2018 Mock drafts and top prospects

Watkins101

As interested as I am to see how the rest of the season goes, I'm ready for it to be closer to draft time.

17: R1P17  
G QUENTON NELSON
NOTRE DAME
25: R1P25  
DL LOWELL LOTULELEI
UTAH
49: R2P17  
LB ROQUON SMITH
GEORGIA
58: R2P26  
QB MASON RUDOLPH
OKLAHOMA STATE
96: R3P32  
EDGE JOSH SWEAT
FLORIDA STATE
119: R4P17
OT CHUKWUMA OKORAFOR
WESTERN MICHIGAN
155: R5P17  
S DOMINICK SANDERS
GEORGIA
165: R5P27  
WR BRAXTON BERRIOS
MIAMI

13 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

I agree with that statement. I also think the height thing could be an issue as well.

Again, I think Rudolph will be their guy. 

I think I would be ok with this....a little nervous about trading up for him though...but if he fell to us I would be ok with it

31 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I think I would be ok with this....a little nervous about trading up for him though...but if he fell to us I would be ok with it

Thats exactly why I think it will be Rudolph, they won’t trade up. They’ll go with a new vet in the off-season. (Bradford/Bridgewater/Keenum/Smith/McCarron or someone of that ilk),

and let Rudolph, or someone like him, fall to them. A lot of teams are wary of the numbers that quarterbacks in the Big 12 put up, so Rudolph (along with Mayfield possibly) could take a hit from that in terms of their draft stock. 

I know I said “Rudolph will be their guy”, but that’s also as of right now and how the class is currently stacking up. Some things will definitely change, so depending what happens it could totally be a different QB.

I believe that from now through the combine & pro day process we will see the following:

1. Darnold above Rosen because of Rosen’s “personality issues”.

2. Allen solidified himself as the #3 QB.

3. Mayfield becomes #4 with Jackson at #5.

4. One of the guys we’re not talking about as much, either Falk, Thorson, Stidham or Ferguson jump up the boards either through their play during the bowl games, combine results or pro-days. If Auburn goes and beats Georgia, gets a playoff spot and he can get some heroics going for Auburn, look for Stidham’s stock to really shoot up. He’s a guy I could see as a late riser.

36 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

Thats exactly why I think it will be Rudolph, they won’t trade up. They’ll go with a new vet in the off-season. (Bradford/Bridgewater/Keenum/Smith/McCarron or someone of that ilk),

and let Rudolph, or someone like him, fall to them. A lot of teams are wary of the numbers that quarterbacks in the Big 12 put up, so Rudolph (along with Mayfield possibly) could take a hit from that in terms of their draft stock. 

I know I said “Rudolph will be their guy”, but that’s also as of right now and how the class is currently stacking up. Some things will definitely change, so depending what happens it could totally be a different QB.

I believe that from now through the combine & pro day process we will see the following:

4. One of the guys we’re not talking about as much, either Falk, Thorson, Stidham or Ferguson jump up the boards either through their play during the bowl games, combine results or pro-days. If Auburn goes and beats Georgia, gets a playoff spot and he can get some heroics going for Auburn, look for Stidham’s stock to really shoot up. He’s a guy I could see as a late riser.

I agree... I like Studham but wasn’t sure if he was a one year starter or not:..another guy to keep an eye on is Ryan Finley out of NC State...he can really spin the pigskin...I have seen him mocked to us in the 2nd round

59 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

No way is Allen third, he will be lucky to be drafted in the third.

No matter how you may think things will go in a reasonable way, guys may fall.

YOUR TEAM
BUFFALO BILLS
YOUR PICKS
1: R1P18
QB JOSH ROSEN
UCLA
2: R1P25
EDGE SAM HUBBARD
OHIO STATE
3: R2P18
DL DA'RON PAYNE
ALABAMA
4: R2P28
OT BRANDON PARKER
NORTH CAROLINA A&T
5: R3P32
G WILL HERNANDEZ
UTEP
6: R4P18
RB MARK WALTON
MIAMI
7: R5P18
WR DANTE PETTIS
WASHINGTON
8: R5P23
S VAN SMITH
CLEMSON
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, thunderingsquid said:

No matter how you may think things will go in a reasonable way, guys may fall.

YOUR TEAM
BUFFALO BILLS
YOUR PICKS
1: R1P18
QB JOSH ROSEN
UCLA
2: R1P25
EDGE SAM HUBBARD
OHIO STATE
3: R2P18
DL DA'RON PAYNE
ALABAMA
4: R2P28
OT BRANDON PARKER
NORTH CAROLINA A&T
5: R3P32
G WILL HERNANDEZ
UTEP
6: R4P18
RB MARK WALTON
MIAMI
7: R5P18
WR DANTE PETTIS
WASHINGTON
8: R5P23
S VAN SMITH
CLEMSON

WOW.  Rosen at #18?

Image result for lotr,it's a gift

It's a gift.html

33 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

Anything can happen and it usually does.  I'm very confident that we will hit on at least 3 of the 4 first picks.  We will be ready for a slider.  I don't think we will be picking 18th however.

Not sure how free agency will go though.

Are you thinking higher or lower than 18?

i agree, there are always sliders but I really doubt Rosen is one of them.

• Like (+1) 1

18Buffalo Bills: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma

Rosen is the Bills’ ideal pick at quarterback, and they might value Mason Rudolph of Oklahoma State on Day 2 of the draft. But Mayfield would be a fun fit for the offensive talent and rebuilding offensive line in Buffalo.

25Buffalo Bills (via Chiefs): Da’Ron Payne, DT, Alabama

Buffalo spent five of its first six picks in the 2017 NFL Draft on offense, which likely means the Bills will focus on defense in 2018. Defensive line has not been addressed, and Payne can give them a highly skilled interior defensive line upgrade.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.