2018 Mock drafts and top prospects

Watkins101

I'm assuming and hoping that the Bills use their first pick on a qb. After that I think that the wrestling coach will be more inclined to address the defense, line and LBs, before using a high pick on a receiver. Another receiver can be added to the mix through free agency. The biggest question for this team is how many draft assets is the franchise going to use to select a qb. If the Bills are able to get a qb of their choice without using many assets then there are so many more options with our draft strategy.  

On 12/3/2017 at 1:24 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s actually a pretty good comparison. Harvin was a little thicker but they both outrun angles. The Bills need some playmaking. Last year Beane took McCaffrey and Samuel who are both comparable. I actually think Campbell is a little more explosive than both of them (but a little less polished). 

Oh god no then.  Percy Harvin is one of the most overrated NFL players of the 21st century.  For most of his career he just wasn't very..... well.... you know..... good.  

It's sad that I can't wait for April now.  

17: R1P17

EDGE ARDEN KEY
LSU
25: R1P25

QB DREW LOCK
MISSOURI
49: R2P17

G BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE
60: R2P28

DL TAVEN BRYAN
FLORIDA
93: R3P29

RB JOSH ADAMS
NOTRE DAME
119: R4P17

OT TIMON PARRIS
STONY BROOK
155: R5P17

WR DANTE PETTIS
WASHINGTON
162: R5P24

S VAN SMITH
CLEMSON

3 QB's went off the board in the top 4 and nothing else was worth taking without being an overreach.

EDGE AUSTIN BRYANT
CLEMSON

WR CALVIN RIDLEY
ALABAMA

LB MALIK JEFFERSON
TEXAS

RB NICK CHUBB
GEORGIA

C MASON COLE
MICHIGAN

EDGE CHAD THOMAS
MIAMI (FL)

OT DAVID BRIGHT
STANFORD

DL JERRY TILLERY
NOTRE DAME
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Woodman19 said:
3 QB's went off the board in the top 4 and nothing else was worth taking without being an overreach.

EDGE AUSTIN BRYANT
CLEMSON

WR CALVIN RIDLEY
ALABAMA

LB MALIK JEFFERSON
TEXAS

RB NICK CHUBB
GEORGIA

C MASON COLE
MICHIGAN

EDGE CHAD THOMAS
MIAMI (FL)

OT DAVID BRIGHT
STANFORD

DL JERRY TILLERY
NOTRE DAME

Can any of these guys throw a football?

• Haha (+1) 1

My mock was difficult because the Sim was gobbling up all QB's and skill positions so I had to dig deep to take the best raw upside in positions of need in less sexy parts. 

Bryant: Very high upside big run stopper for the D-Line

Ridley: (my best pick IMO) gets you a speed receiver with great route discipline and toughness but average size.

Jefferson: raw athletic coverage LB that we so badly need.

Chubb: wasn't looking RB here but couldn't let him pass.  3 down all purpose back.  Would give you a 2 headed monster and heir for McCoy once he is gone.

Cole: versatile, good technique OL. Can play anywhere in the middle (Wood replacement?) And a good pass blocker.

Thomas:. Piece of athletic clay for McDermott to mould into a gem.  Great raw tools and size, boom or bust raw talent.

Bright: good run blocking tackle who needs to add weight, I think he could be a dominant guard especially next to someone like Cole.

Tillery: Big, strong DT with good penetration.  Adds depth to line.

I should note that I would have taken Mike White if we keep our 7th, basically another Peterman type smart accurate QB with questions on arm strength.

QB MASON RUDOLPH
OKLAHOMA STATE

WR CALVIN RIDLEY
ALABAMA

G ISAIAH WYNN
GEORGIA

DL DA'RON PAYNE
ALABAMA

LB OREN BURKS
VANDERBILT

RB RASHAAD PENNY
SAN DIEGO STATE

EDGE CHAD THOMAS
MIAMI

S DOMINICK SANDERS
GEORGIA

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thunderingsquid said:

That's a beaut, Hokie. 

I'm telling you, these 4 picks in the first 2 rounds may reshape our franchise for years.

There are so many good players in the first two rounds, if we play our cards right we can have impactful starters for years. 

I actually think ILB might be right up there with QB for our FO's wish list. Something tells me McD really misses having Keuchly as the QB of his D. Would not be surprised at all if Roquon Smith, Micah Kiser, or Oren Burks are major targets. Kiser is especially intriguing. As for later round options, maybe Kendall Joseph from Clemson.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13
  • Like (+1) 2

Round 1, Pick No. 17: QB Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State

25. Buffalo Bills (from KC) | Maurice Hurst | DL | Michigan

Round 2, Pick No. 49: LB Tegray Scales, Indiana

Round 2, Pick No. 60 (from LAR): WR Anthony Miller, Memphis

Round 3, Pick No. 93 (from PHI): CB M.J. Stewart, North Carolina

Round 4, Pick No. 113: RB Bo Scarbrough, Alabama

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I like 2 of the 5...  Rudolph & Miller. Although I think it's a bit too high for Rudolph, but don't risk it with QB.

I don't mind Mo Hurst, but I think he's smaller than McD likes his DTs

I need to watch more film on Scales, but he's not my preference at 49 at the moment

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yes, you get a toolsy QB prospect, some help on the DL and LB and some skill players that are badly needed for depth.

I finally found my best case scenario draft:

G QUENTON NELSON
NOTRE DAME

EDGE ARDEN KEY
LSU

QB MASON RUDOLPH
OKLAHOMA STATE

DL DA'RON PAYNE
ALABAMA

OT GERON CHRISTIAN
LOUISVILLE

WR ANTONIO CALLAWAY
FLORIDA

LB DAVIN BELLAMY
GEORGIA

RB AKRUM WADLEY
IOWA

16 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

When qbs are discussed about this draft class I've come to the harden conclusion that there is no excuse for this failed organization not to make an aggressive move to come away with their future franchise qb. Even if our most preferred qb or two are not available that doesn't mean that this regime still can't secure a quality option. If the McBeane duo take the Levy/Jauron conservative approach to the draft they will deservedly be scorned. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, JohnC said:

When qbs are discussed about this draft class I've come to the harden conclusion that there is no excuse for this failed organization not to make an aggressive move to come away with their future franchise qb. Even if our most preferred qb or two are not available that doesn't mean that this regime still can't secure a quality option. If the McBeane duo take the Levy/Jauron conservative approach to the draft they will deservedly be scorned. 

There has to be a quality option to take or there is a reason not to take a QB.  Just because we want to believe that this is a deep and talented QB class, does not necessarily make it so.

if none of Rosen, Darnold, Jackson or Mayfield are available, I think we may be out of luck and have to take a desperation shot on someone else later in the draft.

23 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

There has to be a quality option to take or there is a reason not to take a QB.  Just because we want to believe that this is a deep and talented QB class, does not necessarily make it so.

if none of Rosen, Darnold, Jackson or Mayfield are available, I think we may be out of luck and have to take a desperation shot on someone else later in the draft.

The Bills have more high draft picks to parlay than most teams. This draft class has more qbs that will probably be taken in the first round than most years. This team has been stuck  in the middle with a 7-9 to 9-7 during its ignominious drought that has lasted for more than a generation. I'm not advocating for a stupid reach on a prospect that will  have little chance to succeed. The Bills have the wherewithal and they need to use it to accomplish what needs to be accomplished. This year, I'm not accepting excuses. 

15 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The Bills have more high draft picks to parlay than most teams. This draft class has more qbs that will probably be taken in the first round than most years. This team has been stuck  in the middle with a 7-9 to 9-7 during its ignominious drought that has lasted for more than a generation. I'm not advocating for a stupid reach on a prospect that will  have little chance to succeed. The Bills have the wherewithal and they need to use it to accomplish what needs to be accomplished. This year, I'm not accepting excuses. 

They do have extra pick in rounds 1&2.  Let's say that they end up with the 15th and 20th picks in round 1 - (could end up higher or lower depending how they and KC finish.  In an average year those picks might get you one pick in the top 5 - if you can find a trade partner.  But, given the perception that this is a strong QB class, teams at the top may want to stay there and pick a QB themselves and other teams wanting to trade up will inflate the price to move up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.