Tonight: Give me your 3 make or break guys....

GunnerBill

I don't disagree with you on any of this. I am beyond pissed at all the scheme changes and good players deemed unable to play in them. My point is these guys wouldn't have signed him, played him and moved him to first team if they didn't like him. They flat out have worn DuCasse on their sleeves since the beginning.

BTW, DuCasse was in when we scored last week...I know, I know...these guys are looking for a reason to play him. Maybe Miller is traded not cut.

Which "good players deemed unable to play in them" have been let go by the team?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't disagree with you on any of this. I am beyond pissed at all the scheme changes and good players deemed unable to play in them. My point is these guys wouldn't have signed him, played him and moved him to first team if they didn't like him. They flat out have worn DuCasse on their sleeves since the beginning.

BTW, DuCasse was in when we scored last week...I know, I know...these guys are looking for a reason to play him. Maybe Miller is traded not cut.

I agree with you they are definitely giving this guy every chance to win the RG position. He has failed miserably. I can certainly see them trading Miller. If they flat out cut him I will definitely lose some respect for McD. If they trade him, do you think we could recoup the 3rd round pick we spent for him? In my opinion, Miller is a solid, above average guard, who's young and has only gotten better each year...

I agree with you they are definitely giving this guy every chance to win the RG position. He has failed miserably. I can certainly see them trading Miller. If they flat out cut him I will definitely lose some respect for McD. If they trade him, do you think we could recoup the 3rd round pick we spent for him? In my opinion, Miller is a solid, above average guard, who's young and has only gotten better each year...

I agree and I doubt they can get a 3rd for him.

Which "good players deemed unable to play in them" have been let go by the team?

Obviously, every time we have changed coaching staffs we go from 4-3 to 3-4 to 4-3 and the recent trades of Darby and Ragland are examples. Gilmore may even have been an example. Miller could be next...Shaq? Happens all over the NFL...it is a coach's game...they don't adjust to the players as much as they should IMO.

Obviously, every time we have changed coaching staffs we go from 4-3 to 3-4 to 4-3 and the recent trades of Darby and Ragland are examples. Gilmore may even have been an example. Miller could be next...Shaq? Happens all over the NFL...it is a coach's game...they don't adjust to the players as much as they should IMO.

Darby wasn't deemed "unable to play in McDermott's scheme." Beane was offered more value than they determined he was worth and they jumped on the deal. As good as Darby was as a rookie, he was average at best in 2016. Was it just a sophomore slump? Or was it him coming back down to Earth? We'll see how he does in Philadelphia. But he was being out-performed by a rookie in training camp leading up to the trade.

Ragland wasn't deemed "unable to play in McDermott's scheme." He was deemed not good enough to make the roster and it was good work to get something out of him.

Gilmore is also not an example. McDermott preferred to keep him.

I think we all probably believe 85-90% of the roster is nailed down at this point. So going into the 4th pre-season game give me your 3 guys for whom tonight is make or break in terms of being on that final 53......

I'll start you off:

- Brandon Reilly (WR)

- Trae Elston (S)

- Logan Thomas (TE)

Very respectfully, GB, and to all of you who list Logan Thomas on the bubble, who is beating him out?

Towbridge?

Croom?

Saxton?

I just haven't seen any conversation where anyone of those three beat him out. That said, I actually believe TE has been pretty well set almost since the start of training camp.

Miller would be a surprise cut the Bills web site still lists him as the starter on their depth chart.

Miller is young, cost efficient, and durable. We would all be surprised and confused if they went that route. It would be an opposite approach to what they have been doing this whole off season.

You really think Miller is on the bubble? I would be beyond shocked and unbelievably appalled if this happens. To me, not only has Miller outplayed Ducasse, but Ducasse has looked pretty freakin terrible, and on too many occasions. My personal opinion on this is that McDermott likes Ducasse, and also is on mission to rid the team of ALL of Whaley's draft picks. Honestly, if Miller is cut I will lose a TON of respect for Sean McDermott and Brandon Beane, because a move like this defies logic, and screams "ego and power trip". Again, not only do I think Miller has outplayed Ducasse, but I think he is a valuable asset to our O-line, and has shown marked improvement from one year to the next, is still young and has alot of good football in front of him....if we cut him, wherever he goes next he will be the starting RG, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him make his first pro-bowl...

I 100% agree with you on Andre Holmes, he SHOULD squarely be on the bubble. However, with losing Sammy and Boldin retiring, I suspect he will make the roster. If I'm not mistaken he is the tallest receiver we have right now, and his size makes him harder to get rid of. Sammy was 6'2, and Boldin was 6"1 or 6'2..

So my 3 would be Ducasse, Ola, and Mudge.

Yeah, if that actually happened miller would be swooped up in a nano-second and as for Beane and McDermott...it would be real difficult to have any respect for them

Darby wasn't deemed "unable to play in McDermott's scheme." Beane was offered more value than they determined he was worth and they jumped on the deal. As good as Darby was as a rookie, he was average at best in 2016. Was it just a sophomore slump? Or was it him coming back down to Earth? We'll see how he does in Philadelphia. But he was being out-performed by a rookie in training camp leading up to the trade.

Ragland wasn't deemed "unable to play in McDermott's scheme." He was deemed not good enough to make the roster and it was good work to get something out of him.

Gilmore is also not an example. McDermott preferred to keep him.

Darby and Gilmore are both man cover guys. This staff wants zone cover guys who want to tackle (generally cheaper). You're fooling yourself if you think Ragland being a 3-4 Inside backer and not a 4-3 guy like he was drafted for had nothing to do with the trade. McDermott even said Reggie is a good player and that he will be at some point. You can also argue that Watkins was traded because this staff places a lower value on receivers in this offense. Enough...not sure why you're going this way.

Very respectfully, GB, and to all of you who list Logan Thomas on the bubble, who is beating him out?

Towbridge?

Croom?

Saxton?

I just haven't seen any conversation where anyone of those three beat him out. That said, I actually believe TE has been pretty well set almost since the start of training camp.

Towbridge and Croom are on IR. I'm guessing he means a free agent cut by another team over these next few days could be the third TE.

Darby and Gilmore are both man cover guys. This staff wants zone cover guys who want to tackle (generally cheaper). You're fooling yourself if you think Ragland being a 3-4 Inside backer and not a 4-3 guy like he was drafted for had nothing to do with the trade. McDermott even said Reggie is a good player and that he will be at some point. You can also argue that Watkins was traded because this staff places a lower value on receivers in this offense. Enough...not sure why you're going this way.

It's overstated. The whole "I am beyond pissed at all the scheme changes and good players unable to play in them" is ridiculous imo.

Trae Elston

Andre Holmes

Nigel Williams

Elston and Williams to the PS though

Out right cuts

Vlad

Andre

Colt

i'm really worried about safety depth. based on what we saw a couple of years ago, i thought rambo would be good. byrd is still out there

You really think Miller is on the bubble? I would be beyond shocked and unbelievably appalled if this happens. To me, not only has Miller outplayed Ducasse, but Ducasse has looked pretty freakin terrible, and on too many occasions. My personal opinion on this is that McDermott likes Ducasse, and also is on mission to rid the team of ALL of Whaley's draft picks. Honestly, if Miller is cut I will lose a TON of respect for Sean McDermott and Brandon Beane, because a move like this defies logic, and screams "ego and power trip". Again, not only do I think Miller has outplayed Ducasse, but I think he is a valuable asset to our O-line, and has shown marked improvement from one year to the next, is still young and has alot of good football in front of him....if we cut him, wherever he goes next he will be the starting RG, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him make his first pro-bowl...

I 100% agree with you on Andre Holmes, he SHOULD squarely be on the bubble. However, with losing Sammy and Boldin retiring, I suspect he will make the roster. If I'm not mistaken he is the tallest receiver we have right now, and his size makes him harder to get rid of. Sammy was 6'2, and Boldin was 6"1 or 6'2..

So my 3 would be Ducasse, Ola, and Mudge.

plus miller went through some hard stuff personally along the way. if they cut him i am gonna lose all respect and hope that i had for this staff. i really thought they were great hires,but if they start pulling whaley crap......oh God please no

i'm really worried about safety depth. based on what we saw a couple of years ago, i thought rambo would be good. byrd is still out there

plus miller went through some hard stuff personally along the way. if they cut him i am gonna lose all respect and hope that i had for this staff. i really thought they were great hires,but if they start pulling whaley crap......oh God please no

We have 4 guys at Safety that could go on the PS,Powell.Elston,Sanders and McDonald.

Besides there is always dumpster diving after the cuts.

WR Rod Streater

OL Vladimir Ducasse

S Colt Anderson

Streater was one of the best WR's in camp/PS before he got hurt.

Towbridge and Croom are on IR. I'm guessing he means a free agent cut by another team over these next few days could be the third TE.

It's overstated. The whole "I am beyond pissed at all the scheme changes and good players unable to play in them" is ridiculous imo.

Then just ignore me instead of being the overstated police. You are also wrong we have made scheme change after scheme change in recent years which is my point.

Daikiel Shorts (WR)

Logan Thomas (TE)

Nigel Williams (DL)

Pulling for shorts. He's no burner but has a nice catch radius with his leaping ability and those hands... reminds me of a slightly faster Nammen Roosevelt type guy. Would probably do alright as a true slot guy against a lb, on a team of slot guys. Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

I concur. I think that is one of the biggest reasons that Bill Belichick is one of the greatest coaches of all time is his ability to adapt his system to the talent he has on the field. (Well that and having the GOAT) A good portion of coaches in the NFL have such great egos they think their system will work regardless of the players that they have to run it.

The reason Rambo cant stay on the team is his knee keeps failing on him. I feel bad for dude he was a playmaker at S depth and STs and could start in a pinch.

A lot of us will lose respect for the coaching if Miller is cut to start Ducasse.