2018 Mock drafts and top prospects

Watkins101

On 1/8/2018 at 10:25 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Not a Rudolph fan and don't  know anything about Davenport, small school guys make me nervous.

Like your other picks though.

Dion Dawkins played at Temple, now he's our starting LT.  Happens all the time, doesn't matter what school you're from.  Can they play and do they have the mental game to play

• Thank you (+1) 1

From Buffalo News today (personally would be really happy with CBS or NBC's picks):

CBS Sports

No. 21: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma.

Given that the Bills have back-to-back picks at 21 and 22, it's entirely possible they shoot up in the draft to grab a Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen. But if they stand pat, Mayfield is likely the best they can hope for to address the position if they move on from Tyrod Taylor during the offseason. Mayfield has an excellent arm and should be a good fit in Rick Dennison's offense in Buffalo, though he's far from a finished product and will likely go through some growing pains in Year 1.

No. 22: Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan.

The Bills traded Marcell Dareus during the season and Kyle Williams is a free agent. That makes defensive tackle one of their major needs heading into the offseason. If the Bills aren't put off by Hurst's size, which comes in a little small for his position, I expect him to be the pick here. He should be a scheme fit, and his quickness has the chance to overwhelm interior offensive linemen at the next level.

Sporting News 

No. 21: Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame

Buffalo is a strong contender to move up in the draft for a quarterback (packaging its two first-round picks this year and one more next year) with Josh Rosen in reach if the Giants want to move down. If the Bills stay put, look for them to build their offense further. McGlinchey is a plug-and-play starter at tackle or guard.

No. 22: Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU

After addressing their offensive line, the Bills could stand to add another young receiver. Kelvin Benjamin is a great No. 2 for the future, and Zay Jones is best in the slot over the long term. Sutton would help the Bills’ coaching staff create an offensive style similar to what the Panthers had when coach Sean McDermott was in Carolina.

NBC Sports

No. 21: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma 

With the extra first-round pick, perhaps the Bills look at one of the Sooner state quarterback prospects. Mayfield's Heisman Trophy winning-season rocketed the mobile threat draft boards, but not all are in love with quarterbacks whose game may be best suited for gimmicky college offenses.

No. 22: Vita Vea, DT, Washington

Trading away Marcel Dareus created a need at defensive tackle for the Bills, who could also target a cornerback or linebacker in the early rounds.

WalterFootball.com

No. 21: Donte Jackson, CB, LSU

The Bills traded Ronald Darby to the Eagles this offseason after losing Stephon Gilmore to the Patriots. They'll need to obtain another cornerback if E.J. Gaines, an impending free agent, heads for the open market.

No. 22: Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU

The Bills need downfield receiving threats, despite trading for Kelvin Benjamin during the 2017 season. A talented receiver to go with Benjamin and Zay Jones could be a huge boon for whomever Buffalo obtains to be its next quarterback.

Draft Tek

No. 21: Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville

No. 22: Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

From Buffalo News today (personally would be really happy with CBS or NBC's picks):

WalterFootball.com

No. 21: Donte Jackson, CB, LSU

The Bills traded Ronald Darby to the Eagles this offseason after losing Stephon Gilmore to the Patriots. They'll need to obtain another cornerback if E.J. Gaines, an impending free agent, heads for the open market.

I could live with several, CBS and NBC I also liked, Sporting News wasnt 1/2 bad either, although doubtful no D in the 1st.

Donte Jackson in the first to Buffalo, is about the worst pick I have seen, bad for even Walter. Athletically gifted as any in the draft, but he needs a lot of work with technique, awareness and tackling. How many nickel corners with bad hands go in the 1st? 

Edited by P51

1 minute ago, P51 said:

I could live with several, CBS and NBC I also liked.

Donte Jackson in the first to Buffalo, is about the worst pick I have seen, bad for even Walter. Athletically gifted as any in the draft, but he needs a lot of work with technique, awareness and tackling. How many nickel corners with bad hands go in the 1st? 

Yeah, I mean I get targeting a CB if we lose Gaines, but probably not in the 1st. 

I

4 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Yeah, I mean I get targeting a CB if we lose Gaines, but probably not in the 1st. 

I could definitely see them going CB at some point regardless, if Gaines leaves and even if he stays, cant rely on him at this point to stay healthy. I doubt a first round corner is in the plans back to back years, although if Josh Jackson fell, I could see them snatching him up. 

Edited by P51

7 minutes ago, P51 said:

I could definitely see them going CB at some point regardless, if Gaines leaves and even if he stays, cant rely on him at this point to stay healthy. I doubt a first round corner is in the plans back to back years, although if Josh Jackson fell, I could see them snatching him up. 

My hope is we retain Gaines and Johnson and then take another CB in round 4 or 5. 

Mock: Five QBs go in first round

R.J. WHITE

BUF.png21. Buffalo Bills

Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma. Given that the Bills have back-to-back picks at 21 and 22, it's entirely possible they shoot up in the draft to grab a Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen. But if they stand pat, Mayfield is likely the best they can hope for to address the position if they move on from Tyrod Taylor during the offseason. Mayfield has an excellent arm and should be a good fit in Rick Dennison's offense in Buffalo, though he's far from a finished product and will likely go through some growing pains in Year 1.

BUF.png22. Buffalo Bills from Chiefs

Maurice Hurst, DT, MichiganThe Bills traded Marcell Dareus during the season and Kyle Williams is a free agent. That makes defensive tackle one of their major needs heading into the offseason. If the Bills aren't put off by Hurst's size, which comes in a little small for his position, I expect him to be the pick here. He should be a scheme fit, and his quickness has the chance to overwhelm interior offensive linemen at the next level.

I'm warming up to the idea of packaging our 2 first's and our 1st next year to move up to #2 and take Rosen.

I'm completely sold on him. Big arm, keeps his eyes down field, accurate, can read a defense....

This kid is Matty Ice 2.0. Go get  him MCBEAN!

10 minutes ago, McBean said:

I'm warming up to the idea of packaging our 2 first's and our 1st next year to move up to #2 and take Rosen.

I'm completely sold on him. Big arm, keeps his eyes down field, accurate, can read a defense....

This kid is Matty Ice 2.0. Go get  him MCBEAN!

I don't think that will be remotely close to enough to get up to 2.  Look at some of the other trades to get into even the top 5.  We are moving up from the 20s

I just did a Fanspeak draft:

1) Vita Vea DT, Lamar Jackson QB

2) Carlton Davis DB, Da'Ron Payne DT

3) Marcus Davenport EDGE

4) Jack Cichy LB

5) Auden Tate WR, Dmitri Flowers FB

I didn't draft RB because I like Taiwan Jones/Cadet behind Shady. Went defense HEAVY in the first 3 because I want to mimic the Jags and get those big boys to push the pocket and engulf Tom Brady. Davis will be my nickel back. Flowers is a good runner and receiver at the FB. Getting rid of Demarco. 

21. Buffalo Bills: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

All of the quarterback changes that happen this offseason could lead to a draft-day fall for Allen. If he’s around when the Bills come up, they should gamble a pick on his immense upside.

22. Buffalo Bills (via Kansas City Chiefs): Da’Ron Payne, DT, Alabama

Even if Kyle Williams is back for another season with the Bills, the run defense needs improving. Playing the run is Payne’s specialty. At Alabama he often played over the nose. He helped neutralize Georgia running back Nick Chubb in the national championship game.

35 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

21. Buffalo Bills: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

All of the quarterback changes that happen this offseason could lead to a draft-day fall for Allen. If he’s around when the Bills come up, they should gamble a pick on his immense upside.

22. Buffalo Bills (via Kansas City Chiefs): Da’Ron Payne, DT, Alabama

Even if Kyle Williams is back for another season with the Bills, the run defense needs improving. Playing the run is Payne’s specialty. At Alabama he often played over the nose. He helped neutralize Georgia running back Nick Chubb in the national championship game.

I'd rather just trade back and get another pick if Allen is on the board.  If he's there at 21 I suspect he'd be there at 27.  Of course the Steelers and Patriots are looking for guys to groom but I don't see Allen as a Patriots style guy.  Steelers maybe.

Just now, NewEraBills said:

I'd rather just trade back and get another pick if Allen is on the board.  If he's there at 21 I suspect he'd be there at 27.  Of course the Steelers and Patriots are looking for guys to groom but I don't see Allen as a Patriots style guy.  Steelers maybe.

I don't think he'll be there at 21. 

Just now, NewEraBills said:

I agree with you. I'd trade back to acquire more picks.

21. Buffalo Bills; 22. Buffalo Bills (from Kansas City Chiefs)

The Picks: LB Rashaan Evans, Alabama; OT Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame

Thanks to last year's draft-day trade with the Kansas City Chiefs, the Buffalo Bills own back-to-back picks in the first round. The Bills could package the two selections (and others) to move up and grab the franchise quarterback they so badly need. In this mock draft—with no trades predicted—here's what makes sense.

The offensive line needs to be addressed. Rookie left tackle Dion Dawkins did a solid job, but the right side needs an upgrade. Notre Dame's Mike McGlinchey played left tackle for the last two seasons but has the athleticism of a right tackle and the experience to play there. He would be a rookie starter.

The Bills linebacker corps is solid, but it's missing a true middle linebacker with range and the ability to make major stops against the run. Rashaan Evans has the football IQ, athleticism and instincts to be a game-changer on defense.

53. Bills: DL Da'Shawn Hand, Alabama

56. Bills (from Rams): TE Mark Andrews, Oklahoma

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

21. Buffalo Bills; 22. Buffalo Bills (from Kansas City Chiefs)

The Picks: LB Rashaan Evans, Alabama; OT Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame

Thanks to last year's draft-day trade with the Kansas City Chiefs, the Buffalo Bills own back-to-back picks in the first round. The Bills could package the two selections (and others) to move up and grab the franchise quarterback they so badly need. In this mock draft—with no trades predicted—here's what makes sense.

The offensive line needs to be addressed. Rookie left tackle Dion Dawkins did a solid job, but the right side needs an upgrade. Notre Dame's Mike McGlinchey played left tackle for the last two seasons but has the athleticism of a right tackle and the experience to play there. He would be a rookie starter.

The Bills linebacker corps is solid, but it's missing a true middle linebacker with range and the ability to make major stops against the run. Rashaan Evans has the football IQ, athleticism and instincts to be a game-changer on defense.

53. Bills: DL Da'Shawn Hand, Alabama

56. Bills (from Rams): TE Mark Andrews, Oklahoma

Man if we could find a QB from somewhere I would love those first two rounds.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.