Tonight: Give me your 3 make or break guys....

GunnerBill

I think we all probably believe 85-90% of the roster is nailed down at this point. So going into the 4th pre-season game give me your 3 guys for whom tonight is make or break in terms of being on that final 53......

I'll start you off:

- Brandon Reilly (WR)

- Trae Elston (S)

- Logan Thomas (TE)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go with John Miller, Vald DuCasse and Andre Holmes

You really think Miller is on the bubble? I would be beyond shocked and unbelievably appalled if this happens. To me, not only has Miller outplayed Ducasse, but Ducasse has looked pretty freakin terrible, and on too many occasions. My personal opinion on this is that McDermott likes Ducasse, and also is on mission to rid the team of ALL of Whaley's draft picks. Honestly, if Miller is cut I will lose a TON of respect for Sean McDermott and Brandon Beane, because a move like this defies logic, and screams "ego and power trip". Again, not only do I think Miller has outplayed Ducasse, but I think he is a valuable asset to our O-line, and has shown marked improvement from one year to the next, is still young and has alot of good football in front of him....if we cut him, wherever he goes next he will be the starting RG, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him make his first pro-bowl...

I 100% agree with you on Andre Holmes, he SHOULD squarely be on the bubble. However, with losing Sammy and Boldin retiring, I suspect he will make the roster. If I'm not mistaken he is the tallest receiver we have right now, and his size makes him harder to get rid of. Sammy was 6'2, and Boldin was 6"1 or 6'2..

So my 3 would be Ducasse, Ola, and Mudge.

You really think Miller is on the bubble? I would be beyond shocked and unbelievably appalled if this happens. To me, not only has Miller outplayed Ducasse, but Ducasse has looked pretty freakin terrible, and on too many occasions. My personal opinion on this is that McDermott likes Ducasse, and also is on mission to rid the team of ALL of Whaley's draft picks. Honestly, if Miller is cut I will lose a TON of respect for Sean McDermott and Brandon Beane, because a move like this defies logic, and screams "ego and power trip". Again, not only do I think Miller has outplayed Ducasse, but I think he is a valuable asset to our O-line, and has shown marked improvement from one year to the next, is still young and has alot of good football in front of him....if we cut him, wherever he goes next he will be the starting RG, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him make his first pro-bowl...

I 100% agree with you on Andre Holmes, he SHOULD squarely be on the bubble. However, with losing Sammy and Boldin retiring, I suspect he will make the roster. If I'm not mistaken he is the tallest receiver we have right now, and his size makes him harder to get rid of. Sammy was 6'2, and Boldin was 6"1 or 6'2..

So my 3 would be Ducasse, Ola, and Mudge.

I don't disagree with you on any of this. I am beyond pissed at all the scheme changes and good players deemed unable to play in them. My point is these guys wouldn't have signed him, played him and moved him to first team if they didn't like him. They flat out have worn DuCasse on their sleeves since the beginning.

BTW, DuCasse was in when we scored last week...I know, I know...these guys are looking for a reason to play him. Maybe Miller is traded not cut.

Edited by horned dogs