defense" comment blew up in their faces last year. :lol:

Anyway, maybe this belongs in a different thread, but one thing for Bills fans to watch in this game is the play of Oklahoma TE Mark Andrews. OSU had LB Jerome Baker covering Indiana's TE last week and, well, it didn't work. Andrews looks like a pro in the making and might have a huge game.

Hilarious that anyone on Oklahoma said anything after the "basic defense" comment blew up in their faces last year. :lol:

Anyway, maybe this belongs in a different thread, but one thing for Bills fans to watch in this game is the play of Oklahoma TE Mark Andrews. OSU had LB Jerome Baker covering Indiana's TE last week and, well, it didn't work. Andrews looks like a pro in the making and might have a huge game.

and Andrews had a TD in the game last year. I thought Baker would be the best matchup there too last week on IU's TE but I did see that there was a pick play on him that wasn't called. Actually, their OL was obviously holding the entire game. IU had 98 (!) pass plays and zero holding calls 🤔

Baker Mayfield is a complete and total a-hole. He was a walk on at Texas Tech and had a good freshman year but then demanded he be given the starting job over Mahomes without competing and earning it. Coach said no so he just left without telling anyone and enrolled at Oklahoma without even telling Stoops or asking if he could have an opportunity to walk on. Oklahoma is in the same conference and Texas Tech still held his rights so they blocked the transfer and Mayfield wasn't able to play in 2015 as a result. He won the job in 2016 and obviously had a great year, 4th in Heisman voting. Then he got arrested for public intoxication and trying to run from the cops. There's a pretty funny video of 3 cops tackling him. Somehow he wasn't suspended for that incident. He also keeps a "hit list" on his phone for anyone that has ever said anything bad about him that he says he uses for motivation. Biggest knock on him besides being an a-hole is that he's only about 5'11ish. He's probably a 4th round or later guy but might be worth a look. Jim Kelly was a huge a-hole too and that worked out well. You need to have a chip on your shoulder to be great. He might not be the prototypical passer but he might win you some games. Worth a late round look

Doesn't really sound like a McBeane type of guy...I see the Bills passing on him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.