2018 Mock drafts and top prospects

Watkins101

Just now, Cripple Creek said:

Rich man's Percy Harvin?

That’s actually a pretty good comparison. Harvin was a little thicker but they both outrun angles. The Bills need some playmaking. Last year Beane took McCaffrey and Samuel who are both comparable. I actually think Campbell is a little more explosive than both of them (but a little less polished). 

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s actually a pretty good comparison. Harvin was a little thicker but they both outrun angles. The Bills need some playmaking. Last year Beane took McCaffrey and Samuel who are both comparable. I actually think Campbell is a little more explosive than both of them (but a little less polished). 

Because of the system and what he is asked to do? Can't be practice time (injuries aside) because he's had plenty of that.

13 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Because of the system and what he is asked to do? Can't be practice time (injuries aside) because he's had plenty of that.

He doesn’t have a ton of experience. This is really his first year as a featured guy. At the same time Campbell ran a 4.3 at 13 years-old and was a basketball star as well. 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He doesn’t have a ton of experience. This is really his first year as a featured guy. At the same time Campbell ran a 4.3 at 13 years-old and was a basketball star as well. 

I guess that depends on how you define experience. He's been in there 4 years. That's a ton of time to perfect his craft.  But, Meyer's job is winning college games not preparing players for the NFL so maybe he does have room to grow.

30 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I guess that depends on how you define experience. He's been in there 4 years. That's a ton of time to perfect his craft.  But, Meyer's job is winning college games not preparing players for the NFL so maybe he does have room to grow.

It’s funny because I saw a mock this morning that had us taking him in the 3rd. He is a guy that I could see rising a lot in the offseason though because he will test off the charts. I’m not sure that he’s an every down player but he can be a dangerous weapon and hit some of the home runs that we can’t hit. 

On 12/2/2017 at 8:57 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

We talk a lot about prospects that we like but Parris Campbell in the 2nd would be a blessing. He is so, so explosive.

Thing I am not so sure about is he hasn't seem a lot of action on the field.  Only two years of play and really not very productive for the first one.  I like him though.  

3 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Thing I am not so sure about is he hasn't seem a lot of action on the field.  Only two years of play and really not very productive for the first one.  I like him though.  

He may not have a lot of on field action, but man can the kid play special teams.   What really stands out to me with him aside from his speed is how good of a blocker he is. 

If we decide to take a tight end...I'm all aboard the Dallas Goedert train.  He reminds me of some of the best tight ends in the game with his catching ability. Outta San Diego State but he is a modern day receiving tight end.  He could be a really nice security blanket for a young QB.  Clay may be here...he may not.  Even if he is, Dallas Goedert could be a nice tight end to pair with a rookie.  I think he has the potential to be like a Gronk type receiving threat if used properly.  

5 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Yeah, it is a little risk reward. He could be Tyreke Hill though (minus the domestic violence). That crossing route he took the other day, he just outran the angles. He does that a lot. He has an extra gear.

1 minute ago, Buffalo30 said:

If we decide to take a tight end...I'm all aboard the Dallas Goedert train.  He reminds me of some of the best tight ends in the game with his catching ability. Outta San Diego State but he is a modern day receiving tight end.  He could be a really nice security blanket for a young QB.  Clay may be here...he may not.  Even if he is, Dallas Goedert could be a nice tight end to pair with a rookie.  I think he has the potential to be like a Gronk type receiving threat if used properly.  

Kiper has him as his top TE.

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

He may not have a lot of on field action, but man can the kid play special teams.   What really stands out to me with him aside from his speed is how good of a blocker he is. 

I think he will be a great player eventually.  I'm just wondering if McD would take a guy who is technically only a sophomore.  That being said, he is exactly what this offense needs.  It needs a guy with flat out speed.  One that can stretch the field and one you want to give the ball in space to.  He is that no question

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, it is a little risk reward. He could be Tyreke Hill though (minus the domestic violence). That crossing route he took the other day, he just outran the angles. He does that a lot. He has an extra gear.

Kiper has him as his top TE.

I'd certainly take him.  But how high?  As for Dallas, if he slips into the second round...that would be tough to pass up.  Or even if we end up with a late first. Especially if we draft a QB 1st.

11 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

I think he will be a great player eventually.  I'm just wondering if McD would take a guy who is technically only a sophomore.  That being said, he is exactly what this offense needs.  It needs a guy with flat out speed.  One that can stretch the field and one you want to give the ball in space to.  He is that no question

I'd certainly take him.  But how high?  As for Dallas, if he slips into the second round...that would be tough to pass up.  Or even if we end up with a late first. Especially if we draft a QB 1st.

I’m thinking Campbell is a late 2 or 3. I saw a mock recently that actually projected him to the Bills in the 3rd. My guess is that he climbs some during the testing though because he will be fast. They timed him at a 4.3 at age 13!!

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m thinking Campbell is a late 2 or 3. I saw a mock recently that actually projected him to the Bills in the 3rd. My guess is that he climbs some during the testing though because he will be fast. They timed him at a 4.3 at age 13!!

Yeah I could see him going in the middle of the second.  He could be a target.  If they grab a QB, I expect them to snag some sort of weapon in the second round for him.  Campell could be the guy or Dallas Goedert in my opinion. Campell does give the added bonus of special teams but Goedert looks like the next Gronk in terms of production...both should be in our sights

4 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Yeah I could see him going in the middle of the second.  He could be a target.  If they grab a QB, I expect them to snag some sort of weapon in the second round for him.  Campell could be the guy or Dallas Goedert in my opinion. Campell does give the added bonus of special teams but Goedert looks like the next Gronk in terms of production...both should be in our sights

I would agree with that. I always try to look at the GM’s history too. He drafted big bodied pass catchers early in Olsen and Benjamin and weapon types in McCaffrey and Samuel. I could see those guys as options. 

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I would agree with that. I always try to look at the GM’s history too. He drafted big bodied pass catchers early in Olsen and Benjamin and weapon types in McCaffrey and Samuel. I could see those guys as options. 

Agreed.  I just like Goebert a lot haha.  He reminds me of the Kelce's and the Gronk's of the tight end world.  He can truly catch the ball and be an important weapon for a rookie QB.  Both would be a nice thing to have for a rookie QB.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.