2018 Mock drafts and top prospects

Watkins101

I sure hope so, Watkins101!

I watched pretty much the whole game of Washington State vs Oregon this past weekend and man, Falk is such a statue. Reminds me of Bledsoe obviously but I just don't see him lasting long in the NFL with all the hits he will be taking.

Oh, and I had a chance to play on there again today, LOL'd at my first two picks:

1: R1P22
WR JAMES WASHINGTON
OKLAHOMA STATE
2: R1P32
QB MASON RUDOLPH
OKLAHOMA STATE
3: R2P20
DL DERRICK NNADI
FLORIDA STATE
4: R2P22
G TAYLOR HEARN
CLEMSON
5: R3P22
OT CHUKWUMA OKORAFOR
WESTERN MICHIGAN
6: R3P27
S JUSTIN REID
STANFORD
7: R4P22
RB KAMRYN PETTWAY
AUBURN
8: R5P22
EDGE JOE OSTMAN
CENTRAL MICHIGAN

@MatthewFairburn

Bills are on bye, so I did another 2018 NFL Mock Draft in which the Bills are picking too late for a QB: http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/10/2018_nfl_mock_draft_what_if_buffalo_bills_are_picking_too_late_for_a_quarterback.html

26. Buffalo Bills: Auden Tate, WR, Florida State

We finally arrive at the Buffalo Bills' first of two first-round selections. Five quarterbacks are off the board, putting the Bills in a tough spot. They desperately need a wide receiver, but could also stand to upgrade at defensive tackle, linebacker and offensive line. At this point, Florida State's Auden Tate makes a ton of sense. The Bills lack a player with Tate's size and physicality who can win at the catch point. Carolina always favored the wide receivers with size, so maybe Buffalo will, too.

32. Buffalo Bills (via Chiefs): Derrick Nnadi, DT, Florida State

The Bills double up on Florida State prospects by taking defensive tackle Derrick Nnadi. Washington State quarterback Luke Falk could certainly be in the mix year, but it's tough to see the Bills landing a top signal caller without moving up in the first round. Instead, Buffalo addresses a need at defensive tackle. Kyle Williams is getting closer to retirement, and Marcell Dareus might not be long for the roster. Derrick Nnadi fits the mold of an experienced, productive player who could step right in and start for the Bills.

Haha. This is going to be correct and its such Bills move. Trade Sammy and Dareus and use 1st round picks on their replacements!!! And we can draft a qb in the 4th to battle it out with our 5th round qb.

I had some time to try one.

22: R1P22
DL LOWELL LOTULELEI
UTAH
32: R1P32
G MARTEZ IVEY
FLORIDA
52: R2P20
WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN
NOTRE DAME
54: R2P22
QB LUKE FALK
WASHINGTON STATE
86: R3P22
RB MYLES GASKIN
WASHINGTON
91: R3P27
LB CAMERON SMITH
USC
124: R4P22
LB JASON CABINDA
PENN STATE
160: R5P22
WR AUDEN TATE
FLORIDA STATE
I was estatic with Auden Tate in the fifth, I had thought he was already taken. Unfortunately, I couldnt find an OT I wanted, when I wanted.

I had some time to try one.

DL LOWELL LOTULELEI
UTAH
G MARTEZ IVEY
FLORIDA
52: R2P20
WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN
NOTRE DAME
QB LUKE FALK
WASHINGTON STATE
RB MYLES GASKIN
WASHINGTON
91: R3P27
LB CAMERON SMITH
USC
LB JASON CABINDA
PENN STATE
WR AUDEN TATE
FLORIDA STATE
I was estatic with Auden Tate in the fifth, I had thought he was already taken. Unfortunately, I couldnt find an OT I wanted, when I wanted.

Wow, that would be nice!

The draft Gods were OK to me today:

WR CHRISTIAN KIRK
TEXAS A&M
EDGE BRADLEY CHUBB
NORTH CAROLINA STATE
3: R2P20
QB LUKE FALK
WASHINGTON STATE
4: R2P22
OT GERON CHRISTIAN
LOUISVILLE
G TYRONE CROWDER
CLEMSON
6: R3P27
DL REGINALD MCKENZIE
TENNESSEE
S DOMINICK SANDERS
GEORGIA
LB KENNY YOUNG
UCLA

Luke Falk might be as good as Case Keenum. Might. I dont get the love.

Yes, the similarities to Bledsoe and statues are pretty striking.

I'm warming up to the idea of Mayfield, would be a bargain:

DL VITA VEA
WASHINGTON
QB BAKER MAYFIELD
OKLAHOMA
3: R2P22
WR DEON CAIN
CLEMSON
4: R2P26
OT JAMARCO JONES
OHIO STATE
G TYRONE CROWDER
CLEMSON
6: R3P31
RB MYLES GASKIN
WASHINGTON
CB ANTHONY AVERETT
ALABAMA
EDGE LORENZO CARTER
GEORGIA

Yes, the similarities to Bledsoe and statues are pretty striking.

I'm warming up to the idea of Mayfield, would be a bargain:

DL VITA VEA
WASHINGTON
QB BAKER MAYFIELD
OKLAHOMA
3: R2P22
WR DEON CAIN
CLEMSON
4: R2P26
OT JAMARCO JONES
OHIO STATE
G TYRONE CROWDER
CLEMSON
6: R3P31
RB MYLES GASKIN
WASHINGTON
CB ANTHONY AVERETT
ALABAMA
EDGE LORENZO CARTER
GEORGIA

The qb we select should be taken with our higher first round pick. There are so many teams, including legacy teams such as the Giants, Steeler, Cardinals, Chargers etc, that will need qbs. Why risk losing a qb you prefer by waiting at the risk of another team jumping up ahead of us? Although at this point I am not wedded to any particular qb I like Mayfield a lot. If we wait until the bottom of the first round there is a good chance he will be gone by then.

There comes a point where you need to be committed to take action and address the qb position. The history of the Bills is that while it has acted passively on the qb issue other teams have taken the qbs we were considering. Making a mistake because of you are aggressive is less of mistake than making a mistake because you are too passive. Enough is enough!

I swear that I wrote this before you posted this, I just have a forgetful editor :D

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/19/2018-nfl-mock-draft-bills-baker-mayfield-simmie-cobbs-vita-vea/

If you make Mayfield the first pick you and I will be riding on the same bus. If you favor another qb and still make him the first selection I will still allow you to stay on the bus with a clean and a pleasantly aromatic bathroom. Why wait and take a risk of losing your preferred qb prospect who surely will also be considered by other teams.

The Bills have a surplus of picks giving them flexibility in the draft. We have to make it a priority to solidify the qb position and then move on with building the roster. Let's not mess around and lose out by getting cute in the draft. I would rather the Bills make a mistake on a qb by drafting sooner rather than later and losing out.

The Bills have not had a legitimate franchise qb for a quarter center. That is a disgrace and an embarrassment. How many times are we going to lose out by dithering? Enough is enough!

I swear that I wrote this before you posted this, I just have a forgetful editor :D

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/19/2018-nfl-mock-draft-bills-baker-mayfield-simmie-cobbs-vita-vea/

I would LOVE this draft!! The only thing that I may swap out is Igwebuike for a RB or OL. I think Castillo is the problem with the OL so I may lean RB if they dump that bum. Add a FA OL and you'll be fine. I like Igwebuike's game but once he turned down the Bucks, he became dead to me.

If you make Mayfield the first pick you and I will be riding on the same bus. If you favor another qb and still make him the first selection I will still allow you to stay on the bus with a clean and a pleasantly aromatic bathroom. Why wait and take a risk of losing your preferred qb prospect who surely will also be considered by other teams.

The Bills have a surplus of picks giving them flexibility in the draft. We have to make it a priority to solidify the qb position and then move on with building the roster. Let's not mess around and lose out by getting cute in the draft. I would rather the Bills make a mistake on a qb by drafting sooner rather than later and losing out.

The Bills have not had a legitimate franchise qb for a quarter center. That is a disgrace and an embarrassment. How many times are we going to lose out by dithering? Enough is enough!

We can go Mayfield/Nnadi and get a similar outcome, wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I was using a mixture of 3 different set of rankings and my own early grades, Vea seemed like a clear BPA (I think mid-20's would be an absoloute steal). Remember that it's 6 months out and it's just a concept piece :D

I would LOVE this draft!! The only thing that I may swap out is Igwebuike for a RB or OL. I think Castillo is the problem with the OL so I may lean RB if they dump that bum. Add a FA OL and you'll be fine. I like Igwebuike's game but once he turned down the Bucks, he became dead to me.

I won't lie, I had you in mind with the Campbell pick. Risk/reward guy but after taking a closer look at him, I think he could develop into something exceptional.

If the piece went to a 4th round, the pick was going to be OG Wyatt Teller of VT for now. Like every year, I'm behind on OL because they take so long for me to study. I'm playing a long game with the OL to see if Groy gets any RG reps. If not, I'd happily take a mid-rounder to develop and maybe Shawn Lauvao or Matt Slauson on a two-year deal as a stopgap. Skins fans hate Lauvao but he's been alright this year after some dodgy tape since they signed him.

We can go Mayfield/Nnadi and get a similar outcome, wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I was using a mixture of 3 different set of rankings and my own early grades, Vea seemed like a clear BPA (I think mid-20's would be an absoloute steal). Remember that it's 6 months out and it's just a concept piece :D

That's my exact 1st round tandem right now. Come back in round 2 and get a WR like ESB and a MLB like Azeem Victor and I'll be very happy.

Blokes, I love Billswire's content but can anything be done about the slide show layout?

I don't like it either but it's basically company policy on anything lengthy. I like reading and writing long form but it seems as though I'm in a decreasing minority.

My weekly prospect pieces are usually between 1500-2000 words and I fight to have as few page breaks as possible. Not something that I control unfortunately.

This Mock draft was focusing on building depth on defense, and fixing the offense.

WR CHRISTIAN KIRK
TEXAS A&M
G MARTEZ IVEY
FLORIDA
QB MASON RUDOLPH
OKLAHOMA STATE
58: R2P26
TE MARK ANDREWS
OKLAHOMA
S JUSTIN REID
STANFORD
95: R3P31
LB DAVIN BELLAMY
GEORGIA
CB CARLTON DAVIS
AUBURN
DL KENDRICK NORTON
MIAMI
Thoughts?

I'm a disciplinarian and trying to get you in step very early in the process so there will be no deviations. On this issue I'm not compromising. If you do things a certain way and consistently fail then the simple solution is to do things differently. It's a simple concept to grasp. You are an independent character who has a tendency to go astray. For your own good I'm going to be hounding you so you toe the line. :lol:

Edited by JohnC

I won't lie, I had you in mind with the Campbell pick. Risk/reward guy but after taking a closer look at him, I think he could develop into something exceptional.

If the piece went to a 4th round, the pick was going to be OG Wyatt Teller of VT for now. Like every year, I'm behind on OL because they take so long for me to study. I'm playing a long game with the OL to see if Groy gets any RG reps. If not, I'd happily take a mid-rounder to develop and maybe Shawn Lauvao or Matt Slauson on a two-year deal as a stopgap. Skins fans hate Lauvao but he's been alright this year after some dodgy tape since they signed him.

Ahh, that makes me feel special. I do love Campbell though. He doesn't have great hands and is a little raw but he is really explosive. He outruns angles and has crazy acceleration. Vita Vea is a great player, Mayfield is a lottery ticket, Cobbs is one my draft man crushes and Victor can play. This would be a draft that all Bills fans should love (they won't but they should).

Ahh, that makes me feel special. I do love Campbell though. He doesn't have great hands and is a little raw but he is really explosive. He outruns angles and has crazy acceleration. Vita Vea is a great player, Mayfield is a lottery ticket, Cobbs is one my draft man crushes and Victor can play. This would be a draft that all Bills fans should love (they won't but they should).

I got some solid feedback here and on Twitter. Facebook on the other hand, it brought out the crazies.

Now that I know Godwin gets under your skin, he's in every mock until April. Loved his play as a junior. Finding out he turned down OSU to get a good education, icing on the cake ;)

I'm a disciplinarian and trying to get you in step very early in the process so there will be no deviations. On this issue I'm not compromising. If you do things a certain way and consistently fail then the simple solution is to do things differently. It's a simple concept to grasp. You are an independent character who has a tendency to go astray. For your own good I'm going to be hounding you so you toe the line. :lol:

How many processes do I have to trust now? Don't trade away all of the talented posters, I beg of you.

I got some solid feedback here and on Twitter. Facebook on the other hand, it brought out the crazies.

Now that I know Godwin gets under your skin, he's in every mock until April. Loved his play as a junior. Finding out he turned down OSU to get a good education, icing on the cake ;)

Ha ha, the Buckeyes offered him late and he decided to honor his commitment. He's a good player. I really do like him but I can't see a safety that early. In addition, he's kind of a nerd. I never cheer for nerds.

I like your logic of making Hyde that chess piece but if he continues at this level of play I'd just assume leave him. You can find a solid 3rd safety in FA for a good price.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.