Tonight: Give me your 3 make or break guys....

GunnerBill

Then just ignore me instead of being the overstated police. You are also wrong we have made scheme change after scheme change in recent years which is my point.

We have absolutely made scheme change after scheme change. That is a fact no-one can ignore. It is one of the things that has set this franchise back on so many occasions, most notably Rex coming in, inheriting the friggin number four defense, led the league in sacks, and turns them into a 3-4, has pure sackmasters and D linemen dropping back into coverage. And what was the result? Unhappy players, a defense that went from awesome to below average, and an offense that put up top 10 numbers only to be negated by our subpar D.

And McDermott is definitely getting rid of players who don't fit his scheme. I do believe that both the Darby and the Ragland cuts were due to not fitting McDermott's scheme.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wondering how just 3 months ago we had a solid WR corps with Corey Brown. Now we are thinking we have a weak WR corpse without him.

I don't know why we thought he would make the roster 3 months ago and now question it. But I know we do

I'm wondering how just 3 months ago we had a solid WR corps with Corey Brown. Now we are thinking we have a weak WR corpse without him.

I don't know why we thought he would make the roster 3 months ago and now question it. But I know we do

WR 6

Zay Jones

Jordan Matthews

Brandon Reilly

Andre Holmes

Brandon Tate WR, #1KR

Corey ""Philly"" Brown WR #3 KR

Walt Powell WR #2KR susp; not part of 53

Rod Streater waived/injured

Daikiel Shorts PS

Very respectfully, GB, and to all of you who list Logan Thomas on the bubble, who is beating him out?

Towbridge?

Croom?

Saxton?

I just haven't seen any conversation where anyone of those three beat him out. That said, I actually believe TE has been pretty well set almost since the start of training camp.

I don't think any of them beat him out. I think he needs to show something or they will look outside the organisation for their 3rd TE.

I think we all probably believe 85-90% of the roster is nailed down at this point. So going into the 4th pre-season game give me your 3 guys for whom tonight is make or break in terms of being on that final 53......

I'll start you off:

- Brandon Reilly (WR)

- Trae Elston (S)

- Logan Thomas (TE)

Three pretty solid picks. Can't argue with your choices.

WR 6

Zay Jones

Jordan Matthews

Brandon Reilly

Andre Holmes

Brandon Tate WR, #1KR

Daikiel Shorts PS

Those were my six that I posted yesterday!

JMatt

AHolmes

ZJones

PBrown

BTate

BReilly or DShorts

WR 6

Zay Jones

Jordan Matthews

Brandon Reilly

Andre Holmes

Brandon Tate WR, #1KR

Daikiel Shorts PS

i think he will make the team, i'd want him on the team.

and reilly is the next hogan

Johnathan Williams. He was nicked up last week and got no carries, but ran kick coverage which makes absolutely no sense.

Keyvon Seymour. You can't make the club from the tub.

Colton Schmidt. I know they cut Rehkow already but Schmidt still stinks. There will be more punters around.

Johnathan Williams. He was nicked up last week and got no carries, but ran kick coverage which makes absolutely no sense.

Keyvon Seymour. You can't make the club from the tub.

Colton Schmidt. I know they cut Rehkow already but Schmidt still stinks. There will be more punters around.

2 for 3 ain't bad.